CPL's time to slim, for good.

CPL

Dukan Veteran
Hi, better start my diary so i can start to log my journey with Slimming World.
I have already lost weight with the Dukan diet, but i feel i need to have a bit of a change now as im missing the fruit and veg.

I am a serial dieter done all the usual suspects, my last attempt at SW wasnt very successful, but my friend in work has said its all different now to when i did it last, so here i am again. Im finding it ok, although my loss isnt as great as i thought it would be but i suppose a loss is a loss.

I have been writing in my food diary. I have been struggling a bit and need a bit of support and encouragement to keep me on track. I find the diary sheets hard to follow when your menu planning so i have devised my own so i know what i am eating at each meal.

Today has been a good day, i have made a SW Turkey Meatloaf and a chicken roast dinner that had the SW treatment.

I have down loaded the podcasts from the NHS Choices website couch to 5K and have made a start on the first session.

Hope everyone has had a fab Sunday! x

Weighed in today, cant believe ive stayed the same for the second week running!! My friend reckons its because im not used to eating rice and pasta etc and its taking a while for my body to adjust, i cant see it myself though. Ive been reaaly good, ive completed diary sheets every day even used the online diaries. Ive cooked meals from scratch. The only thing i can think of is that ive not had enough water and ive only exercised once this week due to other pressures of work, family and weather!!

My consultant has given me SAS sheets to fill in this week to see what eating patterns i have, so will give it a go and see what happens. If i dont lose next week im going to have to give up, im hanging on, just!

Your friend is right - it could be the complete change of plan that's upsetting your system.

Writing your food diary down will help too - I still do mine every day after nearly 2 years on and off the diet, just so I don't forget those syns that sneak under the radar.

I found with EE that I wasn't getting enough syns in - and was often missing my HEAs (don't like milk, so it's always cheese). That wasn't because I was trying to be super good, it was just that I was eating lots of superfree with my meals and trying to snack on superfree too - so I just wasn't hungry.

After two weeks of what I thought was excellent on-plan eating which resulted in a 1lb loss followed by a 1lb gain, my consultant suggested I had one week of having all my HEs and averaging at least 8 syns a day - and I lost 2lbs!

Hopefully she will see something in your SAS log which will pinpoint the potential problem. Good luck!

Maybe post your food diary on here, a lot of us are happy to give a helping hand and point out anything that might not be quite right :)

Life at the moment i so busy, i dont now if im coming or going half the time which doesnt help when your trying to be good and planning the meals for the day.

Yesterday started well, then got to work and there were chocolates and biscuits everywhere. I managed to resist but after a very stressful day,it got to 4pm and that was it, i succumbed to rowntrees pick and mix and a load of chocolate, just couldnt stop.

Today has been much better, had a good breakfast and lunch before going out shopping. My friend brough some cous cous cake into to work, all syn free so im going to have a go at that tomorrow. x

Syn free cake is a no no, it not syn free after all, so i decided to make it with boiled rice, but apparently thats a no no too, but it does taste really nice.

I am losing the plot quite quickly, i dont think ive ever fully understood what im supposed to be doing on this plan, people say theres loads to eat and nothing is forbidden, but apparently you cant have cous cous in a cake!!

ive no syns left today coz ive eaten too much, i think i may be getting hung up too much on syns, maybe i need to just not have any for the time being so i get used to the plan a bit better?

Hi Collette - There are different views about using things like couscous and rice in a cake. The strict SW view would be that you would have to syn the couscous or rice (or mashed potato in a smash pizza etc etc) because you are not eating the food as it is intended to be eaten. So boiled rice with a curry or chilli as part of your main meal is fine, but boiled rice in a cake is classed as a cheat, or food abuse and therefore should be synned.

Some people ignore this rule and eat couscous cake and smash pizzas without synning them and still lose weight... so it's really up to you how strict you want to be.

It is confusing, but the basic rule is - if it's a superfree or free food and you're eating it in it's unprocessed state, as it is meant to be eaten, then it's free or superfree. If you've done something with it to tweak the plan, then it's not.

Personally I tend to avoid the 'cheats' because if I was going to eat cake then I'd rather have the real thing and syn it accordingly. You could try a weetabix cake, which is lush - and fairly low syn!

In your first few weeks, you are probably better off getting to grips with the basic plan - so stick to the one-third superfree rule, have your healthy extras and have up to 15 syns a day, but try not to tweak the plan too much until you've got your head round it.

