CousCous help!

I usually let it cool. Then add mullerlite and berries. Mix it up then put in fridge for about half hour...

I know with magic porridge you add the muller to the porridge and leave overnight. I think you could do this with couscous but I havent...

That sounds lovely! I'm gonna try that tomoro thanx for posting it x

I add the yog while warm and micro for 30sec, so it's a bit like porridge. :)

well i made this today for my breakfast to take to work with me put it in my cool bag with my lunch and my fruit and left it on the side:p

D'oh!!! Oh well, never mind! :)

I absolutely LOVE cous cous and eat it all the time.

Different packets have different amounts, but for best results use this guide:

50g cous cous - 100ml liquid (Serves 1, as a side)
100g cous cous - 200ml liquid (Serves 2)
150g cous cous - 300ml liquid (Serves 3)
200g cous cous - 400ml liquid (Serves 4)

Use stock such a bouillion otherwise there is very little flavour. Simply put the dry cous cous in a pan, add the boiling stock, pop the lid on, and leave for 5 - 10 minutes. No need to put on the heat. Perfect!

Chopped cherry tomatoes added before you pour in the stock are divine, they warm up slightly and taste delicious.

I often cook a variety of frozen or fresh veg (peas, sweetcorn, green beans, spinach, brocolli - whatever you fancy) and mix them into the cous cous along with 42g low fat cheese (A choice). It is probably one of my favourite easy meals and a great way to get a third of your plate filled with super free foods.

A little soy sauce can add a ton of flavour. My partner loves to add tuna to his cous cous.

Another great way to have it is to roughly cube any veggies, such as red pepper, onion, carrot, sweet potato... most work. Put in an oven proof dish and sprinkle with salt, pepper and herbs if you fancy. Spray with fry light, toss, and cook for around 35 mins at 200C. Mix with cooked cous cous (made with bouillion) for a lovely summery hot dish.

FINALLY, another recipe I like is to slice chicken breasts and stuff with 71g garlic and herb philadelphia (A choice). Place sliced courgettes and cherry tomatoes on foil and the chicken breasts on top. Wrap the foil around the chicken and seal it to make little boats (wrap each breast individually). Pop in the oven and around 180C for 30 mins, then open the 'boats' and leave in the oven for another 10 or so minutes. Serve with bouillion and cherry tomato cous cous. The philapdelphia melts to form a lovely garlicky sauce and mixes with the cous cous. Mmmm!

Sorry to ramble. I just love cous cous and made the right way it can be so flavoursome, versatile and easy. Lots of people find it boring or tasteless, and I am a one woman cous cous crusader.

Hi there, I make home made chicken goujons using couscous!
Chop up your chicken breasts into goujons size pieces then either rub chicken bovril paste over chicken and then roll in the couscous ! You can coat the chicken in a beaten egg instead of chicken paste! Then spray your tray with fry lite and place goujons on tray and cook in oven for approx 20 mins! Delicious! You can also make up your homemade slimming world chips and cook at same time!!! Yum!!!!!

laurendo said:
Sorry to ramble. I just love cous cous and made the right way it can be so flavoursome, versatile and easy. Lots of people find it boring or tasteless, and I am a one woman cous cous crusader.

Thank you sooo much- no apologies needed!!! I'm loving the ideas- I definatly need to get creative!!! :)

I love couscous and eat loads of it, can't say I've ever had it for breakfast though. I tend to make loads of it and keep it in the fridge (it keeps really well for 2 to 3 days). I chop loads of vegetables quite small such as red, green and yellow peppers, corgettes, red onions, garlic, aubergine etc. put them all in a roasting tin, spray with fry light and put in the oven to roast. Once cooked I let them cool and then make up the couscous, I put 300g couscous in a bowl and add 350ml hot vegetable stock give it a good stir, cover and leave for 5 minutes. Once done and the veg have cooled I add them to the couscous and there it is a very filling sin free meal or snack whenever you want it. I have it for lunch with tuna, or ham or just on it's own when I'm hungry and just need to eat something.

Back