Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

Couscous....

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers - Discover Plan Recipes' started by Lainie10, 7 July 2010 Social URL.

1. Lainie10

Lainie10 Mini-Addict :)

Start Weight:
    18st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(2.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi People...

So...over the weekend, I discovered couscous for the first time... just wondering if anyone has any yummy suggestions as to what to do with it? I had it with onions in it, but looking for something bit more exciting??! lol :confused:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. blackwidow

blackwidow Gold Member

Start Weight:
    19st2lb
    Current Weight:
    19st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    13st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    WW
    you could make a tabbouleh with it - chop spring onions, tomatoes, cucumber, sprinkle with 2 tsp olive oil, some lemon juice and parsley and mix together.. its nice as a side dish.

I usually use cous cous as a lighter alternative to rice - its nice alongside curries, chillis etc x

4. Lainie10

Start Weight:
    18st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(2.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World

Ooooh that sounds scrumptious!!! :) I'm away all day tomorrow in London, and wanted to take something yummy for packed lunch lol :) Thanks, I'll try that one! :flowers:

5. Suz1506

Suz1506 Full Member

Start Weight:
    10st7lb
    Current Weight:
    9st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st9lb(6.12%)
    Diet:
    WW
    I like the Ainsley Harriott cous cous, my favourite is the citrus kick. It's only 1 point per serving (half a pack). I've tried the plain couscous adding flavouring but it always seems to come out tasting a bit bland!

6. purple_rain

purple_rain Silver Member

Diet:
    Slimmingworld
    I use chicken stock for my cous cous, it taste lovely.

x

7. Lainie10

Start Weight:
    18st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st7.5lb(2.94%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    ooh that's a good idea too... I'm still experimenting with it lol :) x

8. Hazykay

Hazykay Silver Member

Start Weight:
    16st4.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st7lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st10.0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11.5lb(17.29%)
    Diet:
    WW
    Morrisons do a morrocan spice in a packet and I use fry light, then fry off chopped onion, peppers, courgettes, spring onion, in fact anything thats lying about, then add a good tablespoon of spice, fry all off then add couscous and fry that for a minute or two then add chicken stock. I swear, it's AMAZING!!
    It's not 'spicy' but has spices in it if you know what I mean. It isn't chilli spice hot, but you have caraway, coriander, paprika etc. I also add a tablespoon of raisins or sultanas in for a little bit of sweetness

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.