ChocolateTrish (week 3, day 1 done)
misspinky8 (week 1 day 0)
Mrsplymdaz (week 1, day 1 done)
Nymple (Week 4, Day 1 Complete)
sofartogo! (Week 1, day 3 Complete)
millie09 (Week 5, Day 1 Complete)
Vicki-26 (Week 2, Day 1 Complete)
cjnvgn (Week 4, Day 3 Complete)

Did week 5, day 1 yesterday - 8 mins didn't seem to bad, but day 2 is a 20 min run no stopping!!!!! OMG help me on Wednesday.

Nymple said:
Sofartogo! - You are doing well, you'll be at Week 4 before you know it! ;) How was Zumba?

karen.hat (week2 day 3 complete)
Margery Dawe (week3 Day 1 )
millie09 (Week 4, Day 3 Complete)

It is fab. Really feels like a good workout. Am feeling happier about running too but not as much fun!!! x

Did week 5, day 1 yesterday - 8 mins didn't seem to bad, but day 2 is a 20 min run no stopping!!!!! OMG help me on Wednesday.

Don't Panic! You can do it! My Colleague who is training for the marathon said to me yesterday when I was complaining about the scary 5 minute runs (haha :) ) "Pain is Temporary, Quitting is forever!"

Just don't stop :D

mandy296 - Check You out! You are doing so fantastically! Which was your most challenging week so far? Keep it up, lady... you are giving me plenty of inspiration to keep at it. I mean, you even did extra this week! Haha, seriously though, have you got to the point where you enjoy it/feel wrong if you miss a run?

Thanks Nymple.

I think the most daunting one is the first time you do 20 mins, it seems such a jump compared to the other ones. As its one of the weeks when you do a mix of different runs each day, I approached it thinking "well I'll run the 8 mins and see how I feel" - but managed to do it anyway. Cant say I necessarily enjoy the running while I'm doing it - but there is quite a buzz when you've finished.

And I'm exploring so much more of my local area as well - I'm using this website Track Your Running, Measure Your Fitness, and Improve Your Training | RunKeeper and plotting my routes and just running around bits of my city that I've never seen before. I get bored easily so like to try new routes - problem with that though is that I dont always take into account where hills might be!

ps -who's in charge of the list - I'm not on it?

cjnvgn (Week 5, Day 1 Complete)

Just completed Week 5, Day 1. Had an extra rest day yesterday, but was frustrated I couldn't run! Who'd have thought I'd WANT to run?!

Karen.hat (week2 day 3 complete)

Thank you Nymple, first 20 min run tomorrow !

Week 2 Day 1 completed for me! ;)

Karen.hat (week2 day 3 complete)
sofartogo! (Week 2, day 1 Complete)

Halfway through week 4 for me today. Still a struggle but I'm feeling stronger!

Mandy - you just add yourself to the bottom of the list and update it from the most recently posted list as you go along :)

Millie - Wowie you are doing well, I keep eyeing up that 20 minute run and am trying not to stress about it. Sure you'll manage fine but good luck and let us know how you do :)

Karen.hat (week 2 day 3 complete)
Margery Dawe (week 3 Day 1 )
Nymple (Week 4, Day 2 Complete)

Thanks Nymple, I was being a bit dumb there.

I've nothing to update yet, so I shall just add myself to the list where I am now - I'm struggling to fit in running with the other exercise I do, I went to the gym Monday, yesterday I had a Zumba class then my SW group in the evening and today I'm trying the gym at work, so dont want to do to much in a day. Tomorrow I will probably go to my regular gym -I'm probably going to ditch that soon as I can use my works gym more cheaply, but having paid for March I should still use it til it runs out.

So probably wont be starting week 8 til Friday

mandy296 (Week 7, Day 3 Complete)

I've just completed Week 1 Run 3, really enjoyed it and walked 20 extra minutes at the end as well.

How much harder did everyone find Week 2? X

mandy296 said:
Thanks Nymple, I was being a bit dumb there.

I've nothing to update yet, so I shall just add myself to the list where I am now - I'm struggling to fit in running with the other exercise I do, I went to the gym Monday, yesterday I had a Zumba class then my SW group in the evening and today I'm trying the gym at work, so dont want to do to much in a day. Tomorrow I will probably go to my regular gym -I'm probably going to ditch that soon as I can use my works gym more cheaply, but having paid for March I should still use it til it runs out.

