Countdown to Attack !!

Winnie C

I have set the date for the start for this Thurs 12th April 2012 !!
I have mixed feelings - excited / scared / fears of failing :((
I am a complete all / nothing kind of person & hope that the regime of Dukan is the diet that i can give my all !! x
I have about 5 stones to lose so this isn't going to be easy.
I really do want this to be the last diet as i am fed up of yo yoing !!
Last April I was approx 3 stones lighter - but depression set in and the comfort binges started - so here i am !!
I am about to start planning my 6 day attack diet & can't wait to get my spark back !

wish me luck !! !! :0)

The 12th is a very good day to start Dukan Winnie (its my birthday) LOL

No way did I think I could do it but 8 months later and 1lb short of 4 stone Im still loving it............ give Dukan a try you've nothing to lose only 'pounds' and I wish you loads of dukan luck :) looking forward to getting to know you and of course reading your journey

1lb short of 4 stone !! X wow that is AMAZING !
Lovely to meet you :0)

Good luck Winnie, planning is the key. I've been doing it since feb 13th, and like you an all or nothing person. I'm loving it and this forum is so helpful and supportive will read your diary, and your success x

Thank you sididd X X
Start date post poned to Fri 13th ... eeeeeeeeeek !

I have taken Fri off work & have the whole weekend to ease into the Attack plan - I have a back log of all my favourite tv programs & a fridge full of Dukan approved meats !!
From past experience of drastic changes to diet - I have suffered with extreme fatigue & headaches - hoping that Fri, Sat & Sun is enough time to get through the worst !

My little beasty dog will enjoy snuggles whilst I catch up infront of the TV & all the trimmed bits off my meat - :0) Oh & not forgetting the extra walkies too !

Can somebody tell me .............

Is total the only yoghurt that I can buy - are there any equivalents ??
Also where can i buy fat free fromage frais & is there a particalar brand ??
Same again with cottage cheese - does this also have to be ff /0% & any suggestions as to where i can buy this from ???

Many thanks in advance :0)

I use Asda

I don't buy total, I buy GoldenAcre Quark it's cheaper and to my taste it's nicer :), it's with the mozarella cheese. I also use plain old Asda Fat Free Fromage Frais and Natural yoghurt.

Cottage cheese is either Longley Farm virtually Fat Free, or low fat Asda when I can't get the former. The rule of thumb is all meat/dairy has to be under 5% fat (so less than 5g per 100g on the label)

xx

another BIG thankyou to alottolose !! X

I have just started reading the Dukan Diet Life Plan book - it is so much more user friendly than the paper back book.

My Oat bran arrived this afternoon I ordered from Dr D's website ? Is this the best to use ??
It wasn't too expensive - but not sure how long it will last or how cost effective it will be ??
What i did find a nightmare was that I ordered last Thurs & payed extra for 48 hr delivery & it didn't arrive until today :0( - all the bank holidays causing mayhem ! X

I am REALLY looking forward starting on Fri 13th !!- my boyfriend has promised to support me & follow DD on the weekends (as he works away during the week) !! X

Although .... I worry that my cravings for sugar / sweet things could be difficult to deal with !

you will get oatbran cheaper in morrisons or holland & barret ... i just got 8 bags from holland & barret for £7.07 as it was buy 1 get 1 half price even with the £1.99 postage it still worked out cheaper

Hi Winnie, I only started last Tuesday & was supposed to do 6 days of attack but ended up doing 8 as I wanted to do PV days on set days. Day 3 & 4 were the worst for me, headache, nausea & so so tired. Once you get through that phase you feel so much better.

The girls on here are so helpful & supportive so any questions you have just ask, no matter how silly you think it is :)

Looking forward to reading you

Ahhhhhhhh ! ! lol - alottolose you are a beast ! ! X lol

I have just ordered more oatbran from Holland & Barret :))

Jojo25 - I am meant to do 6 attack days - but I am going to check which days the PV days fall :) Well done you for doing 8 days !

A couple of years ago I managed about 5 months of Lighter Life total (not successful as piled the weight back on)
The total is the complete abstinence from food and the first 3 days were hellish - I am praying that it won't be as bad as that !! x

We will see

I am not sure how to track / record my progress on here ??
I have looked on the tickerfactory at all of their tracking tools - should i put in my signature ?? - How would I update them ?

Alottolose - I I like the fact that you have put your plans / tickerfactory ticker / graphs at the start of your diary thread. Can you go in and edit?? Is that the only place that you record your weight loss etc ??

questions questions .......

Can I use canderel powder sweetener ?
ingredients : maltodextrine, sweeteners: aspartme and acesulframme-K flavouring ?? X

I still haven't started :(

I know i just need to bite the bullet - hopefully tomorrow actually DEFINATELY tomorrow !!

I have emptied the fridge / freezer & all cuboards of everything & replaced with dukan meats yoghurts etc ! - expensive - have spent a fortune !!

I WILL start tomor

Winnie I use any artificial sweetner x unless a Dukameer lnows different x good luck

cheers Sididd x

Right as I still haven't started ! I vow not to post again until I have ! X
Hopefully tomorrow ! x

Back