Countdown to holidays - the return journey

Monday 18th July 2011 – Green Day

Breakfast – Grated Cheese (HEa) on Toast (Heb) with marmite spread underneath

Lunch – Gallo Risotto funghi – free with small rocket and watercress leaf salad, drizzed with balsamic and salt crystals.

Dinner – Steak (Heb) cooked on g/foreman, with potato wedges, pepper sauce (using milk as (HEa) 4.5 in total so allow (2.5)

Snacks – 2 pints of water, fresh fruit, coffee with splashes of milk,
Muller light orange yoghurt with dark choc sprinkles – mmmm

Total Syns – 2.5

Tuesday – 19th July – Red Day

Breakfast – Special K honey and oats (5.5) (omg), fresh fruit, ff nat yoghurt

Lunch – Chicken and prawns on a rocket and watercress salad with balsamic fry light dressing, beetroot, pickle onions

Dinner – Goulash made up as red original book(free) jacket potato (Heb)

Snacks – fresh fruit, cheese (HEa), coffee with milk splashes, water, fresh fruit

Well, have decided to sweep Tuesday under the bin, its a no go day for me, really @@ things up, between the cereal and the evening meal which was nice, but the cubed lean steak was like leather, (its the same batch as what we made the asian beef with which was tender as anything) next time if we do this its going to be popped into the slow cooker, the peppers, onions and stock was really nice, and would also be nice with say chicken. Anyway my potato was also a wash out, it was one from my brother's allotment which are usually nice but this one just had black all the way through it, between the potato and the leather like steak, they both went into the bin and had half a bag of UB egg fried rice - OH is back in tesco's tomorrow for alpen or shreddies honey nut

Last edited:
Wednesday 19th July - Green Day

Breakfast – Special K honey and oats (5.5) :eek:, fresh fruit, ff nat yoghurt (alpen or sheddies back on menu tomorrow )

Lunch - sandwich (HEb) ham (HEb) cheese (HEa), lettuce, cuecumber, fresh fruit ff, yoghurt, jelly (1.5)

Dinner - Spiced texas chilli -green book page 81 - (1)

Snacks - mug shot - free, fresh fruit, coffee with splashes of milk, water

Syns - 8

Mondays breakfast has just solved my lunch for tomorrow dilemma - mmm cheese on toast...

thats pants about the jacket potato - I hate it when that happens!

Thurs 20th - green day

Breakfast - honey nut (HEb) fresh fruit, ff nat yoghurt

Lunch - left over spiced texas chilli with chicken quorn pieces mmmm (1) fresh fruit, jelly, ff youghurt

Dinner - sw pasta, (latest issue of sw mag) (2) made with leek, onions and peas with ex light philly cheese (HEa) two small rounds of garlic bread (?) half grapefruit

Snacks - fresh fruit, coffee with splashes of milk, litre of water

Total syns 5 have allowed 2 syns for the two rounds of garlic bread

Friday 21st July - Red day

Breakfast - honey nut (HEb) fresh fruit, ff nat yoghurt

Lunch - roll (HEb) filled with salad, ham and cheese (HEa), fresh fruit, ff yoghurt, jelly (1.5) fresh fruit salad

Dinner, well this went off track as we went out and didnt come back til late so had chinese from takeaway, think i was reasonably good but not sure of syn value: Stewed chicken with beansprouts and mushrooms and two tablespoons of singapore rice and about 10 prawn crackers, hakf a grapefruit.

Coffee with splashes of milk, half litre of water

Syn total - 1.5 plus chinese meal (unknown)

Weigh Day

Saturday 23 july - red day

Not looking foward to this as had a naughty chinese as was late when came back home for food

Yeah! 2lb lost - so happy

Well back on track now for rest of day

Breakfast - honey nut (HEa) fresh fruit, ff nat yoghurt

Lunch - prawn salad, fresh fruit

Dinner - ginger prawn cakes (red book) on a small peppery salad followed by chicken and prawn stirfry.

