Couple of items from today - help please

Dirtycellar

Had roast potatoes on my sunday roast at daddy's house. He cooked them in a little olive oil. Prob had 5, maybe 1 potatoes worth. Was going to use about 3 syns for the oil?

Also had 2 glasses of high juice cordial. It says on the SW webpage, 3 syns per 250ml glass as directed, but I used way way less than the recommendation as I knew it was high sugar. Rekon 3 syns for both would be fair?

And lastly, the worst one, he had some thorntons choc coated fudge pieces on the side and 3 just jumped up and into my mouth. Cant find anything too specific on these on SW. I was thinking maybe 2 syns each, is that coo conservative?

Ya post made me smile, the bit about the fudge jumping into your mouth ;o)..xx

The Thorntons Moments include a Chocolate covered fudge and they are 2 SYNS each- you can have mine as they are the only one I don't like lol

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Kwise1 said:
The Thorntons Moments include a Chocolate covered fudge and they are 2 SYNS each- you can have mine as they are the only one I don't like lol

Kx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Fab thanks

I'd say the roasties are way, way more than 3 syns. A medium/small potato is about 200g so about 8 syns on EE/Green or 16 on red.

Roastie syns, from the website:
Green/EE:
Potatoes, roast, in oil, 28g = 1
Potatoes, roast, in oil, 1 medium = 2½
Potatoes, roast, in oil, 1 large = 4

Red:
Potatoes, roast, in oil, 28g = 2
Potatoes, roast, in oil, 1 medium = 6½
Potatoes, roast, in oil, 1 large = 9½

ermintrude said:
I'd say the roasties are way, way more than 3 syns. A medium/small potato is about 200g so about 8 syns on EE/Green or 16 on red.

Roastie syns, from the website:
Green/EE:
Potatoes, roast, in oil, 28g = 1
Potatoes, roast, in oil, 1 medium = 2½
Potatoes, roast, in oil, 1 large = 4

Red:
Potatoes, roast, in oil, 28g = 2
Potatoes, roast, in oil, 1 medium = 6½
Potatoes, roast, in oil, 1 large = 9½

I figured when it said 1 medium, it meant 1 medium whole potato, and as my roasts all together would be about that I rounded up to 3. He used a small amount of olive oil to make them all so surely it's just the syns for that? Suppose it would have been 1 tbsp max, so that's what? 6 syns?

Well if he only used 1tbsp then yeah it'd be 6 syns for the lot, but I'd find it hard to roast all me potatoes in that... but then Im a roastie-o-phile, so hey... :D

For 'normal' roasties I'd just go by the weight to avoid how big 'medium' is. I just weighed what I'd call a 'small/medium' potato that might make 5 or 6 small roasties and it was just over 200g, so 8 syns.

Anyhoo, you've eaten it now, hope it was good :)

Oh right, ha, well I just think back to how I used to just POUR oil over 'em, glug glug glug... And my lovely toasties dripping in Lurpak... oh my daze :sigh: Oh for my proper chippies back :(

ermintrude said:
Oh right, ha, well I just think back to how I used to just POUR oil over 'em, glug glug glug... And my lovely toasties dripping in Lurpak... oh my daze :sigh: Oh for my proper chippies back :(

Lurpack??? Goose fat!!! ;)

ermintrude said:
On TOAST?!?! :confused: Dont think it'd go with me Marmite...?:D

Lol I read roasties, not toasties!! I don't have goose fat on toast!! Lmao

Jo* said:
If it was extra virgin oil and only 1 tb it can be counted as a HEb can't it, thats if you had nothing else HEb that day

Good to know but not applicable unfortunately.

I'm rather new, so just a wee query, if i was on a green day and dry roasted the potatoes would they be free still? Or is it something to do with the cooking that make them synned? Thanks :)

Thanks hon x

What is WSS?

Back