craving daysssss

lynnt

Does this happen to anyone else, post menopausal but every now and then I have the urge to just eat and can't find anything to take the cravings away, happens around 2/3 times a year so it's not so bad, but it happened this week, and even though I was trying to stick to "free" stuff I know I didn't manage it, so wed/thurs will have done some damage, weigh in tomorrow but my batteries have gone in the scales so need to go get some new ones, damage so far unknown.
Ah well, will start again monday, out all day tomorrow so I'm sure more damage is on it's way:4633:

Just a thought.....It depends what you are craving. I have my hormone cravings but a couple or three times a year I get other cravings and its usually because I'm lacking in something. When I crave dark chocolate I also tend to crave cabbage, its iron. Prawns eggs shellfish is zinc. Not worked out what black pepper is yet tho but I will cover everything I eat in it as the craving is so strong. There are quite a few things that I will get really strong urges for, I will be trying to choose the healthiest item to meet my need now tho

hi there i get this as well but mines about once a month lol very hard to stop the cravings it's usally for chocolate i try going without but binge on everything else in sight and still have the craving i think i should just allow myself some chocolate within my syns allowance in the first place then i wouldn't need to binge (well thats the theory ha ha ):eek:

i think i should just allow myself some chocolate within my syns allowance in the first place then i wouldn't need to binge (well thats the theory ha ha ):eek:

Valerie it makes perfect sense to do that. I have a chocolate wafer (82 cals) and a pack of quavers (87 cals) marked in for every single day, I can then eat them guilt free and without going over on my calories. I'm nearly 11 weeks in and haven't binged or gone over my 1200 cals once and its not thru sheer will power, its purely because allowing it takes away the craving. I don't always have them, but if I dont then I subtract the calories. Working for me so far...the only thing i've really craved is black pudding (iron) had cabbage instead, and prawns (zinc) can eat loads of these guilt free anyway

Back