could someone please look at my food diary!! am strugglin 2 shed the weight!! thank u

sugar plum fairy

Hi guys, someone suggested i post my food diary to see if i am doin this right as i am strugglin to shed the weight!!
hope u dont mind checkin through it for me, any advice would be greatly appreciated, i def think i need more variety but its hard sometimes to think of things i like lol

WED(EE)
breakfast = 2 weetabix (heb) & skim milk (hea) 1 whole grapefruit
lunch = chicken, tuna, pasta, lettuce, onion, tomatoes, xl mayo(1 syn)
tea = beef, potatoes, cauliflower, peas, broccoli, gravy (2.5 syns)
snacks = strawberries, apple, melon, quark, choc hilight drink(2 syns)

THURS(EE)
breakfast = 2 weetabix (heb) & skim milk (hea) 1 whole grapefruit
lunch = jacket potato & beans (thurs lunch is always eaten out so i opt for the safest option)
tea = chicken, tuna, potatoes, lettuce, onion, tomatoes, xl mayo (2.5 syns)
snacks = strawberries, melon, apple, quark, choc hilight drink(2 syns)

FRI(EE)
B= 2 weetabix(heb) skim milk(hea) 1 whole grapefruit
L= bacon, asda reduced fat sausages(2 syns) beans
T= sw chips, extra lean mince (made into burgers) garli, chilli, lettuce, onion, tomato, tom sauce(1 syn)
snacks= quark, strawberries, melon, apple, choc hilight drink(2 syns)

SAT(EE)
L= ??
T= chicken, passata, diet coke, sw chips, lettuce, onion, tomato
snacks= strawberries, melon, apple, quark, choc hilights drink(2 syns)

SUN(EE)
L= bacon, eggs, beans, potato, asda reduced fat sausages(2 syns)
T= ??
snacks = strawberries, melon, apple, quark, choc hilight drink(2 syns)

MON(EE)
L= chicken, lettuce, onion, tomato, tuna, potato
T= ??
snacks= strawberries, melon, apple, choc hilight drink(2 syns)

TUE(green day)
L= 2 wholemeal toast(heb) eggs, beans
T= pasta, passata, garlic, lettuce, onion, tomato, cheese(hea)
snacks= strawberries, melon, apple, hilight choc drink(2 syns)

i hope i am doing this right lol i do measure the milk but off the top of my head cant remember the amount

thanks for lookin everyone.

Lisa xx

skimmed is 350 mls for a healthy extra a. 250 for semi skimmed.

All i can say hon, is that i'd have my syns between 6-12 if i were you, and i'd start eating cereal bars or cereal with yog to free up my HEA's as i think your limiting yourself on your meals and seem to be eating pretty much the same foods but in different forms (i wont lie, if you look at mine im the same most weeks, but dont have lots to lose anyways now) your basic foods are fruit and veg, chicken, tuna, pasta, and potatoe.

xxx

thanks 4 the suggestions,
i do add to my foods/syns as the days pass, this is just a rough plan so far for the week, i have ordered the new cook book from group the family feast for a fiver i think its called, am def stickin to the same foods and need alot more variety xx

have you thought about doing green/red days as an alternative

yes i have but i know i will end up stickin with the same foods again day in day out, i tried sw a few years ago but wasnt very good with foods then but since doin a drastic diet for my wedding last year i have a totally diff attitude 2wards foods now so i know i can do this but its just keepin up with the diff variety of meals!! xx

why not make the superspeed soup to see if that gives you a boost? the recipe is in the recipe section

What could help is writting out your meals so there is more choice for you and you don't get stuck in the loop of similar food

yes i have but i know i will end up stickin with the same foods again day in day out, i tried sw a few years ago but wasnt very good with foods then but since doin a drastic diet for my wedding last year i have a totally diff attitude 2wards foods now so i know i can do this but its just keepin up with the diff variety of meals!! xx

I have to say sugarplum I am the same as you, an old Sw'er, and I did really well before, and I have had to have a whole new attitude to this, this time round. I decided I had to get a new sense of passion about cooking and I get the SW mags each time they come out and look at different recipes, so that I have a good variety of foods to try, mainly because I dont want to get bored and give up to quickly, but also I do think if we get caught up in the circle of eating too much of one thing, that it doesnt help.

I feel in myself for example that too much pasta and rice just isnt good for me. I love the EE plan but I try to vary what I have with things. For example I did the beef stroganoff this week which is a recipe from the latest mag, and I normally have rice with it, but to change it I did baked potatoes with it this week. Try varying your breakfast a little, maybe have something a bit more substantial like lean bacon and eggs with mushrooms and baked beans. Dont be afraid to eat, some people find little and often much better for their metabolism. Does that make sense?

It is so important to keep your body guessing by changing frequently what you are eating. having the same breakfast day in and day out won't help.A big thing that is missing from your extra easy days is the 1/3 superfree veg with every meal. It stops you filling your plate with other more calorific foods.
Write before you bite i.e write down your food before you actually put anything in your mouth. A study was done recently where someone wrote down everything they ate but the researchers followed her actions with a cctv and she only included. two thirds of her intake !! She actually couldn't believe it because she thought she had been really honest.
good luck and eat those syns xxx

Back