Couteaux on Cruise- target by December!

Chris - I was thinking of you today, went into co/op and found packs of fresh rhubarb reduced to £1.0 Hope you have managed to find some, not sure if it'd survive being sent in the post ;)

Went to a birthday BBQ today. I made some food to take and had a lovely fat free steak, resisted the gorgeous looking cake, survived an interrogation about my diet (and safety of it!) but had a couple of curried eggs ( boiled eggs, yolks mashed with light Mayo and curry powder) it was only because I was so hungry after a couple hrs :( feel bad but would have only been about a tsp Mayo. My first cheat - sob! ;) could have been so much worse so pleased with myself really :)

Weighed in this am and down 1lb. Am pleased as I was expecting a poss gain, hoping it'll speed up again over coming weeks.

Happy weekend all!

Hi Couteaux - congrats on -1. Dont worry about the mayo and dont feel bad it will be OK, it could have been much worse if you had eaten cake etc. You made the best of what you could have ...........
weigh-in tomorrow, will be happy with -1 but really hoping for -2. Fingers x.
No luck with the old rhubarb no dont think it would survive in the post. LOL - Im desperate for some fruit tho.
My OH reckons we have walked about 24 miles this week no bad eh .....
Im off to bed soon shattered with all the walking :)

CHRISR said:
Hi Couteaux just got to tell someone - ive LOST 4lbs. Can't believe it x have a good dukan sunday x

Oh my goodness, thats brilliant!! Well done :D what a fantastic loss, love this diet x

Day at home today. Will be cooking up some more muffins, they really are perfect for grabbing in the morning, v handy!

PV day

B - couple muffins, coffee, 2 eggs and grilled tomatoes (delish)

L - roast chicken, cauliflower, spinach, broccoli.

D - slow cooked shin of beef with pepper, courgette and tomatoes.

Hoorah, hooray - weighed in this morning and am now 14st exactly! It teetered on 13 something for a second, then settled on 14. Very happy indeed, so 9lbs lost in 11 days. Crikey, that would have taken me at least a month on any other plan. So motivating :D

Food has been so so today, bit hectic here & mind on the ridiculous riots going on.

B - muffins (again) ;)

L - cherry tomatoes, chicken breast

D - turkey stir fry

Hope everyone is safe!

We're off on a little holiday to stay with family tomorrow and at a hotel tomorrow night. Dinner is included (eeek!) I am already planning to speak to the chef and explain I am not allowed any wheat etc due to allergies and would be v happy with meat and veg.. ;)

I won't be drinking (though will really want to) but have decided I really can't deviate right now, I am too focussed and would be so disappointed.

So, won't be weighing until I get back (Saturday) but will hopefully have access to this out in the sticks.. ;) I might go crazy without minimins!

Food has been good last couple of days although I was too busy to make the muffins so didn't get to eat until 6pm tonight - bad!! I was amazed at how fine `i felt, even when taking kids out to 2 different restaurants.

Made a divine curry, chicken thighs, courgette, onion & no fat yoghurt with spice mix (no nasties) served with cauliflower smashed to look like rice. SO creamy, I was starting to think I had used to wrong stuff - nope, just v yummy :D

Right, must start packing - eeeek!

Quick update from me, hardly any net connection here.

I've been ridiculously good, not deviated once despite many, many, many temptations and people saying "oh go on, surely you can have one?" but don't think I am eating enough. Not on purpose, really not having the opportunity. Making me a bit grumpy if I'm honest. I am hungry and need to remedy that.

Had dinner at the hotel on fri and had no starter, seafood salad for my meal and no pudding. My halo is gleaming ;) feeling weirdly big though.

Hoping to do better tomorrow, should be easier as I'll be more in charge of what I am eating.

Won't be weighing until sat to make sure I am on same scales.

Hope everyone is good :) x

Can see your halo shining :) well done.
You must try to eat more, pure protein also ad this will up your weight loss.
It can be tough sometimes I agree, I've had a busy weekend getting sorted for our Hols next Saturday and really haven't felt hungry but have stopped to make sure I get a good level of protein in and my Oatbran.
Have a great week xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Well I've not done too well. It was my birthday on Monday, just ate chicken (lots) and my oatbran in yoghurt- felt pretty low all day and it turned out to be a virus brewing, so spent yesterday Ill in bed and didn't eat a thing.

