Could I be in Ketosis already?

PrincessSpark1e

I had a normal dinner on Thursday evening, before 6 then went to CDC straight after. Since then I've been on the soups and shakes, first one on Friday morning (was starving!) last night I was really hungry then woke up this morning feeling very unwell, shakes, weakness etc.

But now I feel fine, not hungry at all and not at all weak. I was expecting to go into Ketosis on the 3rd or 4th day, is there any chance I've been lucky enough for it to start already?!

Yes, there's a good chance you are. Basically, your glycogen stocks hold around 2,000 calories' worth of energy, so once you've burnt that off (and not replenished the stock by eating lots of carbs) your body shifts into fat burning mode - ketosis.

If you were already dieting before starting Cambridge and had restricted your intake of carbs even a little bit, then your glycogen stocks would be less full anyway, giving you a head start. And if you've been fairly active over the last couple of days, you'd burn those glycogen calories off quicker.

Welcome to bad breath, being cold, and feeling less hungry!

Lily thank you so much for the reply! I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I'm in ketosis, will update tomorrow/Monday :D

Sounds like you are to me :) well done

I tried a Ketostick thingy (my CDC gave me three for free!) and there is definite pinkness this morning so wooot to being in Ketosis, long may it last :)

I also weighed myself this morning, I've lost 8lbs since Thursday evening, sure it's mainly water but still given me a huge boost :wee:

Brilliant news! :clap:

And you'll stay in ketosis so long as you keep to the plan, 100%, so no need to keep checking. Please don't feel you need to buy ketostix - you really don't need them. Staying in ketosis isn't the important thing. Staying on plan is!

Hope you have a great Sunday. Sun's shining here - hope it is where you are!

Back