Couch to 5k challenge

Ok. Well I have a Blackberry so maybe I will have a look at their apps but to be honest they are not as exciting as Iphone's :(.

I do my runs on the treadmill so that's how I know my pace. I know it's not important, but I guess that depends on the person. For me it adds to the challenge and it increases the intensity of the workout. I like a challenge so increasing the pace definately challenges me!!! :)

Well did my first 5k run the other day the great south run 5k was brilliant did it in 39.33 :-D got my medal an aused over £100 for charity :-D so I'd say iv now completed c25k :) am of to b210k :) is there a thread for that on here? Xx

Well did my first 5k run the other day the great south run 5k was brilliant did it in 39.33 :-D got my medal an aused over £100 for charity :-D so I'd say iv now completed c25k :) am of to b210k :) is there a thread for that on here? Xx

Well done!! That's excellent!! I know there are people on here doing it, not sure about a thread for it though?? Have a search for one, it's prob there somewhere :)

Congrats Jude88. :)
Good luck with the 10k!! X

I'm trying to motivate my backside to go out into the cold, frosty morning and make my way to the gym for w5d1. It's days like today that makes me glad I don't run outside :)

Just completed week 5 day 1. Happy now :)

I'm trying to motivate my backside to go out into the cold, frosty morning and make my way to the gym for w5d1. It's days like today that makes me glad I don't run outside :)

I know exactly what you mean. I'm thinking of joining a gym just for the 4 months coz I know running outside is not going to be easy. The other day I went out and my feet were cold so now I realise there are quite a number of things I need to invest in like running socks, gloves, head sock etc. I have a running tights, top and jacket already so I am well prepared but I think it's not enough so the gym might be winning here lol. Anyway good luck with week 5.:D

Maggie_Sak said:
I know exactly what you mean. I'm thinking of joining a gym just for the 4 months coz I know running outside is not going to be easy. The other day I went out and my feet were cold so now I realise there are quite a number of things I need to invest in like running socks, gloves, head sock etc. I have a running tights, top and jacket already so I am well prepared but I think it's not enough so the gym might be winning here lol. Anyway good luck with week 5.:D

If you are going to run on a treadmill instead, make sure you set it on a slight incline as otherwise it's too flat :)

http://www.minimins.com/slimming-world-weight-loss-diary/187905-jos-journey-infinity-beyond.html

Just to give an update guys, after a whole month of being really ill and then trying to get back to C25k, I finally managed to do a whole 20min without stopping at all. I am so happy that I get to move on to week 6. Thanks for the support xx.

Yay maggiesak!!! Such an achievement. Well done to you!!! :)

Thank you for this thread. I've been looking for some sort of programme to follow and the iPhone app is great. I will be starting the Couch to 5k in the next couple of days. Eeek!

Thank you for this thread. I've been looking for some sort of programme to follow and the iPhone app is great. I will be starting the Couch to 5k in the next couple of days. Eeek!

Welcome hun, hope you have fun doing the challenge. :D

Week 6 Day 1 done today and will be repeated tomorrow and then day 2 will be on Tuesday. :D.

Now I know why they advise you to take a day off in between running. I stupidly went out running and I have just come back and already I am paying for it. I may have a muscle or two. Hopefully will be ok by the next run and this time it will be every other day. Hope you are all keeping up with the running. Good luck for this week.

Where is everyone gone? Surely I'm not the only one still doing C25K? Anyway a progress report, finally managed to do week 6 day 3 so I am moving on to week 7. Only problem is I am having to deal with a shin splint :(.

Back