Counting your penny syns

moomintrolljen

Will be thin god dammit!!
In class last night my C had a fairly good little tip - 2 empty jam jars and 70 x 1p pieces
Start your slimming week with all 70 in one jar and each time you use a syn you transfer 1p into the empty jar.
Im not sure how you would go about 1/2 syns though........:confused:
Its a nifty little way of keeping track of syns throughout the week me thinks! :D

i have 105 a week.....can i just put the pound coin in the other jar on weigh in night? lol! xxx

A good idea - even after almost a year on SW I still need to keep a track on my syns. I simply use a slim diary and write down what I've eaten for each day. I also keep a running weekly total of my syns so I know how many are left.

A good idea - even after almost a year on SW I still need to keep a track on my syns. I simply use a slim diary and write down what I've eaten for each day. I also keep a running weekly total of my syns so I know how many are left.

Yeah that's what I do, in my little Tinkerbell diary! :D Haha.

I kinda like the penny thing but while im at work id have to write it down anyway and then theres the 1/2 syn issue!

Oh I really like this idea :) I also keep track of my syns over the week (by writing them down by hand, AND in the online food diary!) but really like the idea of having a quick visual rather than having to sit and count up.

I shall have to start saving my pennies :)

She also does it with marbles Laura x

I do this for my weight loss. I bought a marble for each pound I have to lose and each week when I lose I transfer a marble per pound from one container to the other. Its great to see one pile going down and the other growing. :0) Helps me keep on track.

I have mine daily and get a tuperware tub and put my syns in at the beginning of the day (like this week I am having 5 syns because of my disaster day yesterday) so I have 10 mikado's in there. I can nibble on them throughout the day or have them all while watching the soaps, but all the syns are in that box so I can't go over them.

hmm - i couldnt do that cos i have syns for tomato sauce etc!

I probably wouldn't do well with it for syns but I think it's a great way to measure how much you've lost. Might consider doing it, will give me a great boost on those low days

I do this for my weight loss. I bought a marble for each pound I have to lose and each week when I lose I transfer a marble per pound from one container to the other. Its great to see one pile going down and the other growing. :0) Helps me keep on track.

Am liking the visual :D

Think thats a great idea :D

Am liking the visual :D

Thanks :D I bought some really pretty glass marbles from Toys R Us they were only 99p for 53 then I got two lovely glass jars to keep them in .. very pretty. It really helps me keep motivated to be able to move them every week. My OH even asks me now every week -- can we move some marbles over .. makes me smile. The last thing I want to do is move any back!

You could use pebbles from the beach too I guess if you didnt want to buy marbles specially. :rolleyes:

Back