Countdown to Majorca!

bevlier

well I've just had my second weigh-in and all is not well so am starting a diary in the hope it will keep me on the straight and narrow...

week 1 went fine, found it way easier than I thought, mostly because all the water was filling me up so i didn't feel hungry at all. so where did it all go wrong in week 2? simple! a night out! but i am not going to beat myself up about it because if I do, I will end up feeling so bad about myself that I quit. as usual. this time I'm determined NOT to quit. it was my daughter's 13th birthday on Saturday, we had a lovely meal at our favourite Italian restaurant and as a result, I put on 2lbs of the 10lbs I lost in week 1. so, to stay positive, I'm still 8lbs down :) I will keep smiling and be 100% this week and those 2 pesky little pounds - and hopefully another couple besides?! - will be banished once more, never to be seen again :D and whenever I feel a wobble coming on, instead of reaching for something I *think* I want to eat, I will reach for my laptop and come onto this wonderful site and rant/moan/generally distract myself until the moment passes. because this time failure is not an option. we are going to Majorca 22 weeks on Sunday and I will NOT be as big as I am now! Instead of a size 24, I will be (hopefully!) no bigger than an 18. although having never lost more than a stone before (and then always put it back on of course :sigh:) I have no idea how much weight my body has to lose to drop each dress size. so off I go now, to do housework and guzzle water!
ciao for now! Bev xxx

Hi Bev, welcome to the forum, its a great place to do all your ranting and moaning and share your sucesses. On my first couple of weeks I spent a long time looking at diaries and getting inspiration, so its always great to see new people coming along and doing the same for the next group of new folks.

Good luck and we will all be looking forward to hearing about less of you! Oh and I have lost 2 stone ish, was a 22, now an 18 or a generous 16. I think that means a stone a size, which I guess probably fits with me wanting to lose another 2 and be a 14/16.

Best wishes x

thanks bluegirl :)
i was just calculating how much i have to lose to go from morbidly obese - yuk :( - to just plain old obese! for my height, i need to be 17stone 9lbs to have a BMI of 39.87 so I need to lose 2stone 8lbs to get there so that is my first mini goal :) hopefully I can do that by Easter :) 2 and a half stones in 2 and a half months? perfectly do-able :D

Hi bev,
Great to read your diary. I am in the same position as you where I've never lost any weight really so have no idea what weight I need to be for each size! How much fun will it be to find out though!!!
I have decided that while my bf eats his evening meal I will come on here an write my diary- take my mind off the smells floating out of the kitchen!! :)

not to bring a downer to proceedings but I have found i'm nearly 2 stone between sizes. Maybe it's because bluegirl is so tall?

yes you're right, I can't see me being a stone per size as I'm only 5' 6" so less height to spread the weight over! I reckon it'll be 1.5 to 2 stone per size for me - I'll pray for 1.5!

Day 15
Today is going swimmingly so far :) I've had 2 Tetras and 4 pints of water so far today and feeling fab :D Am just taking it one day at a time from now on so I don't feel too overwhelmed. And I'm liking my mini-goal that I've set of getting to 17st 9lbs by Easter - it would be the first time I've been 'obese' as opposed to 'morbidly obese' for I don't know how many years! I know that when we moved into this house in June 2004, I started a diet not long after and I was 21st 1lb at that time! That's the biggest I've been. About 12 and 1/2 years ago, when Emily was about 6 months old, I weighed 16 and 1/2 stone. I'm not one of these people who yo-yo's - I was about 12 stone when I got married nearly 17 years ago (I was a child bride! :D) and put on about a stone a year. I can't blame the babbas as each time I was pregnant, I was quite bad with morning sickness on and off all through the pregnancy both times and ended up weighing less after giving birth than I did at the booking-in visit! But I feel inexplicably positive today and really feeling like I can do it! Yay for me!
Off now to collect Charlotte from school :) c u soon xxx
PS I might post a wee pic of me in my wedding dress later as an incentive of how I want to look again - I was size 14/16 and gorgeous back then! What a pity I didn't realise it at the time... :/

here is a photo of me in my wedding dress:

showphoto.php

Message - MiniMins.com Photo Gallery

Day 22
Really need to come on here and do this diary every day! Had a rubbish day yesterday, feeling better today though so fresh start time again! Looking at my stats, 12lbs lost, 125 to go, so hey I'm already 10% there! Should have been more by now but then I don't suppose there's any point dwelling on it, it won't change anything.
It's 10am and I've had a choc tetra - which I really like :) - and on my first pint of water.
Went for a 5 mile walk with a friend on Monday - and was surprised at how much I enjoyed it! I think I was worried initially that I'd find it really hard but we talked so much (my friend is a real chatterbox) that the time flew by. We weren't walking fast by any stretch of the imagination! - it took nearly 2 hours - but being out in the fresh air and knowing I was burning off a few calories was great. Unfortunately I haven't been able to go out again this week as have been minding a friend's 3 year old since Tuesday - she has chickenpox and so the nursery won't let her through the door and she can't go to her grandparents as her grandad is about to start chemo :( She only has one set of grandparents - her mum had lost both parents by the time she was 25 - so that just leaves Aunty Bev! She's a little doll, no bother at all. Just lucky I haven't found a job yet or I don't know what they'd have done! Both parents work full time.
I went on maternity leave for 2nd baby in March 2001 and haven't quite made it back to work yet! When I had a baby and a 2 year old, it was working out that it was a waste of time to go back to work and pay most of my hard earned pennies to a childminder so I didn't! The plan was to go back once the youngest was at school but she's 10 and a half now! Lol. Trying to get back into the bank now - goodness knows why, banking isn't what it used to be. When I started in 1991, aged 16, it was a great job and my parents were very proud but it's not the job it used to be. Ideally I'd like a job in a school but there are hardly any going these days :( So I go in every Thursday (apart from today!) as a parent helper and I do library time with several classes. I'm hoping if I get a job, I'll find this diet easier as I'll be busier during the day and also at night as I'll have to do the housework then!
It's only 21 weeks on Sunday now till Majorca - eek! - so I really need to get my butt in gear and stick to this diet! Even a measly 2lbs a week would be 42lbs which is 3 stone - on top of the 12lbs I've lost so far would be 4 stone, which should be a couple of dress sizes! When I say it like that, it's a no-brainer! And of course if I stuck to it 100%, for 100% of the time, it would be more than that! there are 8 of us going to Majorca, first time we've gone abroad with another family. me, hubby and our 2 girls (13 and 10, she'll be 11 by then) and our friends and their 2 girls who are 14 and 12. the girls get on well (most of the time!) and we 4 adults have a riot when we're together so it should be great :) my friend has recently lost 2 stone and only has another 2 stone to lose to get to a healthy weight, which I have no doubt she will do by summer. poo. she's 40 in April and it wouldn't surprise me if she does it by then. she seems to have willpower of steel! she's not even going to a class or anything! she buys these celebrity slim shakes from the chemist and just gets on with it herself. i was hoping this would be enough to make me stick to it myself but clearly not... :-/
Anyway, I'd better go and do something, my wee pal has finished her snack and has been glued to the gogglebox for over half an hour now so best go and play with her :)
Oh and finish my pint too... ;-)

Back