courgettes???

michellewild

Hi all, just wondering if we can have courgettes??, i really fancy some sliced up with my veg allowance just not sure if we are allowed,Thankuuuuuuuuuxxxxx

ANYBODYYYYYYY ?? :-( I have bought some to eat with my chicken, and they are just staring at me, i dont know if to eat them or not xxx

I have had them. I do long thin strips as fake spaghetti. Its entirely up to you whether to have them or not as they weren't on the veg list last time I looked but I used to have them when low carbing so decided I would have them every now and again for a change.

I also have them sometimes. But they're not on the official list.

I wonder what the difference between courgettes and green pepper is in carbs per 100 grams, now that would be an interesting list to do.

I have them although they are not on the 'official' list. I usually have about 6 thin slices to add variety to the veggies.

100g green pepper is 4g carbs and courgettes is 1.8g carbs for 100g - seems the S nS list is full of higher carb veg!

I'm not giving up the peppers tho ;) - I think the thing to do is to be aware of what you're having and careful.

im not sure if its how the peppers are cooked, my calorie book says green peppers 2.6g carbs and courgettes 1.8g so by rights courgettes should be ok?

Me neither BG - lovely with the chilli although I prefer the yellow pepper

My big book tells me uncooked courgette is 1.8g carb per 100g, boiled in unsalted water is 2.0g. Not that I care, I hate courgette but I wanted to use my new carb counting book!

I eat courgettes every day practically. I must admit, I generally ignore the s&s allowed veg list because some of them are pretty carby and I'm fairly certain I shouldnt be eating them.

Maybe I should make a list of low carb veggies I eat and list their carbs per 100g? Being a serial atkinser, I could rhyme a bundle off the top of my head! lol!

I eat courgettes every day practically. I must admit, I generally ignore the s&s allowed veg list because some of them are pretty carby and I'm fairly certain I shouldnt be eating them.

Maybe I should make a list of low carb veggies I eat and list their carbs per 100g? Being a serial atkinser, I could rhyme a bundle off the top of my head! lol!

Ooooh, yes please Claire. I'd be interested in your list as I am pretty certain that I'll be going down the Atkins route in the next couple of months :)

I shall try and remember when I get home from work and I'll post one :)

No worries. Glad to help :)

The info sheet I got with my samples last week and the one that came with my pack yesterday show different veg! They've added bamboo shoots, cauliflower, green chilli peppers and turnip and removed yellow peppers. They've also added turkey, tinned or fresh tuna and salmon. Of course I haven't bought any of these items!

Back