Couch to 5k challenge

Thanks Karen. I do prefer running on my own though but with it being so busy and having some dodgy (as well as mean) people near where I live I didn't feel safe with my ipod on. I'll stick to the gym, that way I can run on my own in a safer environment with music :D

Well done for completing the first day of Week 2, may the rest of the week be as easy :D

its next week im worried about not sure if i'll be able to last 3 whole minutes running without stopping lol

its next week im worried about not sure if i'll be able to last 3 whole minutes running without stopping lol

Hmm, that sounds vaguely familiar ;) Don't stress about next week yet! You worried about Week 2 Day 1 and you're doing brilliantly so enjoy feeling smug and proud of yourself for a couple of days :) I'm sure you will exceed your own expectations again next week.

Plus, don't forget the cool running website that I'm following says that if you struggle with a week at some point, you can always repeat it until you feel ready to move on. Although I suspect you won't need to :D

thanks chick will remember that one
if your up for another challenge ive just started a thread easter sit up challenge 3500 or 1750 sit ups by easter it isnt as scary as it sound its either 25 sit ups morning and night for 10 weeks =3500 or 25 a day is 1750 by easter im hoping these challenges help keep me going with exercise

Haha, thanks Karen! I've roped myself into doing that one too :D

Anything that helps me slim down this tummy of mine is a good thing, although I might not feel that way when doing them!

Hello :wavey:

Can i join your challenge too? I started doing the C25K four weeks ago, and was almost at week 3 when i got struck down by a chest infection :( I went back to the gym last week and re-did week 2 day 1, and tomorrow i am going to do week 2 day 2, i am hoping to feel confident enough to start week 3 by next monday, but if not i will repeat week 2 for another week!

So I had my gym induction at the busiest time so I ended up cycling for a bit before as there were no treadmills free. Was just going to have a go on the stairmaster and I managed to nab a Treadmill.... I Did It!

In some ways I found it easier on the treadmill and in others harder. The run would have been easier but I pushed myself harder as being able to see your speed and distance is a big motivating factor. I am starting to ache already but I'm quite proud of myself :)

karen.hat (week2 day 1 complete)
Margery Dawe (week3 Day 1 )
ChocolateTrish (week 3, day 1 done)
misspinky8 (week 1 day 0)
Mrsplymdaz (week 1, day 0)
Nymple (Week2, Day 1 Complete)

Started today! Go me!!!!!
Feeling good but not sure when I'll get out for the next one!

Mrsplymdaz (week 1, day 0)
sofartogo! (week 1, day 1 complete)

Last edited:
That didnt work too well! Will sort it wen on computer later! X

Sorted it!
X

Last edited:
Well done Sofartogo! Go You Indeed :D

Started yesterday! Went well, doing at home on the wii fit mind!

Rest day today! How's everyone feeling?

Mrsplymdaz (week 1, day 1 done)

Hi everyone,

I did week 2, day 2 today, i'm repeating a week as i've had some time off due to illness. Felt like i had a good run today though and it wasn't as much of a struggle! I also used the cross trainer and bike so my calves are burning now ;)

Hello :wavey:

Can i join your challenge too? I started doing the C25K four weeks ago, and was almost at week 3 when i got struck down by a chest infection :( I went back to the gym last week and re-did week 2 day 1, and tomorrow i am going to do week 2 day 2, i am hoping to feel confident enough to start week 3 by next monday, but if not i will repeat week 2 for another week!
of course you can chick more the merrier

oops answered tracy twice sorry chick i thought id forgotten to answer you and didnt want you feeling left out
im off out tonight to day week 2 day 2 ive only just eaten and hubby has gone to pick his new phone up so think i'll download imapmy run on his phone and use mine for my ck5 challenge.

oh a quick question for you! im doing ck5 and then moving on to ck10 and theres a difference in the weeks is there much differnece between how the weeks progress in ck25?

oh and i bloody gained this week! number of factors it could be like evening weigh not morning wi, i wore jeans not lightweight trousers (as they are too big) and its my * week boohoo oh well should be on track for a great weigh in next week

oh a quick question for you! im doing ck5 and then moving on to ck10 and theres a difference in the weeks is there much differnece between how the weeks progress in ck25?

oh and i bloody gained this week! number of factors it could be like evening weigh not morning wi, i wore jeans not lightweight trousers (as they are too big) and its my * week boohoo oh well should be on track for a great weigh in next week

Which C210k are you planning to follow? My plan is to build up my distance/time then follow the Cool Runnings 10K Beginners Training Program. It has a pre-training schedule which advises what level you should be at before attempting the training program, you see. Plus it starts building in more training methods that more advanced runners use so I figured it would help me mix it up a bit and progress. However maybe I should jump straight from the end of the 5K to wherever that is on the C210K and use the rest of that to build up my time, as you plan to.

Oh and also I find when I exercise my weight loss slows a little. I could have just been doing the wrong type of exercise, as this is my first week running, however it's very frustrating when you work so hard and it doesn't show on the scales :( That said, I am determined to stick with it as it's a healthier way for the weight to drop and maybe my body will catch up at some point. :D

Mine didnt show on scales either, i think its water retention and well have great lisses next week. If not im going to try a few red days

Karen.hat said:
Mine didnt show on scales either, i think its water retention and well have great lisses next week. If not im going to try a few red days

I reckon I was such a lazy lump before that some of my fat is turning to muscle so whilst I'm noticing inch changes the losses aren't that great but eventually if I keep at it, it'll even out and I'll see better results :D

I was actually looking forward to my run today. Something that I think I have never done before. I wasn't enjoying it a few minutes in as my feet did hurt lots today but I'm still proud of myself. I finished and feel good now. It was also lovely to have the gym almost to myself by going just after 4 :D

Slightly worried about next week... I know I can do it but suspect it will be tough. However I am almost looking forward to it as well, there is something very motivating about feeling stronger and actively being able to see progress everyday.

Mrsplymdaz (week 1, day 1 done)
Nymple (Week 2, Day 2 Complete)

Back