Craving a kebab?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by LittleBottle, 2 November 2008 Social URL.

1. LittleBottle

LittleBottle Where's Skinny Minnie?

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.68%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Following a discussion last night (where OH wanted to get a kebab but we plumped for chinese as I know where I am synwise with that), I started thinking about things that I ate when doing low carb and how they could be used for red days. I have been sticking to mainly green as one of the reasons I struggled with low carb is that I am not a huge meat eater and chicken for every meal gets dull. However... while low carbing there were several substitutes for "normal" food which I loved. Hence Syn Free SW Kebab.

Take 450g of lamb chunks place in a coverable ovenproof dish and add 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tsp salt, 1 tsp rosemary, 1 tsp marjoram, 1/2 tsp black pepper and 3 cloves of crushed garlic. Mix well and chill for 2-3 hours to infuse the flavours.
    Preheat the oven to gas mark 5, cook covered for approximately 30 minutes (or to your preference).

Tzatziki Sauce
    8oz of virtually fat free natural yogurt
    1 medium cucumber (peeled and seeded)
    1 tbsp lemon juice
    1/2 tbsp dill
    2 cloves garlic peeled
    salt and pepper

Blend until smooth.

Serve with salad (shredded cabbage and onion etc. to be authentic to the chippy style).

If preferred with a pitta then add 7.5 syns. Same goes if you're a chilli sauce / mayo lover, go for it but add syns accordingly. I like mint and that's free providing it's the stuff with no sugar added.

Yummy! :eatdrink023:

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. nannydi

nannydi wants a new body

Start Weight:
    21st4lb
    Current Weight:
    18st0lb
    Goal Weight:
    15st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4lb(15.44%)
    Diet:
    slimming world
    sonds yummy might just have to try that sooner rahter than later
    xx

4. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Personally, I would choose kebab over chinese on SW! I reckon you can't go wrong on a red day with a lamb or chicken shish with loads salad (no pita) and some chilli sauce. It would be free apart from negligible syns from the chilli sauce. In fact, it's what I have for my red day lunches when I'm working and stuck for what to eat.

5. princessria

princessria is a pirate arrrgggghhhh

Start Weight:
    14st8lb
    Current Weight:
    14st3.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st4.5lb(2.21%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    good god your a genius i am going home to try that and i am having a pitta bread and mayo just to see if it tastes the sameish lol

6. LittleBottle

LittleBottle Where's Skinny Minnie?

Start Weight:
    12st11lb
    Current Weight:
    12st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st3lb(1.68%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Ooh would definitely have gone for a shish Stacey, unfortunately our local is a cheapo chippy variety with doner or chicken stuff off the old rotating elephant leg on a stick :(

7. StaceyUK

StaceyUK Gold Member

Start Weight:
    18st1.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Ewwwwwwww! Prob better with a chinese then! Good call!

Thanks for the recipe too BTW!

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.