Hope that helps! x

That does help thanks. I think im looking to make this more difficult than it has to be, part of my system of self sabotage, if i tell myself its too hard and i dont lose weight, i say i cant do it and give up. I suppose identifying this as a problem means i can try and work it out.

Im still keeping my diary which does help. Ive been cooking, ive made SW Roulade which has gone down well with the family too.

Tomorrow is going to be another simple day!! Always the optimist x

Wednesday weigh in was a pound off, still not very happy with the loss but it want a gain or a sts so cant complain too much. Trying very hard to stay on track but its not easy, i reckon i have far too much choice!!

Made choc and raspberry roulade and a chicken lasagne today

Today i went out to Nandos and thought that i had made some good choices but apparently according to the SW online i didnt. I had chicken wrap with the mashed pea thingy side dish and rice, then as it was my friends birthday i had choc cheesecake and a splash of cream, god knows what the syn count is but tomorrow is another day and im not expecting to lose anything this week after having a weekend of excess too!!

Not had any tea tonight as i think ive eaten enough today weetabix and milk for breakfast this morning.

Im off work all week so no excuse not to eat better the rest of the week. ive decided im going to take the scenic route and im not going to try not to stress about not losing weight. The more stressed i get the more likely i am to over eat.

Tomorrow is a new day!!

Another day off work, took my poorly mum shopping then we went for lunch, after the last debacle at Nandos i decided to go to the Harvester. Lots of salad chicken breast with new potatoes and peas followed by fruit skewers and lemon sorbet.

Weigh in today and another pound bites the dust!!

Food choices for today
B 2 slices bread with XL philly HA+HB
L chicken new potatoes and peas with salad. Fruit salad and lemon sorbet.
D syns free sausages and baked beans, mullerlight
syns
pink and white
freddo
sorbet 1 scoop.

Another day off work, took my poorly mum shopping then we went for lunch, after the last debacle at Nandos i decided to go to the Harvester. Lots of salad chicken breast with new potatoes and peas followed by fruit skewers and lemon sorbet.

Weigh in today and another pound bites the dust!!

Food choices for today
B 2 slices bread with XL philly HA+HB
L chicken new potatoes and peas with salad. Fruit salad and lemon sorbet.
D syns free sausages and baked beans, mullerlight
syns
pink and white
freddo
sorbet 1 scoop.

Yay for another pound off! I see you like the pink and whites too, I take off the wafers and eat them first, then let the marshmallow melt in my mouth mmmm, a good sweet fix. Have you tried the banana bread? is so lovely, and a recipe I have cooked that went as planned lol x

Yay, indeedy do! lol

The pink and whites were recommended in class, so tried them today. 50p in asda or 89p in home and bargain for 14. Somebody said that they are lovely warmed up in the microwave for about 10 seconds, go all gooey. mmmm.

I dont do bananas, cant stand them, food of the devil lol I have tried on many occasions but just dont like the taste, the smell or the texture of them.:( The banana bread sounds fab maybe i could change the banana for something else?

Another NSV to add.
Today i purchased a beautiful purple/pink butterfly wrap over dress from Next in a size 14!! Not only is it a smaller size it only cost me £15 what a bargain!!:D

Yay, indeedy do! lol

The pink and whites were recommended in class, so tried them today. 50p in asda or 89p in home and bargain for 14. Somebody said that they are lovely warmed up in the microwave for about 10 seconds, go all gooey. mmmm.

I dont do bananas, cant stand them, food of the devil lol I have tried on many occasions but just dont like the taste, the smell or the texture of them.:( The banana bread sounds fab maybe i could change the banana for something else?

Someone on the thread made it with apple and carrot, that sounds yum too x

Today i have been cooking, ive made 30 mini muffins that works out to be 7 syns for the whole lot!! Salmon sushi 1.5 syns the lot and syn free vanilla rice pudding.

Ill have to put a pic up of my new dress. I got it from the Next clearance shop in the Outlet Village, couldnt believe the price of it and the fact it was a 14 and fits!

The weather here is kak snowing by the bucket load, just glad im off work this week and dont have to drive although i did have to take my son to school this morning very cautiously might i add. x

B weetabix milk and blueberries
L half a portion of Salmon Sushi, vanilla rice pudding
D prawns, salmon, mussels, stir fry peppers onions mushrooms
S orange, strawberries, apple
HXs milk and weetabix

Syns
sushi 0.5
pink and whites 2 syns
4 mini muffins (1 syn)

Back