Couch to 5K Challenge - who's in?

i started this just before starting CD but i was heavily advised against it whilst on the plan by my Dr & my CDC so i gave it up... the reason they explained was that exercise this intense can not only burn u out on the lower CD plans, but it will cause u to retain water (therefore affecting ur weight loss results) & u end up burning ur lean muscle away as ur body's not taking in enough calories to account for it? did they wrongly advise me? Xx

i started this just before starting CD but i was heavily advised against it whilst on the plan by my Dr & my CDC so i gave it up... the reason they explained was that exercise this intense can not only burn u out on the lower CD plans, but it will cause u to retain water (therefore affecting ur weight loss results) & u end up burning ur lean muscle away as ur body's not taking in enough calories to account for it? did they wrongly advise me? Xx

i'm afraid that you have been badly informed. this exercise is the right type to do as it is interval training and will actually assist fat burning. it will not burn up lean muscle. after the first 2 weeks exercise is advised. if you are used to exercise you take it easy for the first 2 weeks on ss then you can up the intensity a little to see how your body copes. i actually ran up to 6 miles on a ss plan, and was running 3 times a week. it can make you retain water and this happens with me when i do loads of exercise of high intensity. the difference is around 1.5lbs between doing exercise and not doing it, with loosing more when i don't do it.

p.s i have some wonderful muscle tone in my legs and arms from running and body pump. someone actually commented the other day that i have 'powerhouse legs!'

I use the shock absorbers too and they are fab!

The M&S sports bra is pretty good too.

the run bra is the best as it has been specially designed for running. i find that i still move in the other shock absorber high impact but i don't with the new running bra. i used to have to wear my shock absorber high impact level 4 and skins (my compression wear) to stop the jiggling. now i don't.

I'm so jealous I want to do C25K too, I started it before my injury but I'm not sure when I'll be allowed to run again :( I'm back at physio tomorrow so will see how I'm going!

Week 1 - run's 1 and 2 done!

Took lissy with me today and my god!!! My pram is a running Pram... But goodness I noticed a difference pushing her! Think lissy may need to embark on the CD plan!!

Kidding!

1 run of week 1 left to do and feeling really positive about it!

Xxxx

Last edited:
I did my first run last night, I have to say that I really enjoyed it! I room the dog and a bottle of water with me. I think I stopped for a drink about 15 minutes in, I looked at my poor dog and he was shattered, I ended up taking a few sips and giving the rest of the water too him :-D

I'm going to do my 2nd run tonight and 3rd tomorrow, then next week will space them out over Monday, Wednesday and Friday!

Roll on tonight, I'm actually excited about going for a run! Haha :) xxx

I'm doing the same as you chick

Money Wednesday and Friday!

So thats good cos we can do it together!!

Well done for your first run! Bizarre how amazing
You feel isn't it lol makes you wonder why you havnt been doing it for ages ha

I'm doing m last run of this week tomorrow also lol sorry to be a Copy cat!

We should do photos... And inches!

Il get my friend to take my photos later and will upload them!

Good luck for later!! You might have to drag the dog lol xxx

Oh that will be pukka!!
What a good idea about the pictures, I'll get my sister too take some of me later :)

Your little princess is beautiful, I think your amazing doing this diet while your husband is away :) I read through a bit of your diary a couple of weeks ago and think your very inspiring. And getting straight back too CD right away, you really are lovely Lauren :)

I can't wait too check my inch loss and be weighed on Saturday!! Honestly the things I get excited about lately! Haha

xxx

i hate running with my running pram. it's such hard work. i often went out and did 7-10 miles but with a pram it was 6 and i had had enough. even the big 20" wheels are not big enough lol.

Run 3 done!

Week 1 couch to 5k complete! Woohoo!!!

Run 1 week 2 will be Monday :) see you then Xxxxx

Well done LL!

My run 1 is tomorrow. Hopefully I'll make it home! Hehe!

go for it sweetie, you will be fab!! xx

Ok. Just got back from first run. I managed it all.... but I feel like my heart is in my throat!!!!

Exhausted and look like a raspberry!

Hope it gets easier with time. I couldn't have run another second today!

How's everyone else getting on?

hey hey hey ladies - I'm in :) have done day 1 and 2 - day 3 will be tomorrow or tues - I probably won't have set days just as and when but will be 3 times a week if that makes sense. I'm loving it already :)

Hi guys,

hws everyone getting on??

I just did Run 1 week 2, was suposed to do it yesterday but had the babe up at the hospital so forgive me for running a day behind!

will do run 2 tomorrow as planned and run 3 on Friday!

xxxxxxxxx

I havn't started week 2 yet as been ill (keep going dizzy and nearly passing out so not really good idea to run lol) but will be back at it the weekend x

I can only do weekends at the moment (current week day pattern is not good - I'm leaving home at 6am and not getting back much before 8.30pm - and don't want to run so early or late, its too dark!!)

Glad you're onto week 2. I'll come back on Saturday after my next run.

Hey girls,
I started week 2 on Monday, then done the 2nd run last night and will run again tomorrow evening! I found last night a little tough, so don't know how I'm going too feel ib week 3! Oh well, it's all for a good cause!
Hope everyone is getting on ok xxx

Hi guys! Week 2 run 2 done!

Sorry im 2 days behind been really ill with d n v sorry if tmi!

Anyway, will do my last run tomorrow so just on time!

Then on to week 3 on Monday!

Covered 3.6km tonight and burnt 322 cals woohoo lol so nearly my shakes!

Xxx

Week 3! Starting run 1 this evening at 5.30, hope everyone else is doing well. I have to say I'm really enjoying the runs at the moment, they are definitely taking my mind off of things for a short while!
Good luck to everyone starting week 3 xxx

Back