Extra Easy Days Journey to mini- target #3 // 1lb lost - 5.5lbs to go

Day #44 Sunday 29th May - EE

B: overnight oats, raspberries, pear, strawberries
D: Batchelors Pesto Pasta, Mixed Veg (carrots, broccoli, sweetcorn)
T: Prawns, Rice, Peas, Carrots, Mushrooms, Onions

Speed F+V Count: 5
Hex A: milk in cups of tea
Hex B: 35g Porridge Oats

Had a good day food wise apart from tea. You know when you are really looking forward to something but it just doesn't turn out how you want it? The mushrooms and onions tasted awful, i don't know if it was the frying pan i used, the peas were like bullets (won't be buying them ones again), and the rice was just dry. All in all a very disappointing tea but nevermind, there's always tomorrow.

Day #45 Monday 30th May EE

B: overnight oats, raspberries, strawberries, pineapple
D: Chicken, cucumber, tomatoes, beetroot, carrot, lettuce, gherkins,
T: Breaded chicken fillet, green beans, carrots - tea was a sore subject. I put some chicken in the fridge late last night to defrost and by 5 o clock tonight it was still partly frozen, so tea was a last minute, find something coz you're starving and nothing else is defrosted situation.

Speed F+V Count: 9
Hex A: none - forgot
Hex B: 35g porridge oats

Again, a reasonably good day apart from the tea situation. Forgot to have my hex A though, i usually have it using milk, but i haven't had any today, oh well.

Last edited:
My downfall is snacking. I know it is and i know i do it. It's not that i crave chocolate or anything, i can go without it, but if i know it's there and i start thinking about it being there, i want to eat it. It is mainly in the evenings when i'm sat at my computer or watching tv. This is something i need to stop or have more control over. How do you guys keep your motivation?
Hi stacey! Really enjoying your food diary :) I know exactly what you mean about snacking, I have the same problem. Usually I take that to mean that my brain isn't occupied enough so I'll do my embroidery or play a tricky iPad game or read an article or go play with my pets or something. Hope that helps!

Hi stacey! Really enjoying your food diary :) I know exactly what you mean about snacking, I have the same problem. Usually I take that to mean that my brain isn't occupied enough so I'll do my embroidery or play a tricky iPad game or read an article or go play with my pets or something. Hope that helps!
Thanks for the support. There's some good ideas there thanks, I definitely need a list of things to do to occupy me. I'm not doing bad this week, I've put the tin of chocolates out of sight and it hasn't bothered me, which is surprising considering I know where they are x

Day #46 Tuesday 31st May EE

B: overnight oats, raspberries, strawberries, grapes, clementine
D: Bolognese made of: 5% mince, onion, carrots, celery, garlic, chopped tomatoes, Banana and Custard Mullerlight
T: Pizza Chicken, Broccoli, Carrots

Speed F+V Count: 9
Hex A: Cheese
Hex B: Oats

I really enjoyed the pizza chicken today, last time i had it i used passata as the tomato sauce, but this time i used tomato puree and it tasted much better. Definitely going to have this one again.

Last edited:
Day #47 Wednesday 1st June EE

B: Overnight oats, raspberries, strawberries, clementine
D: Boiled Egg, Chicken Mugshot (really lame but i didn't get home from work til nearly 2pm and didn't want to spoil my tea.)
T: Pork Loin Steaks, Broccoli, Carrots, Mushrooms

Speed F+V Count: 6
Hex A: Milk in cups of tea
Hex B: 35g oats

I've tried to stay low syn/ syn free for the beginning of this week and for the most part it has worked out. I have avoided chocolate and those dreaded party sausage rolls (yes they're constantly around) however today i decided to bake all morning at Nursery with the children. I avoided the fairy cakes we made, i was ok with that, we then made chewy chocolate chunk cookies, and i just had to taste one to see if they were ok:rolleyes:. I mean i can't expect the children to eat them if they don't taste nice, so i had to do the taste test :oops:.

For Thursday and Friday i am going to aim for 2 EESP days before me weigh in on Saturday, i have my meals already planned out so it should be good :).

Day #48 Thursday 2nd June EESP

B: 2 weetabix, milk, strawberries, clementines, pear
D: boiled egg and chicken salad (cucumber, pickled onion, tomatoes, beetroot, carrots)
T: Salmon, roasted carrots, garlic mushrooms, green beans, broccoli

Speed F+V Count: 11
Hex A: milk
Hex B1: 2x weetabix
Hex B2: alpen light, benefit bar

Syns: crisps (5) curly wurly (6)

Really enjoyed my tea today, have saved some for my lunch tomorrow.

This weekend i'm planning on remaking chicken lasange, bolognese and the speedy tomato soup for next week and freezing some portions too. We'll see how the two SP days affect my weight loss and i might repeat the same next week or maybe do 3 SP days at the end of the week. I actually don't mind SP days, as i said before i don't really miss pasta or potatoes when i don't have them anyways. I've also been watching lots of SW youtube videos and reading the magazines to get some new food ideas. Any recommendations of what i definitely should try? (i'm not a spicy food or a curry fan).

Day #49 Friday 3rd June

B: 2 weetabix, milk, strawberries, clementine, pear
D: Salmon, roasted carrots, green beans, broccoli - why have I never tried roasted carrots before?
T:Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Beans, Egg, Sausages,

Speed F+V Count: 8
Hex B1: weetabix
Hex B2: 1 alpen light, benefit bar

Syns: crisps (5), curly wurly (6), 2 sausages (4) = 15.

