Couch to 5k?

my week 5 day 1 was 5min run 3min walk x 3, did that last night, not so bad great sense of achievement! dunno what day 2 is, not sure if I like having a different run every day x

I'm repeating week 4 again so did wk4 d1 again today.

Walked at 5 and ran at 8 (was 5.5 and 8.5) and it seemed much more manageable so maybe that's the way forward?!

Well done everyone thats managed to move onto week 5 xx

Done week 3 Run 2 tonight :)

I'm repeating week 4 again so did wk4 d1 again today.

Walked at 5 and ran at 8 (was 5.5 and 8.5) and it seemed much more manageable so maybe that's the way forward?!

Well done everyone thats managed to move onto week 5 xx

I am on week five day 2 and for the first time i ran at 8 for the last run. Was made up.
In the past i have run at around 7.4 to 7.7. Maybe you are right, try a bit of a slower pace and see how you feel.

Good luck

Hi, Can I join please?
I'm due to do week 4 day 3 tomorrow, I'm really enjoying it and love to see how much I improve from run to run! I run on a treadmill at home and use the get running app on my ipod. Intresting to hear a few of you say your weight losses slowed or stopped as the same thing happened to me. In my first week after starting c25k I put on 0.5lb, the next week I sts, then finally on Tuesdays weigh in I lost 2lb:). Its just water retention in your muscles,it will go, keep with it!!
I want a heart rate monitor to check I'm working hard enough to be burning fat!
Oh and a slower pace and being able to see it through is far better than running top speed and burning out, my brother is very into fitness (has degrees) and he told me he see's so many injuries due to people trying to go too fast too soon. I do my walks at 5.5-5.8 and my runs between 6.5 and 7.5 (usually do the last run at 7.5 as a last push kinda thing) X

Have done W5D3 not too bad but I have done all my runs on the treadmill this week, I usually do at least one outside. But it has been soooo cold :gen125:
Anyway bring on week 6 and i might try to run outside this week.

helenlee2307 said:
Have done W5D3 not too bad but I have done all my runs on the treadmill this week, I usually do at least one outside. But it has been soooo cold :gen125:
Anyway bring on week 6 and i might try to run outside this week.

Amazing!

Well done!

Can I ask what speed When you're on the treadmill? I've never done any running outside, maybe I should try?!

I DID IT! that 20 min run for wk 5 day 3 wan't that bad tbh, please I did it, was trying to put it off lol. Did it outside, a bit cold but was fine once I got going, its just at the end when you do your cool down walk the thighs get a bit nippy.

Bring on week 6! I'm well motivated now, so pleased I'm doing this and so pleased to have this forum for support, we're all doing AMAZING!!!! xxx

kerryathome said:
I DID IT! that 20 min run for wk 5 day 3 wan't that bad tbh, please I did it, was trying to put it off lol. Did it outside, a bit cold but was fine once I got going, its just at the end when you do your cool down walk the thighs get a bit nippy.

Bring on week 6! I'm well motivated now, so pleased I'm doing this and so pleased to have this forum for support, we're all doing AMAZING!!!! xxx

Wow another one!! Well done lovely xx

aw Emsie, hope you feel better soon xx

Thanks Mrs S, I think we're all doing amazingly, I never ever thought I'd be able to run for 20 whole minutes!!

Amazing!

Well done!

Can I ask what speed When you're on the treadmill? I've never done any running outside, maybe I should try?!

i started out running at about 7.2 and stayed at that for ages. Gradually worked the speed up. Now I can comfortably run above 8 but that has only been in the past week or so. How is you running going? is it better going at a slower pace?

I'm starting this on Tuesday now that I feel I have at least a tiny bit of my fitness back after 2 1/2 years away from the gym.

I used to run quite a bit a few years ago, built up to doing 3-5 miles a day which was massive for me as I never thought I was a runner. Sadly I ended tearing the ligaments in my ankle after getting my foot stuck in a rabbit hole on what was, up until that point, my best run :cry: by the time I had got the all clear from the doc to run again I'd lost my fitness and was too demotivated to work myself up again. Until now...

W6D1 done not too bad. The man now tells me I need to leave an hour for week 7 ......:eek:

Good luck vivahate watch out for those rabbit holes!!!!

Back