COUS COUS

I had couscous this evening! I frylighted tiny cubes of butternut squash with a shallot and half a red chilli until soft, added some dried sage and lots of salt & pepper and mixed into the couscous! I served it with a roasted salmon fillet! I roasted cherry tomatoes in the dish with the salmon then removed the salmon and mixed into the tomatoes a little Worcestershire Sauce, Dijon mustard and Helmanns extra light mayo and spooned over the top of the salmon on the bed of couscous! With some broccoli on the side!! (The salmon/roasted cherry toms recipe was one of BritMumInCanada's- her www.slimmingeats.com website).X

i cover the couscous in chicken stock and leave till done then add cooked chicken and mixed veg and sprinkle with sweet chilli sauce

I make couscous using marmite, add tomatoes & cheese from hexa.

Or you could make couscous using cordial & add fruit, before you thing OMG, try it, it does work.:p

I love cous cous. I just bung in a stock cube, salt and pepper then cover with boiling water, cover in cling film and leave for 5 mins. Simple as that! I like it with things like curry instead of rice and love it with sausage casserole. It's also nice with diced raw red onion, cucumber, tomatoes, peppers etc stirred through it once cooked.

I make couscous using marmite, add tomatoes & cheese from hexa.

Or you could make couscous using cordial & add fruit, before you thing OMG, try it, it does work.:p

tell me more about the marmite please , this all sounds like it shouldnt work and should tast horrible but i cant wait to try it, do you heat the cordial
thanks

I mix the marmite (heap teaspoon) with hot water & pour over the couscous to cook, the add chopped toms & grated cheese.

I make up enough hot cordial (as if you were making yourself a drink) to cover the couscous & again pour over couscous, leave to cook then add whatever fruit you fancy. If I'm having cherries with the couscous I'll use a similar flavoured cordial.:D

I use cous cous as an alternative to rice, like with syn free curries and things because it doesn't make me as bloated as rice

I love cous cous because you can chuck anything in!

I always make it with chicken stock, just to give some more flavour, but I am definitely going to try it with Bovril.

Well I made up some last week and this is what I did...

Made it up with veg stock tho next time I shall water it down abit more as it was a bit strong. Then I added a tin of mixed bean salad. Put a grind of chilli and garlic flakes in with a few dashes of tabassco for a kick. It was a scrummy lunch. Defo doing this again!

Well I made up some last week and this is what I did...

Made it up with veg stock tho next time I shall water it down abit more as it was a bit strong. Then I added a tin of mixed bean salad. Put a grind of chilli and garlic flakes in with a few dashes of tabassco for a kick. It was a scrummy lunch. Defo doing this again!

That sounds lovely, I have never thought of putting mixed beans in it. Guess what I'm having for lunch at work tomorrow!?!

have made mine up with marmite and chucked some gammon in for tomorro, will buy some mini babybel for tomorro

Back