Couch to 5k

Second day of week 3 today. Bit easier although it poured and the wind and rain was driving into my face!! So it was wet! First three minute run was great, second not so great!! X

Well done on going out in the bad weather, I'm afraid I'm a wuss when it comes to running in the rain, don't mind a shower but if it's already raining then it's a no no

Week 3 complete. May be naughty and do
Week 4 day 1 tomorrow as I have no time this week- friend visiting from London! X

Did week 4 day 1 today. Going to be hit with the doms tomorrow!! Thought the podcast was on the wrong pace though (it wasn't) so I did the whole first three minute run twice! So did 3x 3 min and 2x 5 mins!! Wednesday is next one for me!! X

I haven't lost a single ounce on this. I'm actually weighing heavier at times but blaming my scale being temperamental. Don't know if I'm kidding myself. I know my thighs are 2 cm down and so are my arms. And my bum is down a cm but outwith that I thought I'd lose a bit. Going to weigh in at work tomorrow after 3 pp x

I never noticed a significant drop in weight when I started it and like you my weight actually went up at times, but don't be disheartened, think about how much fitter and toned you will be. Running is a great weight maintainer and I now eat pretty much anything without gaining

Another day of week 4 and I sprinted the last minute :) had to run the entire thing holding my trousers up cause my trousers are huge!!

Fastest maximum speed, fastest average speed and furthest distance covered!! Yay!!!

Hey great, congratulations!! Get those trousers fixed though :D !!

Me, I'm plodding on at my average speed, slowly getting myself back into 3x5k+ per week. Amazing how much that week off did to me! Lovely run on Monday, I managed to catch the sunshine though the path I chose was still so muddy/full of huge puddles that I was forced to walk more than I would have liked...

To make it worse I couldn't have relied on underwear to preserve modesty as they're too big too so I resorted to a wonky one armed running style so I could cling on with the other!! I shall invest in a new pair....or safety pins!! Last run of the week planned for friday (I have a friend visiting from London over the weekend :D) but I have stuff to do on Friday before she gets here so it may be an early morning Saturday one instead and my first road run to save time! Want to keep on track to do race for life mid June! X

Ooh thanks I shall download! Lessons so far: pants that fit and trousers that fit!! Streaking is not part of the plan! X

i have gok wans how to look good naked book , it is fantastic for dressing for your shape, especially the bit on how to buy the proper size bra. i never had a comfortable underwired bra till i got that book

So after a week gap due to a friend visiting I did the third run of week 4 today. I felt quite good and pushed myself far too hard and now I feel like I'm going to spew :( I think I should move on to week 5 nex but I disnt complete week 4 within a week. What do you guys think??

Week 5 run 1 today. Slower than normal but after about 15 hours of pilates in three days I feel excused :) 8 mins will be longer than I ever imagined I'd run so looking forward to Wednesday :)

Very tight schedule now to make it to week 9 before the 5k!! I have to run every second day so please nag!! X

I completed c25k two summers ago and now run regularily, it really is a great program to get you started. I remember being fit at the time and was totally shocked at how hard I found it to run even for 1 minute, it didn't make sense haha
Now I can run for an hour non stop without a second thought :)

Good luck to all who are doing it!

Week 5 day 2 :)

I RAN FOR EIGHT CONTINUOUS MINUTES!!!!!!

Majorly slow and only about a km in each run so I'm way off a 5k in 30mins pace but there's no way I'd have run that 5 weeks ago-the 1 minute runs killed me then! X

Ps toria an hour is amazing! I was chuffed at running to the shops!

Back