Crave ice cream?

I dicovered that if you freeze low fat sugar free yoghurt it tastes just like ice cream without the calories, fat or sugar :gimi:
I was so pleased with myself for discovering this.

oooo that sounds yum i think i may try it i have lots of yoghurts to use up hmmm good thinking :)

oooo that sounds nice!! :) i might try that soon :D

But it usually is hard like an icecube.
Anyone know how to do something like a real ice cream? more... creamy? :D

Thanks for sharing this...I think I'll wait till summer before trying though as I'm freezing cold at the mo ;)

But it usually is hard like an icecube.
Anyone know how to do something like a real ice cream? more... creamy? :D

I tried freezing a mullerlight one on recommendation...god almighty it was like a big bullet!!! Wonder if low fat creme fraiche would work better? :confused:

I do that with muller light chocolate sprinkled range, the orange flavour is especially yummy when frozen!

Emm, good ideas!

Grab a cheap ice-cream maker off eBay lol we got one a few years ago for the kids! Gonna have to dust that bad boy off an crank it up!!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I've been doing this for years, there's a bit of a trick to it!

If you don't like the big ice crystals that form in the yogurt, give the pot a good shake before it goes in and shake it every couple of hours afterwards (if possible!) it's like making ice-cream, which also needs stirring :)

Depending on your freezer you might not want to leave them in all that long, I find about 4 to 6 hours is a good time, but YMMV. If they've been in there ages, I take them out a couple of hours before I want to eat 'em so they are not rock-solid.

I love my improvised 'ice cream' !

Wow, that's different. Will have to give it a try!

i'm very lucky i don't crave stuff that are sweet. yes i like ice cream but i mostly crave foods that are high in salt :/ fav ice cream tho is cookies n cream as well butter pecan:D

I had this tonight - Breyers Mint Chip Ice Cream - it's currently on offer in Tesco for £2.50 a 500ml tub rather than a fiver.

Genuinley didn't tell the difference from it to normal mint choc chip - it was LOVELY! it's 340 cals a tub or 170 for half a tub - worth every calorie! Going to stock up for Christmas!

Failing that when I was doing SW we used to freeze the areo/rolo/milkybar etc little tubs of mousse and eat them as ice cream.

I'm not into the Breyers, I find it too watery/icy. I do love Halo Top and Oppo though. They are our weekend treat

Back