Counting carbs on MFP

maddie_tc

So i was having a look at the breakdown of carbs on myfitnesspal and I it said

total carb: 31g
Fiber: 21g
Sugar: 9g

What is the net carbs I have had for the day then??

Apologies in advance if it's a daft question!

Xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hi Maddie, we just count total carbs in the UK. MFP is a US site where food content is listed in a different way. If you look at any food wrapper you will see that fibre is listed separately on this side of the pond. :)

Hi Maddie
Net carbs will be total minus fibre, so 10g.

Wrinkly said:
Hi Maddie, we just count total carbs in the UK. MFP is a US site where food content is listed in a different way. If you look at any food wrapper you will see that fibre is listed separately on this side of the pond. :)
Oh dear, is this right? I must have read the US info because I was under the impression that it was carbs - fiber = net carbs. Oops, I guess I'll have to rethink my menus!

Morning all I have just discovered the fat secret ap and it is excellent, you can use bar code to scan products, gives you calorie and carb contents , include popular brand items and is for u.k

Folks - be careful on mfp

If you pick items from uk shops ie tesco etc then the fibre is already deducted - so the carbs would be 30g!

If if pick US items then you need to calculate the net carbs yourself ie 30-10 so 20 g. They are often listed as cups if US generated

If you mix them - then you wont know what you are doing:eek: actually it's not that bad - the only time it really really makes a difference is the high fibre items - but this is important as perhaps it's putting you off veggies;)

HTHs!

Hi guys,

So if I underhand it correctly on a uk based product I will only look at TOTAL CARBS, but if it was American then I would deduct the fibre amount from the total carbs?

Just downloaded fat secret app, thanks it looks awesome!!

Xx

Hi guys,

So if I underhand it correctly on a uk based product I will only look at TOTAL CARBS, but if it was American then I would deduct the fibre amount from the total carbs?

Just downloaded fat secret app, thanks it looks awesome!!

Xx

Yes.. :)

On a UK product the fibre is listed on the wrapper/container separately. So no need to deduct it.

Back