So probably wont be starting week 8 til Friday

Vicki-26 (Week 2, Day 2 Complete)

Just updated me week 2 day 2 complete :)

Well done Nymple! You are doing great. I did the 20 min run today and it was fine! I never thought I would manage it, I was really surprised.

millie09 (Week 5, Day 3 Complete)

Last edited:
Well, Week 5, Run 2 complete without any real difficulty. I love this!

cjnvgn (Week 5, Day 2 Complete)

Well hopefully it will be week 2 run 3 for me tonight should have been yesterday but weather was terrible hoping the rain stays away today x

I did Week 2 Run 1 this morning, I was contemplating re doing week 1 but I'm pleased I managed to do it ok.. Another plus is that I saw an otter while out, there was me running along and I swear it made me go faster as I wanted to see it but it dived in the canal as I got closer.

Did Week 5, Day 3 - it felt fantastic! The sense of achievement (and disbelief) is so worth the effort!

cjnvgn (Week 5, Day 3 Complete)

Did Week 5, Day 3 - it felt fantastic! The sense of achievement (and disbelief) is so worth the effort!

Well done Cjnvgn and Mill09 for both managing your first 20 minute runs with seemingly very little fuss! Haha you are both doing fantastic and keeping me motivated.

Today I managed Week 4, day 3 but barely. I probably should have stopped in the last two minutes as I started to limp as I was in such agony but I was determined... and now, I ache like crazy!

It's all my own fault. I stopped doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred to focus on my running as although I could see massive changes in my body, I wasn't getting good weight losses. So after feeling strong following my Week 4, day 2 run I thought I should try and reincorporate Jillian WITH the running. Whilst in the long run this is a good idea, I should have maybe waited till the weekend when I have 2 rest days to re-start it as that lady seriously kicks my butt. This morning, after day 1 of the shred, I failed to get up early like I normally do to run, I was feeling so tired and a tiny bit achy. So... I went after work. OUCH! I'm taking tonight off from Jillian but am going to try and work her in over the weekend with her DVD and maybe a gym workout from a book of hers I have. Hopefully then my body will recover from the stress and I can keep up both on Monday (My next run day)... We will see...

It's totally my own fault though that it was such a struggle. I've been watching the biggest loser and that show may be cheesy and a bit ridiculous but it totally motivates me to push myself. I just need to be a bit smarter with the ways I do that.

Anyway I'll quit rabbiting on now...

Nymple (Week 4, Day 3 Complete)

Nymple said:
Well done Cjnvgn and Mill09 for both managing your first 20 minute runs with seemingly very little fuss! Haha you are both doing fantastic and keeping me motivated.

Today I managed Week 4, day 3 but barely. I probably should have stopped in the last two minutes as I started to limp as I was in such agony but I was determined... and now, I ache like crazy!

It's all my own fault. I stopped doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred to focus on my running as although I could see massive changes in my body, I wasn't getting good weight losses. So after feeling strong following my Week 4, day 2 run I thought I should try and reincorporate Jillian WITH the running. Whilst in the long run this is a good idea, I should have maybe waited till the weekend when I have 2 rest days to re-start it as that lady seriously kicks my butt. This morning, after day 1 of the shred, I failed to get up early like I normally do to run, I was feeling so tired and a tiny bit achy. So... I went after work. OUCH! I'm taking tonight off from Jillian but am going to try and work her in over the weekend with her DVD and maybe a gym workout from a book of hers I have. Hopefully then my body will recover from the stress and I can keep up both on Monday (My next run day)... We will see...

It's totally my own fault though that it was such a struggle. I've been watching the biggest loser and that show may be cheesy and a bit ridiculous but it totally motivates me to push myself. I just need to be a bit smarter with the ways I do that.

Anyway I'll quit rabbiting on now...

Nymple (Week 4, Day 3 Complete)
Vicki-26 (Week 2, Day 3 Complete)

Completed week 2 day 3 today :)
Went to the gym and did my run coz of the weather didn't enjoy it as much though I prefer the run outside :)

Has anyone done a day early when using the app?

I am not supposed to start week 3 till Monday now coz on my 2 day rest but I carnt do Monday because of slimming world and I actually missed a day this week due to bad weather so have already technically had a 2 day rest if I start week 3 tomorrow will my app just reset itself to Sundays date. Hope that all made sense lol :)

I think I'm starting to enjoy this running business!!

Back