cous cous

You are fine to use cous cous as a coating for meat/fish etc as a) it is part of a meal and b) you will likely be adding a 1/3 superfree especially if on extra easy.

It is synned when used in cakes/bread etc (same goes for chickpeas etc) because you are using it as a substitute for flour and these are usually snacks which are easy to over indulge on.
Fab! Thank you for clearing that up :D

More to the point how do u make these yummy sounding fish fingers xx
From what I understand you just make your cous cous up according to pack and allow to cool. Then slice a fillet of white fish into fish-finger-ish shapes (lol). When the cous cous is cool, dip the fish in beaten egg, then in the cous cous and bake in the oven until the fish is cooked and the cous cous has gone crispy.

Apparently, it's originally a Delia Smith recipe for salmon fillets, but easily adapted for fish fingers, chicken, etc. I haven't tried it yet, but I definitely will soon!

In fact, I've found the original recipe: Salmon with a Saffron Couscous Crust and Tomato & Olive Vinaigrette - Delia's recipes with Waitrose - Recipes - from Delia Online

Sounds yummy! :p

Back