Counting our blessings

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by futureyummymummy, 19 March 2009 Social URL.

1. futureyummymummy

futureyummymummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(21.1%)
    Diet:
    Lean in 15
    I had some news this morning that has me sat here in tears. A lady I know has just lost her little girl to sma at only 6 months old :cry:. I don't really know what to say about it all tbh but one thing I do know is that it's really brought home to me that I'm such a lucky woman to have 3 healthy happy children.

R.I.P beautiful little Ally

Emma xXx

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. asilasil

asilasil Full Member

Start Weight:
    18st12lb
    Current Weight:
    14st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st0lb(21.21%)
    Diet:
    LL
    Oh my god thats so awful. Im so sorry to hear that.
    I lost a good friend of mine a couple of weeks ago to cancer. He was 32. I thought that his life was cut too short. BUt a baby?? Thats really tragic. I firmly believe that she has gone somewhere much better. Her poor poor mother however is going to need all of her freinds around her. God bless to you all.
    xxxx

4. bigboy77

bigboy77 Full Member

Start Weight:
    25st0lb
    Diet:
    LL
    This strikes a particualr chord with me as my littlun is 7 months. The thought of losing him now.....unbearable. Obviously I don't know the person but I pray they pull through this terrible time.

5. Blonde Logic

Blonde Logic Yes. You can.

Start Weight:
    258lb
    Current Weight:
    228lb
    Goal Weight:
    168lb
    Lost(%):
    30lb(11.63%)
    Diet:
    cambridge
    So sorry to hear your news \emma. When a little one goes, I reckon they were just too good for this world.

Sympathy to you and your friends. :(

6. futureyummymummy

futureyummymummy Silver Member

Start Weight:
    22st0lb
    Current Weight:
    17st5lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st0lb
    Lost(%):
    4st9lb(21.1%)
    Diet:
    Lean in 15
    I know, god only takes the best ones eh. It's just especially hard to take when they're so young :(.

My children are 5, 3 and 1 and it just makes me feel so lucky to have them.

The only comfort is she'll never have to suffer.

7. roundrachel

roundrachel Silver Member

Diet:
    Lighter Life
    I hope you're ok Emma. Indeed things like this make us count our blessings. My friend's Dad died this morning following his battle with prostate cancer. Just over a year after losing my Dad to the same disease.
    Life is so very precious. Just makes me realise how important it is we look after ourselves.
    Take care.
    Love and prayers xx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.