Couch to 5k challenge

Everyone still plodding along out there?

I really didn't want to do my run today. I knew it'd hurt more as am at Rich's (bf) and therefore was running in the local park. More impact and :cry: HILLS! I didn't want to let myself or indeed any of you ladies down. Plus I'd had a fantastically unsuccessful day clothes shopping for a wedding next weekend and was this | | close to crying. I knew I'd be really upset and annoyed with myself if I didn't go and in the long run it would make my mope worse.

So we arrived back after shopping and I immediately got changed and went out. I got into a bit of a rhythm and it wasn't too bad. It was no where near as much as a struggle as last time I ran here. I ache a little now but I feel all pleased with myself and my dinner felt like a real treat (Home Made Sloppy Steak Fajita mixture in 2 HEb Asda Wholewheat Pitta, with Salad and cheese) as I'd been saving my HEs all day for it.

So in short, it was worth it. Week 3, here I come! May I not struggle horrendously ;)

I have being doing C25K to train for the Race for Life, never ran before !

I changed my podcast to one I could use with my own music, it was much more motivating for me :)

karen.hat (week2 day 1 complete)
Margery Dawe (week3 Day 1 )
ChocolateTrish (week 3, day 1 done)
misspinky8 (week 1 day 0)
Mrsplymdaz (week 1, day 1 done)
Nymple (Week 2, Day 2 Complete)
sofartogo! (week 1, day 1 complete)
millie09 (Week 4/Day 1 complete)

Good luck everyone!

Hi
Please could you add me to the list i started C25K tonight in preperation for Race for Life i have said every year im going to do it and never have this year i AM going to do it. I started week 1 day 1, will be running again on Tuesday as my legs are absolutley killing me lol i have WI tomorrow night and at the mo i dont think i am going to lose this week as feel really fat and bloated even though i havent been naughty will have to wait till tomorrow and see hoping the running boosts my losses though.

I've added you Vicki (and updated myself from Saturday :D )

karen.hat (week2 day 1 complete)
Nymple (Week 2, Day 3 Complete)
millie09 (Week 4, Day 1 complete)
Vicki-26 (Week 1, Day 1 Complete)

Hi Girls

I can finally get back into it as I am more or less recovered from my cold. I haven't had a humdinger like that for a long time :( I'm going to repeat Week 3 day 2 as I haven't been out for a week. I'll be out pounding the streets tomorrow ... I'll let you know how I get on.

Keep going xxxx

karen.hat (week2 day 3 complete)
Nymple (Week 2, Day 3 Complete)
millie09 (Week 4, Day 1 complete)
Vicki-26 (Week 1, Day 1 Complete)[/QUOTE]

Hi all

I've been really bad and haven't run since last week... shame on me! Am planning to go tomorrow after work though, i am still on week 2 for the third week because i've been so lazy! I'm determined to move on to week 3 next week though.

Good luck everyone!

Good to see you back on your feet Margery :D

Today I did Week 3, Day 1... It's becoming my catchphrase but... I struggled but I did it. :D

I am waiting until the day I run and actually enjoy it lol!

Erm, me too. I was telling my friend that eventually I'd love to run a marathon if I can get into it... baring in mind I'm struggling to jog 3 minutes right now... One of the big bosses overheard and now has given me a load of marathon training books :eek:

Feel I should keep my "think big" thoughts to myself in future and just focus on the Couch to 5K :rolleyes: However I now cannot give up or I'll have to admit failure to one of the big wigs. I also feel I need to hurry up and start enjoying it, Soon!

Ok week 1 run 2 complete for me :)

Had to drag myself round it though coz my legs are still agony from Sunday but I did it yay :)

Well done to you all- you are doing so well!
I'm still on Week 1 day 1! Mainly because I need to have someone with me as I refuse to run in the day time and my running partner is a little unreliable!
I do have a new Zumba partner though so started that yesterday and will be going back tomorrow! It is FAB I love it!!
Will get into the running again as soon as I can bully someone into coming with me!!
Keep up the good work everyone!
Vx

Just back from the gym after doing week 2 day 2 for the third week! lol I am determined to move onto week 3 next week, i just need to push myself!

Good luck everyone :)

Hi ladies

Just curious to know what week 2 holds how many minutes running how many walking and how many runs x

Hi ladies

Just curious to know what week 2 holds how many minutes running how many walking and how many runs x

Hi!

I am an expert on week 2, i've been doing it for 3 weeks lol :eek: It's six runs of 90 seconds with 2 minute walks in between runs and a 5 minute warm up walk at the beginning and end.

Week 3, Day 2 completed this morning! Got up at 6 to go to the gym :eek: I think I need to stretch more before running as it's my feet and the back of my legs just above my ankle that hurt.

I was speaking to a colleague who is training for a marathon yesterday. She started on the c25k and at the weekend she ran 13 miles! She was so enthusiastic it really gave me motivation :D

Well done guys.

I did Week 4 day 2 today. I thought the five minute runs would feel easier, but they didn't lol!

Back