Counsellors

Quite a few times I felt like my CDC was only in it for the money.

I researched the diet VERY well before considering it and wish I'd researched my CDC as well :eek:

She overcharged for everything (£40/week, it was) and was in and out once she'd weighed me and got her money.
I once rang her on a bank holiday for an emergency appointment as I was going to run out of packs and was told 'I don't do weekends or bank holidays, ring me tomorrow'. :eek:

I'm sure there are plenty of lovely CDCs out there (namely the ones on here! :D) but there are some pretty shocking ones! (At least my CDC weighed me!)

x
I was wondering about the cost also! Is the cost set in stone by CD Head Office? I have read so many threads about the different prices charged!

My CDC is Brilliant. Always have a nice old Chat and talk about what went well and what went badly during the week. She tells me all the new information that comes out about the diet and all keeps me informed about new products. She's even talking about when i lose my weight that she will sponsor me to become a CDC so that i can help people the same way she helps me.
It may be because i see my councillor with my mum who is on the diet as well but we are always in there about 15-30 mins just talking about things.
I dont think i would be carrying on with the diet if my CDC wasnt as nice and informed as she is!
I know there probally are a few CDC that are basically doing it for the money, and i can understand that but there are some fantastic councillors who are genuinely here to help us become the beautiful individuals that we truely are!

Sorry for the long post :)

its interesting to hear the wide differences in counsellors, and what we want from them. Mine is ok, my only grip is she openly admits to never having had a weight issue, though she does use tetras as a health suppliment, that and that sometimes her husband will deliver/weigh me instead of her. The biggest plus for me is the flexibility in delivering to me, and the availability of products (plus not over charging). Rightly or wrongly, I don't look to my counsellor for motivation or inspiration- at the mo I feel 100% determined and don't need this support from her. And when I need support, guess where I come!!! HERE!!!

I was wondering about the cost also! Is the cost set in stone by CD Head Office? I have read so many threads about the different prices charged!

Head Office sets an RRP (about £1.60 for shakes/soups and £1.90 for tetras/bars) but CDCs are at liberty to charge what they want.
Most charge the RRP though, which comes to about £35/week.

its interesting to hear the wide differences in counsellors, and what we want from them. Mine is ok, my only grip is she openly admits to never having had a weight issue, though she does use tetras as a health suppliment, that and that sometimes her husband will deliver/weigh me instead of her. The biggest plus for me is the flexibility in delivering to me, and the availability of products (plus not over charging). Rightly or wrongly, I don't look to my counsellor for motivation or inspiration- at the mo I feel 100% determined and don't need this support from her. And when I need support, guess where I come!!! HERE!!!

Hi Scarlett - unless your CDC's husband is a Joint Counsellor with her, this is breaking our Code of Conduct, and nullifying our product liability and personal liability insurances.

And you absolutely should look to her for motivation and inspiration - because no matter how determined you feel at present, one day you will probably need her help.

And that's what you're paying her for.

It's great that you get what you need from this forum, but you're being cheated. And if she's cheating you, she's probably cheating her other clients, who deserve better counselling.

Sorry to be so strict!

I can see why some counsellor want to make money and need to pay bills etc. I think we have to shop around and get the service we want, I know some CDC's offer counselling, NLP and other therapies and these therapies are very valuable in themselves.
I do think though that If a person has realistic expectations of their CDC who also has a life and maybe other commitments (mine works full time away from Her CDC job) but finds her CDC is not fullfilling their role, then a complaint should be made. Otherwise it creates a bad reputation for the diet and the company.
I have seen so many caring acts by CDC's on here I am often touched.. Those of you that do a good job, continue doing it!!!
x

Back