I'm really enjoying the aldi reduced fat pork sausages as part of my fry up instead of bacon. Weigh day tomorrow, feeling positive hoping for at least 2lbs off tomorrow, fingers crossed!

Last edited:
So after a 1lb gain yesterday i had a day feeling a bit pants, it is my first ever gain since i started and i just felt a bit rubbish. However, i did get past it, planned my week ahead and i'm ready to go again. I am aiming to see a 6 on the scales next weigh in.

Mini goals for this week;
- weigh my hex A for breakfast (i have been guessing :oops:)
- see a 6 on the scales
- at least 3 SP days

I have spent today cooking and prepping some meals for this week. I made another batch of bolognese, a batch of cottage pie and the SW burgers from the website. I also plan to have an omelette, salmon and a fry up for my teas this week too. I'm going in full steam ahead this week, although it will be a long working week for me this week :(.

Day #51 Sunday 5th June -- SP Day

B: 2 weetabix, 200ml milk, strawberries, clementine
D: chicken, green beans, tomatoes
T: bolognese, no extra veg but the bolognese is filled with speed

Hex A: 200ml milk
Hex B: 2 weetabix
Hex B2: benefit bar,

Extras: pear (s), crisps (5) curly wurly (6)

Last edited:
Day #52 Monday 6th June SP

B: 2 weetabix, 200ml milk, strawberries, melon
D: speed filled cottage pie, topped with carrot and swede mash
T:

Hex B: weetabix x2
Hex B:
Extras: pear (s)

So Monday was going well until i got home at 6:30pm only to find out we had to take our 13 year old Dog to the vets and have him put to sleep, needless to say, tea went out the window and i just picked. Might not be such a great week this week :(

Day 53: Tuesday 7th June SP

B: 2 weetabix, 200ml milk, strawberries
D: Speedy Bolognese
T: Homemade burgers (s+p), mushrooms (s) tomatoes (s) tomato sauce (1)

Hex B1: 2 weetabix
Hex B2: 2 benefit bars
Extras: curly wurly (6) crisps (4.5) tomato sauce (1)

Trying to get back on track, not really got an appetite to be honest but i don't want to blow it all out of the window.

Day 54: Wednesday 8th June SP

B: 2 weetabix, milk, strawberries, melon
D: Chicken (p) salad (s) salad cream (1.5) crisps (4.5)
T: speedy cottage pie (s+p) green beans (s) cabbage (s)

Hex B1: 2 weetabix
Hex B2: 2 benefit bars
Extras: pear (s) plum (s) curly wurly (6)

Sorry i've been a bit absent this week, it's been an odd week emotionally. But i weighed in this morning at 12st 6.5lbs... a loss of 2lbs from last week. I am more than happy with this as i expected another gain especially considering i ate out at the Hungry Horse last night and Tuesday night went to pot. Onwards and upwards (or downwards with the weight) this week.

My mini goals last week were

- weigh my hex A for breakfast (i have been guessing :oops:) This happened for like 2 or 3 days :oops:
- see a 6 on the scales I can happily say i saw a 6 on the scales :woohoo:
- at least 3 SP days I can also say i did 4 SP days last week

I am so happy with this weeks weigh-in, i can honestly say i thought i had blown it after Monday night and eating out on Friday night at the Hungry Horse, i even did a sneaky pre-Hungry Horse weigh-in in case i ruined it all but it was all fine.

This weeks goals:
- See a 4 on the scales
- Really measure out my hex A
- At least 3 SP days towards the end of the week.

Pretty much the same as last weeks but i am feeling so motivated.:D

So today i've been out to the carboot with my Dad most of the day so unfortunately didn't have dinner, i wanted to avoid the bacon and sausage butties and there wasn't really anything else to choose. Although i did have an ice cream :rolleyes:.

Day #58 Sunday 12th June EE

B: 2 weetabix, milk, 2 plums
D: none :(
T: prawns, rice, peas, carrots, green beans, garlic

Extras: ice cream from a stall (not sure how to syn),

I finally found the Ben and Jerry's Son of a Wich's today to try, i've been looking for them for ages. Picked up some Pufts and Bugles too for synned snacks this week. I nearly died at the till when my shopping bill came to £45!! That needs to be sorted out.

A good day today :D, i've made SW burgers this afternoon and they were yummy. Also, i've cheekily bought myself a new incentive. New Look have 25% off dresses and i found a lovely one for holiday next year, so i bought it, the catch is that i bought it in a size 12, two sizes smaller than i am now. Now i usually go on holiday around June so i've got a year to get into the dress. I'm just about in a 14 bottoms and a 14/16 top so i'm definitely heading in the right direction. I don't want to be selling it next year because it's too small, hopefully this will keep the motivation up.

Day #59 Monday 13th June EE

B: 2 weetabix, 180ml milk, strawberries, pear, clementine
D: prawns, rice, peas, green beans, carrots, garlic
T: Homemade SW burgers, with onion, mushrooms and homemade wedges

Extras: 2- 50% less fat cheese slices (4) pufts (3.5) ben and jerry son of a wich (4)

Total Syns today: 11.5

Just tried the 30 day shred - lasted 9 minutes :oops: might try again tonight after work. I know she says to keep going but....lol. I am going to keep trying though and hopefully i can build it up. I'm going to try and do as much as i can after work everyday this week. How has anybody else got on with the 30 day shred?

Back