Cramping

Samalama

I really do not know what to make of all this. For the last 2 days I have been having bursts of cramping, almost like period pains but it's nowhere near my TOTM. I get a little lower back ache as well at the same time.

Yesterday I got them twice each about 3 hours after eating and I wanted to double up - the aches were lower abdomen I guess you would call it. Today I got it just before having lunch with my boss but I didn't want her to think I was ill or anything, I was off work last week for 2 days with a bad back and I don't want her to think that I am sickly person, you know? So I just took a couple of deep breaths and some water and ate my lunch and it seemed to pass.

Sorry if this is TMI but where else do I ask questions like this? I was worried last Friday about my bloating and thought I may be a little constipated. I wasn't completely backed-up but just not as regular.

I went to the pharmacist yesterday and he told me to take some wind-eze for during the day and then senekot dual last night, not sure if that was the right thing to do.

Anyway has anyone else suffered the same thing? Are these normal symptoms for someone who has probably gone from eating 3 big meals a day, high fat, carb and Protein content with snacks and not a lot of fresh fruit and veg to a 1200 cals a day?

What do you all think?

I really have no idea but it could be your body getting used to the new foods?

I have IBS and often get the symptoms that you are describing, but that's when i've been eating crap not the opposite!

I would make sure your drinking lots of water and carry on as you are with the food because i'm sure you will adjust given a bit more time. Could also be that you are getting more fibre than you are used to?

Sorry i can't help more :eek:

Get to a doctor and ask for an ultrasound!!!! Trust me I am coming from experience!! That was exactly how my pain started, that carried on for about 3 weeks or so until I collapsed on the hall floor in agony and had to call an ambulance, after staying in hospital for 5 days on fluids and morphine I was diagnosed with acute pancreatitis and gallstones, came out last Wednesday and am now on the urgent waiting list to have my gall bladder removed... Whilst both of these can hit any one at any time a common trigger is losing quite a lot if weight in a relatively short amount of time. I did 4 stone in 4.5 months.

It could just be cramp or trapped wind but if it isn't and it is gallstones then it needs sorting ASAP as I wouldn't wish that pain on anyone, they told me I was about 48 hours away from intensive care, trust me, you don't want to get there! Just best to get it checked out, sorry if that was scare mongering or a bit full on!!! Xxxx

Hi Emma - much better no problem at all, I only had to use the Senekot for 2 nights. I increased my water content and I went to see the doctor who told me that he considered it to be one of two things:

1. Pain due to constipation and bloating because of drastic change in diet
2. Whilst I was mid cycle he also felt it could have been due to my coming off the pill after 21 years... he made me come off Marvelon in November which I was devastated about but he said with my age and weight it was best, but I had never had any problems with it... he then put me on Cerazette which whilst it was brilliant for my mood swings, it caused me to have bad acne at age 42 that was not cool LOL and I put on a stone since November... I was going to see if I could try something else but I thought to the heck with it, I'll just come off it and let my body run it's natural cause

It's been 5 days since I felt the pain and I do feel a lot better in myself generally.

Thank you so much for checking in on me {hug}

Hi honey, I had awful stomach ache when I started and was always on the loo! (TMI) Just wondering are you off cerazette now? I take that (they seem to give that pill to overweight women) but I am getting a lot of spots on my face, didnt know that was a side effect? x

Hi honey, I had awful stomach ache when I started and was always on the loo! (TMI) Just wondering are you off cerazette now? I take that (they seem to give that pill to overweight women) but I am getting a lot of spots on my face, didnt know that was a side effect? x

Hey sweets, good to know I wasn't the only one.

Yes definitely off Cerazette now thankfully - whilst I loved not having a period for the 6 months I was on it, it definitely attributed to my weight gain since Xmas because not even that amount of Quality Street could have made that much difference ;) Oh and don't get me started on the acne...it came up all over my cleaveage and on the back of my neck by my hair line plus more on my forehead than usual. I did read up on it and acne is a side effect.

However what I didn't realise was how emotional Marvelon had made me, I've always been a crybaby but I used to cry if anything went wrong at work because I put a lot of pressure on myself to get things right but as soon as I came off Marvelon I've not had one little meltdown at work.

My mood swings feel good now too being off contraception full stop.

I have to say I'm not in the mood for sex at the moment because I don't much like my body but when I get a good weight loss and I feel more comfortable I'll see whether or not I need to go back on to some other suitable form of contraception.

I do feel good but I think I need to start taking some good vitamins etc

That lovely blond dr Dr Christian thingybobwotsit says that anything that is not your "normal" bodily function is either constipation or diarrhroea.
So if you're normally a 1 or 2 a day person any change in that needs to be rectified.
By the same token if you normally go 1 or 3 times a week and start going every day that also needs to be look at as you could be losing good enzymes from your gut!
And wee should almost always be almost clear! The minute it'scoloured to the eye you're already dehydrated, it's an easy way to check how much fluid a child is getting. No child should have yellow wee!

Ooh how strange, I had a rash on the back of neck too. It didn't go so doc gave me steroid cream, that shifted it. I was sure it was the pill but as it's not come back I changed my mind. The not having periods is fab, and I don't want any nasty surprises! But I really want to come off it x

Back