Extra Easy Days Journey to mini- target #3 // 1lb lost - 5.5lbs to go

Popped in for a peek at your dairy.... looks awesome.. will be following... Love the freezer cooking :D Go you :)

Popped in for a peek at your dairy.... looks awesome.. will be following... Love the freezer cooking :D Go you :)
Thanks, i feel more prepared freezer cooking for those later nights simply because i know i can't be bothered to cook from scratch lol. You're doing so well too x

It's always much easier to make a boo boo if you don't have a plan lol

It's always much easier to make a boo boo if you don't have a plan lol
Oh i've definitely found that. The panic of 'what can i have, that won't take hours or much effort' is a recurring thought sometimes, at least in the last couple of weeks.

Spent the afternoon making the syn free bbq sauce ready for some hunters chicken maybe in a couple of days or just on sw chips. Also made an oven baked chicken risotto. Looks a lot better than the pan version i made at a previous time. I'll pop back and give you a taste update in a little while.

Taste update: the risotto was sooo yummy and i will definitely be cooking it again. It was so much easier and much less hassle than making it in a pan. The recipe i used has made huge portions too so plenty more meals out of that.

Awesome :D

I've had a good couple of days so far this week here's Tuesday and Wednesdays diaries.

Tuesday 12th July

B: Overnight oats and raspberries, strawberries, melon, nectarine, clementine
D: Mugshot, Crackerbread (6), Philly Cheese (hexA), Cucumbers
T: Chicken Risotto with tomatoes, green beans, peas, mushrooms, onions, garlic

Extras: Pear, Apple, Pink n White (2.5), Curly Wurly (6)
Total Syns: 14.5

Wednesday 13th July

B: Overnight Oats and strawberries, melon, peach, clementine
D: Prawns, Cucumber, Beetroot, Tomatoes, Crisps (5)
T: Bacon, Scrambled Eggs, Beans, Tomatoes, Onions

Extras: curly wurly (6), pink n white (2.5), pear, apple, plums, banana
Total Syns: 13.5

Hunters chicken planned for tomorrow night and maybe bolognese for Friday, hoping it's a good weigh in on Saturday as a little birthday suprise, fingers crossed. I'm feeling quite positive this week and everytime i want to snack on something i shouldn't, i am trying to remind myself what i want to see on Saturday when i get on those scales and how i felt knowing the numbers were creeping back up.

I feel like i'm finally getting back on track with it :)

Thursday 14th July

B: overnight oats, clementine, peach, 2 plums
D: chicken breast, peas, new potatoes
T: syn free hunters chicken (minus the bacon), broccoli, mushrooms, onions

Extras: pear, apple, strawberries, 2x pink n whites (5), curly wurly (6)
Total Syns: 11

I think i've had a good day today although chocolate birthday cake is on the menu at work tomorrow so gonna have to be syn free the rest of the day as it would be rude not to have some of my own birthday cake ;).

Friday was a good day food wise, i saved a few syns from Thursday because i knew i would be having birthday cake on Friday, and it was very yummy!!!

Fridays menu looked a little bit like this:

B: 2 weetabix, milk, strawberries (hex A+B)
D: Tomato and Veg Pasta (made with passata, mug full of pasta, garlic, broccoli, carrots and sweetcorn).
T: Carrot and Swede topped cottage pie with broccoli and peas.

Extras: chocolate birthday cake (12), pear, peach, clementine,

Got to love a good piece of cake :D

The birthday weekend has been and gone, some meals were on plan, some meals were not and cake was definitely eaten :D:D:D. Time to draw a line under it and crack on with the next 5 days, will be happy with even just 1lb off this week, fingers crossed.

Monday's Menu

B: 2 weetabix, milk, strawberries.
D: 2 ham and mushroom mini quiches, nectarine, birthday cake (12)
T: minted lamb kebabs (4) , broccoli, carrots, oxo roasties

Extras: pear, plum,
Total Syns: 16

Went over my syns today. I have found that i can consistently be good if i plan out all my meals, unlike today, i came home from work and had no idea what i was going to eat for dinner and so i ended up with a piece of cake whilst i decided and wasted 12 syns that i could've used tonight :oops:.

+0.75lbs for me this week. Was definitely expected as it was birthday weekend last weekend and the children finished Nursery for the holidays on Friday and so chocolates were flying around all over the place, although i was good and didn't indulge too much. Aiming to get back to 12,5 this week hopefully although there are 5 boxes of chocolates left at work to resist:eek:.

Had my Saturday day off and back to it on Sunday, however i'm thinking of giving up my treat day as i don't think it is helping me at all. I just use it as a day to eat as many crisp and chocolate i want without thinking about it. Kinda sabotaging myself really. I might have one now and again but i don't crave it every Saturday, i also think it's because i plan my meals for the week up until Friday and then Saturday is like panic stations, trying to stick to plan with no idea whats in.

I feel like a broken record sometimes, every week i come on here and i start the week great and then i drift off. I don't know where my motivation has gone, i feel like i'm still not as motivated as i was at the beginning. Does anybody else have these slumps? How did you deal with them? :(

This week i am using up some of my freezer meals i made for teas. So i'll be having; chicken lasagne, pasta bolognese and cottage pie, i might also give the carbonara a try on Friday, dunno if it's wise before weigh in though. I need to try and find some more freezable meals to make. Any ideas?

Mondays Menu

B: 2 x toast with butter (hexb + 2), strawberries, orange
D: chicken and mushroom pasta n sauce, apple
T: pasta bolognese, with extra green beans, carrots and swede

Extras: Piece of chocolate cake (12), muller light, oxo roasties, 2x cheese slices (4)
Total Syns: 18 :oops:

I've been very honest here, i definitely need to start writing everything down again and make a point of coming back on here every night.