Really can't face chicken at mo and that is my main food when I need a quick meal! Any ideas v welcome :)

Still not eating enough here, cant face much at mo and haven't been able to get out to buy things. Not happy at the amount I am eating and hope it doesn't do too much damage to my progress.

Will really try harder tomorrow, and we're off home which should help.

Feeling a bit rubbish in general, pretty low, can't sleep etc. The break away has been rather stressful, full of illness and generally not what we had planned.

I had a few negative comments about my diet from family, but I'm just putting them to one side, I know I am doing the right thing for my health and can't wait to see their reaction when I reach target. If anything it encourages me more :D

Right, moan over -promise to be more positive and to eat more protein tomorrow x

Hi Couteaux
Hope you will feel better soon. I didnt eat enough yesterday but sometimes its just the circumstances so dont worry I know you will do brilliantly and before long your family will be able to see it too
;););)

I'm sorry you're feeling unwell and low... so chicken isn't particularly appetising right now to you, so perhaps try to treat yourself with something you like? A prawn omelette? Bake something with veggies?

It's tough when people criticise our diet choices but their jaws will soon be dropping when they see your progress.

Take care of yourself, and work out some menus that you do fancy eating...

Yes try omelettes or scrambled egg on Dukan toast. Quick to make if you r feeling mouldy. Add steamed asparagus or broccoli and it's quite comforting as well as balanced. Or bake some salmon in foil, also quick and easy. Add herbs to the packet.

Thanks all for the great suggestions.

Why didn't I think of omelettes? I kept thinking eggs would be good, but couldn't think what to do with them. My foodie brain was definitely not at home ;)

Feeling bit better today, we are home and I made sure we stopped off at the shops to get supplies so there is food I can grab (at last!)

I'm on a PV day and have eaten:
Lots of delicious cherry tomatoes
Runner beans with celeriac and some beef
sliced turkey

The veg was gorgeous and it feels good to actually have some proper food.

I'm really looking forward to making my muffins tomorrow :D

Thanks again for the help & support. Have missed being able to get on here everyday!

Woooooooooooop!!! Just weighed in this morning and am 13.10!! I am so pleased, finally under 14 stone and thrilled :D I have also managed to get into a pair of jeans that I used to hang on my wardrobe as motivation, I thought they looked tiny (now that they are actually on, not so tiny..) It is funny how our perceptions alter as we go along. When I was 16 stone plus, I thought I'd be happy if I could get into these jeans and that would be enough - now that I have them on and am living in my 'new' body, I know there is much further to go, but I am happy to be here and not my previous size. I just need to get better at appreciating and realising how far I have actually come.

So, I realise part of the loss may be due to being unwell for those days last week, but I was in a way expecting to have stayed the same as I was so full last night and really went to town on the veggies. ;)

Today food wise -

Making a few batches of muffins so I have some to freeze, sneaking a few as my breakfast.

L - omelette

D - Mixed grill: very lean pork tenderloin, steak, may try some chicken... ;)

Loads of water - need to get back to having more, I haven't had enough the last few days.

Have a wonderful Saturday all :D

Last edited:
Congratulations!

I got into my "Life would be so much better if I could slim into this new pair of trousers" 2 weeks ago. Now they are positively baggy!

Heres to the next mini goal!

Tessa

Thanks Tessa and Congrats on your 14lbs off!! Fantastic :D

I took my 6 and 4 year old to see The Smurfs today at the cinema. I wish I'd been on a PV day, would have been easier snacks wise but ended up buying some sliced beef and chicken (chicken an I are friends again now) ;) my children fully enjoyed their popcorn...

I read an interesting article yesterday all about Food rage, being on a diet and getting angry about things. It really summed me up at the mo.

I realised I would normally be comforting myself with bread/chocolate/cake/wine(!) as I've been feeling a bit c*ap the last couple weeks, stresses at home, not feeling v supported or valued. Anyhoo, as those foods are off limits, I have on occasion been a bit of a miserable cow at home.

As I have no intention of indulging in those foods and making myself feel worse, I need to work on dealing with said issues, (very good at burying my head in the sand unfortunately)

Back to food :D

Breakfast - couple slices chicken

Lunch - muffins, steak

Dinner - I'm going out with a very good friend who is 100% supporting me on this, so it'll be very Dukan friendly :)

Back