Couscous....

Lainie10

Mini-Addict :)
Hi People...

So...over the weekend, I discovered couscous for the first time... just wondering if anyone has any yummy suggestions as to what to do with it? I had it with onions in it, but looking for something bit more exciting??! lol :confused:

you could make a tabbouleh with it - chop spring onions, tomatoes, cucumber, sprinkle with 2 tsp olive oil, some lemon juice and parsley and mix together.. its nice as a side dish.

I usually use cous cous as a lighter alternative to rice - its nice alongside curries, chillis etc x

you could make a tabbouleh with it - chop spring onions, tomatoes, cucumber, sprinkle with 2 tsp olive oil, some lemon juice and parsley and mix together.. its nice as a side dish.

I usually use cous cous as a lighter alternative to rice - its nice alongside curries, chillis etc x

Ooooh that sounds scrumptious!!! :) I'm away all day tomorrow in London, and wanted to take something yummy for packed lunch lol :) Thanks, I'll try that one! :flowers:

I like the Ainsley Harriott cous cous, my favourite is the citrus kick. It's only 1 point per serving (half a pack). I've tried the plain couscous adding flavouring but it always seems to come out tasting a bit bland!

ooh that's a good idea too... I'm still experimenting with it lol :) x

Morrisons do a morrocan spice in a packet and I use fry light, then fry off chopped onion, peppers, courgettes, spring onion, in fact anything thats lying about, then add a good tablespoon of spice, fry all off then add couscous and fry that for a minute or two then add chicken stock. I swear, it's AMAZING!!
It's not 'spicy' but has spices in it if you know what I mean. It isn't chilli spice hot, but you have caraway, coriander, paprika etc. I also add a tablespoon of raisins or sultanas in for a little bit of sweetness

Back