Couch to 5k

I just started this last week, im amazed at how much i've progressed in a week, the first night i couldn't even make the 60 secs jogging but now i can and feel ready to start week 2, considering im so unfit and haven't run since school 12 years ago i don't think im doing too bad although i can't wait until i can go out and run the whole 5k xx

It will be amazing how much progress you make! Keep at it!

Hoping to start this on Monday.Have the first week ready to go with my own choice of songs just need to add it to my ipod. The only thing letting me down at the moment is a sports bra very hard to find them in a bigger size at a good price. Not sure if running while holding my boobs is the way to go :eek:

*joanne* said:
Hoping to start this on Monday.Have the first week ready to go with my own choice of songs just need to add it to my ipod. The only thing letting me down at the moment is a sports bra very hard to find them in a bigger size at a good price. Not sure if running while holding my boobs is the way to go :eek:

Ha ha to boob holding running x

Struggled tonight with w7 r1 had to stop for a mini breather but if I don't feel happy I'll rerun this week, to all the new starters keep it up, it's not always easy but it is achievable

Im quite big chested (38g) and use the belvia bras in large and put 2 of them on for extra support

I do have a bra like that but still get to much bounce I have tried 2 but still the same. Mine are around (36J) thinking I might try taping them down wish I could go back to (36c) lol.

I've been doing the C25K iPhone app, and I'm starting to enjoy it! Into week 4 now, and looking back at my first run (where I struggled to jog for 60 secs) I am amazed at my progress. Have had to have a couple of days off because of my knees, but hoping to get back into it soon! I feel so much accomplishment at the end of a run, way more than I have with the gym or any exercise classes.

It definitely feels like a tangible achievment!

I ran Week 7 Run 1 yesterday. I found it really tiring- one of my tougher runs but I made it through. Must say, enjoying my rest day today, however :D

i've gone back to wk 7 day 1 this morning as i'd not done anything for 2 weeks after getting to w8r2. was rather anxious about it but it was fine. my legs have ached and ached all week and they feel fine now. i think they were trying to tell me something!

i'm also blessed of breast (cursed, more like) 38GG and i have a freya active underwired sports bra. a worthy investment, does a wonderful job and i dont even think about the boobs when i run. their early appearance was a sizeable influence on me quitting all exercise as a teenager and then i got fat! if only someone had told me about sports bras then! i'm going to start a campaign to make them part of PE kit i think, and to abolish knicker shorts if they still exist.

Week 7 DONE. The second run sucked, the third one felt awesome. Definitely just a case of your body getting used to it, I think! Great :D

Week 7 DONE. The second run sucked, the third one felt awesome. Definitely just a case of your body getting used to it, I think! Great :D

Fantastic, well done faery_lights.

i've gone back to wk 7 day 1 this morning as i'd not done anything for 2 weeks after getting to w8r2. was rather anxious about it but it was fine. my legs have ached and ached all week and they feel fine now. i think they were trying to tell me something!

i'm also blessed of breast (cursed, more like) 38GG and i have a freya active underwired sports bra. a worthy investment, does a wonderful job and i dont even think about the boobs when i run. their early appearance was a sizeable influence on me quitting all exercise as a teenager and then i got fat! if only someone had told me about sports bras then! i'm going to start a campaign to make them part of PE kit i think, and to abolish knicker shorts if they still exist.

Ooh, I didn't know you could get underwired sports bras. I've been wearing two sports bras to stop the wobble, but thinking the wires might help.

Eww, gym knickers are just so gross. I forgot my kit once and had to wear a pair from the cupboard. PE teachers are evil.

Sorry if its been brought up before, but what do you guys think about using the treadmill now and again?

It's so hot and humid at the moment, and its really putting me off going for a run. My local gym is nicely air conditioned, and I'm tempted to do the next couple of weeks on the treadmill, as even walking in this sticky weather seems like a supreme effort!

Trouble is, I find the treadmill much easier than running round the park. I can do 5/6 mins of jogging round the park, but on the treadmill I can slow jog for nearly 15 mins on a 1% gradient. I also don't get dodgy knees or a bad back. Am I getting myself in bad habits? I'm worried that when I do go back on the bumpy ground, I won't be able to manage!

I'm thinking the same thing, it's so hot I know I'd feel a failure that's why I've not run yet this week, don't want to stop so yes go for the treadmill,it's keeping you fit so you can't be doing any harm, I'm thinking it's better to do that than none at all.

kittyblue said:
Sorry if its been brought up before, but what do you guys think about using the treadmill now and again?

It's so hot and humid at the moment, and its really putting me off going for a run. My local gym is nicely air conditioned, and I'm tempted to do the next couple of weeks on the treadmill, as even walking in this sticky weather seems like a supreme effort!

Trouble is, I find the treadmill much easier than running round the park. I can do 5/6 mins of jogging round the park, but on the treadmill I can slow jog for nearly 15 mins on a 1% gradient. I also don't get dodgy knees or a bad back. Am I getting myself in bad habits? I'm worried that when I do go back on the bumpy ground, I won't be able to manage!

A treadmill is low impact, it's recommended for those with back aches / pains as its consistently a flat surface. If you can run for longer on a treadmill surely that's good?

I agree the treadmill is certainly better than nothing! I guess I'll just take a couple of weeks on the treadmill, then build up my fitness again on grass when the weather is cooler.

Is anyone entered in any 5K races? I am thinking having a fundraising target would really help to motivate me. Plus, if I know something is coming up I'd HAVE to train!

Week 8 complete! Starting Week 9 on Saturday- ordering running shoes. I am going to start again from the beginning but move from the elliptical to outside. Already excited :D

Yay... Managed to complete W3 R1 :D
So proud of myself. Wanted to give up, when I realised I was expected to run for 3mins.
Can't believe I did it. Haven't ran for that long since sports day at school (more than 20 years ago!!)

Well done everyone, doing great x

Uh oh, motivation is GONE. Its been terrible weather, I've had serious family drama and I haven't run for days. :(

Seriously back on the program next week. I really miss how good running made me feel. Plus I have a wedding to go to in 8 weeks, which means wearing a dress, so my legs need to look good!

Back