Cramps

yyx99

Today had a severe cramp attack. have been getting them since started last week, but have dealt with them with deep heat and streching.

but todays were quite painful, so drank a glass of tonic water. Ive read thats bad. how will it effect me on the LT.

I have taken slim line tonic for leg cramp in the past and it has not taken me out of ketosis.

This time round I seem to of escaped having leg cramp.

I wonder is it because I am a lot more active, therefore better circulation? or that I make sure to keep warm at night...not sure why it is myself.

The Cambridge Diet is a similar diet to Lipotrim and this is what they have to say about cramps in their frequently asked questions page.
(Sole Source is the same as TFR)

A few people are prone to cramp while using the Diet as their Sole Source of nutrition. It is not caused by the diet itself, but by the increased throughput of fluid in the body’s tissues. The muscle spasms result from changes in sodium levels as the water shifts between cells. The remedy for most people is to keep warm, whilst a drink of slimline tonic water just before bedtime may also help, as it contains quinine – as may "Crampex" tablets.

cambridge company history

Love Mini xxx

Can't help on the tonic front but I can sympathise and say I suffered terribly in the first week too.
It was awful. Every evening and during the night.

Then it stopped?!

Don't want to tempt fate too much but I've not had any since week 1 and boy, is it a relief!!

So, hopefully, it will pass for you too x

If it doesn't stop on its own you could always try crampex - it's been a life saver for me

xx

Vickie L
had some bad cramps earlier at work, but o.k know.
sneaked on the scales they have at work. had signed up for their slimathon.. for more motivation.

Looks like im loosing a lb a day. but will see on Friday

Today had a severe cramp attack. have been getting them since started last week, but have dealt with them with deep heat and streching.

but todays were quite painful, so drank a glass of tonic water. Ive read thats bad. how will it effect me on the LT.

Cramp can happen if you drink too much water, especially if you don't space it out. It dilutes your potassium and changes the electrolyte balance.

On Cambridge (which as mini says, is like LT), we can have a small tonic water to help with cramps. It's best to have it just before you go to bed so that if you do come out of ketosis, you have a nights sleep to recover :)

ooh i get calf cramp at night i might get some tonic for bed time

Vickie L
had some bad cramps earlier at work, but o.k know.
sneaked on the scales they have at work. had signed up for their slimathon.. for more motivation.

Looks like im loosing a lb a day. but will see on Friday

what a fab idea - what a great motivation, imagine how good you will feel at the end of it!

glad you're feeling a bit better hun, you're doing great! xx

Back