I have a weeks worth of oats measured out for breakfast, fruit snacks prepared for morning and afternoons and teas are in the freezer. Mini quiches have been cooked for lunches with salad so we'll see how this week goes. Need to find my mojo wherever it's gone.

I'm enjoying a very rare Friday off work :eek:, it's summer holiday club so i am working the most random hours but today is a day off and i am not complaining lol.

I feel like i've had a good week this week although the weekend was a bit o_O, i usually use Saturday as a day off SW as i have mentioned before. I didn't pig out as such but what i ate was literally 1/3 tub of Ben n Jerry's and some ferrero rocher later on and i haven't felt so poorly in a long time. I don't know what didn't agree with me but i felt crap for lack of a better word.

It put me off reaching for junk for the rest of the weekend and i didn't miss it one bit. I got rid of the chocolate in my bedroom from my birthday and gave it to my brothers and sister to eat, i thought i would regret it but i didn't.

Also another thing i have realised is that my willpower to refuse chocolates has gotten a lot better. I remember starting my journey and saying when i used to sit and watch telly on a night, i used to think about crisps and chocolate and then instantly want some. Now i haven't had a packet of crisps for a couple of weeks and i can honestly say they haven't crossed my mind. As well as that, the staff at my work have gone through 4? boxes of chocolates given by the children at the end of term, in 2 weeks and not one chocolate has passed my lips. I didn't even find myself hesitating when they asked, it was just, 'No thank you' and then i moved on. I feel like i have achieved something in a way as i didn't find myself yearning for the chocolate i had refused.

One thing i have started doing is eating a large bowl of fruit for breakfast and not always using my hexB. This has left me with my hexB on a night time and i have been eating cherry bakewell alpen lights or chocolate and fudge benefit bars which to me feel like they should be a naughty treat themselves:D. Then i have just used my syns on curly wurlys and pink n whites and i have felt satisfied. I don't feel the need to go grab a snickers or lion bar that i know is sitting in the top drawer, downstairs, in the kitchen, by the kettle o_O.

This week i have been using up my freezer meals for tea like chicken lasagne, pasta bolognese and cottage pie. Actually looking forward to cooking more this weekend, would actually like to try and cook something different because i always stick to the same meals, we'll see.

Actually looking forward to trying something different this week. Just been for a walk to Tesco and Asda, got a pork joint for £1.50, so have frozen it and will attempt BBQ pulled pork in the slow cooker. Also found loads of reduced herb jars; garlic salt, parsley, italian herbs etc, don't know why they're reduced, they have next year on them.

Going to attempt some new meals and freeze them for use during the week as i have a few 6:30 finishes which means i can't be bothered to cook from scratch. Also i am cooking for my Mum who says she wants to eat what i'm eating.

I will be trying to make;
meat balls for spaghetti, bolognese for pasta, chicken supreme, chicken risotto, kfc chicken and homemade pork burgers. I'm going to try and get as much done tomorrow as possible but i might be stuck in the kitchen Sunday too :eek:.

Weigh day tomorrow, hoping for at least 1lb off, fingers crossed.

Weigh in this morning, got a STS, i think that's due to last weekend, i did crap both days and regretted it so here's to a better week this week. Hoping to lose that 2lb to get my 1 stone award, i feel like it is taking me forever to shift just a stone. I know you're not supposed to compare yourself to everybody else but it's hard no to sometimes.

After a weekend of meal prep and batch cooking i now have 5 portions of chicken risotto, 2 portions of meatballs in sauce, 4 portions of chicken and mushroom pie (1 syn per portion) and 4 portions of bolognese. The burgers really didn't turn out very well and seemed very dry :( and the kfc chicken didn't go right either but never mind. Better luck next time aye.

Todays menu;

B: 2 weetabix (b) 150ml milk (a) strawberries, pear
L: crabsticks, cucumber, tomatoes, pickled onions
T: chicken roast dinner, peas, carrots, green beans, broccoli, oxo roasties, yorkshire puddings (6), gravy (4)
Extras: muller light, strawberries, grapes

Morning shift tomorrow, we'll see how it goes.

Tuesday's Menu

B: Melon, strawberries, muller light
D: chicken and herb noodles, mini quiche, carrots, broccoli, sweetcorn
T: chicken risotto with mushrooms, tomatoes, green beans, peas, onion and tenderstem broccoli
Extras: pear, banana, milk in tea (a),

Just prepared some bbq sauce in the slow cooker ready for the pork to be put in, in the morning for syn free bbq pulled pork. Looking forward to seeing the outcome :D.

No syns yet today, i'm trying to stick to around 10-12 syns per day this week, also had no hex B so i'll probably have alpen bars.

Hi everyone!

Made the pulled pork yesterday, was so looking forward to my tea but i made it too salty, i couldn't even handle it in a breadcake :( and was not impressed with myself. But i am going to try and make pulled chicken at the weekend with some chicken i have in the freezer, the salt won't be going anywhere near that one ;).

I've been so pleased with myself at work these last few days, i've baked chocolate chip buns with the children and not a crumb passed my lips. There is also a shortbread biscuit tin open and a chocolate box. My ability to say 'no' and just walk away has grown and i am very happy with that!

Wednesdays menu:

B: clementine, strawberries, peaches
D: mugshot at about 2pm, started work at half 11 so wasnt hungry for my dinner at 11 in the morning, afternoon shifts are so awkward for eating,
T: Chicken and mushroom pie (1) broccoli and carrots.

Extras: 2 alpen lights (b), 2 pink n whites (5), curly wurly (6)
Total Syns (12)

Tomorrow i've got a prawn and chicken salad prepped for my dinner and salmon and vegetables for tea so looking forward to that.

Hope everyone else's week is going great.

Back