cous cous muffins

made these with toffee muller, i thought they were quite nice but hubby thought they were revolting! Think its more to do with the cous cous texture rather than flavour. Will make again though when i need a sweet fix.

Sorry to put a downer on this but cous cous is not free if used as a flour, even if it is not grinded.

I actually received a letter from slimming world confirming. So I wouldn't eat too much of it.

Basic/Non Branded Foods Grains, Couscous, ground/used as flour 28g

extraeasy.gif
5 Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 5 Syns
green.gif
Green 5 Syns

I don't get how it's not free? All you do is put a bit of splenda in it, mix in some yoghurt and shove it in the oven, what changes?

i wanan know this too i was going to make them but not at that many syns

There is such confusion with the cous cous cake/muffin recipes. If it is used as a flour substitute, whether ground or not, then it needs to be synned. However, there was a thread on here which included a reply from SW saying if the cous cous was used in it's intended form (ie with the water added first) then it was a free food.

My concern is that you could so easily overindulge on these as one of the OP's said - "I need to be careful not to cook these too often cause I could eat it all in one go!". You wouldn't eat 6 blueberry muffins from a supermarket but you could eat 6 of these as they are "free".

Your weight loss may suffer if you eat these types of things too often so I'd exercise a bit of caution really and cut back on them if your weight loss does reduce.

I used to make the Fruit cous cous cake. It was gorgeous.

This is the reply I got from Slimming World.

Food Optimising works so well because you gain the greatest satiety from foods – it’s good quality, bulky food that fills you up. When we come to Syn value foods at Slimming World, anything that is used to replace flour is counted as Syns. So if you make cakes, bread, dumplings, biscuits or pastry using any grain, eg, polenta or couscous, we would recommend that you count it as Syns. The Syn value for the couscous would be: 5.5 Syns per 28g dry on Original and Green.
If you are eating this as an occasional low-Syn snack on Green and still losing weight then carry on. However, if your weight loss slows or stops, you may need to follow our recommendation that you count the couscous as Syns.
Kindest regards
Beverly
Support Services

Some people at my slimming world group moan and groan because of lack of weight loss and swear blind they have followed it 100%. They give my consultant a hard time sometimes saying the diet don't work. But it's things like this subject that can go unoticed. Sorry but i had to make everyone aware of it. Good luck in your journey. xx

so the cous cous has a hidden syn agenda! the sneaky stuff! haha!

i think i will try these on a green day, and not syn them - but if i seem to have a lower loss that week - then will start to count syns! :D

how many muff's does the one cup of couscous recipe make? i need to buy a muff tin! :D

x

Back