Couch to 5K

I've given up on couch to 5k and I'm going to concentrate on the park run.

I did my second park run this morning and had a 20sec walk after approx 3km and then carried on to the end.

29mins 04secs today :)

2 weeks ago I followed the 33min marker in the hope to finish under 35mins after I had managed to complete most of it. Today was different as they had no markers and I didn't really know if I should follow and be comfortable or push a bit more. I guess this helped me get a quicker time. Stupidly I went for a quicker finish far too early and almost had a fit 2 bends from the end! Absolutely shattered at the end!

Third park run completed and this time I managed the full distance without stopping :D

I got really held up at the start so next time I may have to start closer to the front to save myself from catching up rather than standing at the back worrying I'll get in everyone's way!

1555161423409.png

Good work on the park runs @Bert. You are already there so no need for the couch to 5k for you.
I am plodding away at it. I am due to do Week 6 Run 2 today but the weather is dreadful do I am hoping it will improve long enough for me to get out.
How are you doing @Sammie88?

Took a little break while I recover from a cold/flu virus
Been going for long walks instead

Hope your run was good today

Week 6 Run 2 completed yesterday. I have started this a few times and never got close to this stage but this time I know I will finish it. I am away until very early on Friday morning so there will be no more runs until the weekend, but that is ok. I will pick it up again from there.
The long walks will really help you @Sammie88 if you decide to go for it again. I think that is what made the difference for me this time. I was regularly doing 6 or 7km brisk walks. And my "running" isn't much faster than my walking :classic_big_grin:

Week 6 Run 2 completed yesterday. I have started this a few times and never got close to this stage but this time I know I will finish it. I am away until very early on Friday morning so there will be no more runs until the weekend, but that is ok. I will pick it up again from there.
The long walks will really help you @Sammie88 if you decide to go for it again. I think that is what made the difference for me this time. I was regularly doing 6 or 7km brisk walks. And my "running" isn't much faster than my walking :classic_big_grin:

I know what you mean with the walking and running!

The past couple of times doing park run after around 1 lap of the 2 we do I have passed a bloke who is about 70 doing power walking so my running is just a bit quicker than a 70yr old walking :rotflmao:

Hi @Failedatdietsfor15years!
Have you done your first run yet? Let us know how you go?
I have finished week 6. I had to repeat the last run as I couldn't finish it the first time. I think I will have to repeat quite a bit form here on but I am happy to do that if it means I will eventually finish it.

Hi @Failedatdietsfor15years!
Have you done your first run yet? Let us know how you go?
I have finished week 6. I had to repeat the last run as I couldn't finish it the first time. I think I will have to repeat quite a bit form here on but I am happy to do that if it means I will eventually finish it.

well done for getting to week 6 - I seem to be struggling to get to week 1 run 1 :rolleyes: and I really do want to start it. The longer runs feel daunting, but when I did this programme a couple of years ago, once I got past the first minute or two, I got into my stride and managed them fine. I think I had to learn to trust the programme. Let me know if you finish it, and what your plans are then . . . do you think you'll progress to parkruns? (I want to, but they are a bit scary when I do the programme in the gym on the treadmill!!)

I restarted c25k a month ago (I've done it previously and got up to running 10k regularly. Stopped because, life. And started back up again. Just completed week 4 Run 1. We have moved recently and Oh boy do I regret buying a place near so many hills!

Back