Snacks - fresh fruit, ff yoghurt, half grapefruit. Ciffee with splashes of milk, water

Syns - well its saturday so its bacardis and diet coke, aiming for 5 so

This is a long one, almost 1 week in 1 post

23rd July – Update

Well, not happy at all, drunk far too many bacardis than what I wanted, but unsure as to how many, so will put in the 8 bacardie

24 syns at least and that’s perhaps being generous

Sunday was a complete washout as hung over and meal did not go anywhere near what they should have been

I feel really angry with myself as I have been really good since I started and have now hit this glitch which could undo all the good that I have done

Anyway to meals for Sunday 24th July Green day

Breakfast – Nothing

Late dinner – Chicken (Heb) roast potatoes sprayed with fry light, peas, roast carrots, carrots, 1 stuffing ball (3), 1 yorkshire (2.5) gravy (3)

Yep and that’s it

Syns – 8.5

Not a good day

Monday 25th July 2011 – Green Day

Breakfast - Honey nut shreddie wheat (HEb) fresh fruit, ff nat yoghurt

Lunch – did take Uncle Bens rice pouch in to work for 2 syns with Jelly 1.5 and yoghurt, but ended up going to M&S and just bought a chicken and bacon salad, it had about a dessert spoon size of mayonnaise. – yes blown it on this one not sure of syn value either (????)

Dinner – Cheese (HEa) and potato pie with beans, bacon (Heb)

Snacks, fresh fruit, coffee with splashes of milk ½ litre of water

After dinner, sat down with oh and said that still feeling really angry and @@@@.

Planned some meals together and now hoping to get back on track.

Tuesday 26th July 2011 – Green Day

Lunch – Cheese (HEa) and potato pie with beans, yoghurt, jelly, mixed fruit salad

Tin of beans in work was with sausages Beans in work so have to syn sausages 2 syns per sausage – (8)

DinnerHome made chicken (Heb) and mushroom stir-fry, made with beansprouts, onions, and peppers and home made stir-fry sauce

Wednesday 27th July – Green Day

Lunch – Chilli prawns with peppered salad (syn prawns) 28g = 1.5

Dinner – Home made stuffed peppers, made with rice, kidney beans, chilli, coriander leaves topped with toasted cheese (HEa) pork (Heb)

Thursday 28th July - Green Day

Breakfast - Special K oats and honey (5.5) fresh fruit, ff yoghurt

Lunch - Scrambled eggs, wholemeal toast (HEb), teaspoon of sweet chilli sauce (unsure so will allow 1) jelly, ff yoghurt

Dinner - Steak done on g/foreman (HEb), h/m potato wedges. peas, mushrooms cooked in philli extra light (HEa), half a grapefruit.

Coffee with splashes of milk, half a litre of water

Well done on your 1lb loss.

I'm having a very bad week, or two really, and seem to be going off plan more than on, so know where you are coming from.

Well not been completing my diary again, but ive eaten pretty good and nothing to bad or high in syns. Ive got to get back imto doing my dairy again

Well as said its weigh day

:eek: 4lb off

I cant believe it!

Well done!, absolutely brilliant loss xx

Yours was fab as well!

Thank you, i was a bit surprised as when we were in cardiff on monday we went to ruby tuesdays (burger for me :eek: ) but also salad.

La senza is still there in st davids 2

Thank you x
Did you like Ruby Tuesday?
We had a bad meal there, as they delivered our main course before we were halfway through our starter, and they couldn't understand that it was a problem.
I've decided that I am going to give Bravissimo a go, after reading an article in this months WW magazine.

The meal was fab, but we didnt have a starter, we just had a main meal with the salad, service was fab - couldnt fault it

Have tried bravimisso shop, but i love the swimwear in la senza, i also used to love the triumph shop but thats closed now tho

Did you have a hangover after the birthday celebrations.

Got to say i just hadchips from local chippy and got to say, they were yuck!

I liked the triumph shop too, so going to give John Lewis a try as well, just need to spend a day doing bra shopping really, instead of quickly trying to find something!
Strangely enough I didn't feel to hungover this morning, but we ate and drank early evening, and I was in bed just after ten, and didn't get up until ten thirty this morning, so perhaps that helped - plus drank loads of water during the night!

Back