Attack Cravings?

Discussion in 'Dukan Recipes' started by Pumpkin31, 6 August 2011 Social URL.

1. Pumpkin31

Pumpkin31 Full Member

I just wanted to ask if any of you experience carb cravings on this diet? I'm not hungry (had fat free yoghurt and oatbran for brekkie) but I'd rip somebodies arm off for a slice of toast (bread has always been my weakness). Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Or even if you did experience these and they went after a while? Least I'd know there was light at the end of the tunnel? Ta x

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Pumpkin31

Pumpkin31 Full Member

Sorry just realised I pistachios in recipes, don't know how to move it :-( x

4. Pumpkin31

Pumpkin31 Full Member

Bl00day iPhone! I posted this not pistachios. Ooohh the irony :) x

5. wkdstepmum

wkdstepmum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Are you on attack?! If not, see the BLT recipe below which involves making a little Dukan Bread, but the whole process takes 5 mins including cooking and it is a much needed substitute for 'normal' bread. I loved it, not sure how often I can have it but just knowing it's a possibility is great! :)

6. Pumpkin31

Pumpkin31 Full Member

Yep, I'm on day 3 of 7 day attack :-( was just reading the blt thingy actually. Think that will be my brekkie on Wednesday. Will just try not to think a bout it until then. X

7. wkdstepmum

wkdstepmum Silver Member

Start Weight:
    10st5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st6lb(4.14%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Oh you're only on day 3! Don't worry, the carb cravings should subside for you tomorrow-ish x Keep drinking lots of water and maybe fill in your stats so people can see your current weight, goal weight etc and can get a better idea of your needs...makes it easier for advice x

8. dukandebut

dukandebut Goat herder(ess)

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    7st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(22.86%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    I absolutely love predictive text errors - they can be such classics! :D

9. Ladymahayla

Ladymahayla Full Member

Start Weight:
    12st4lb
    Current Weight:
    10st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    2st0lb(16.28%)
    Welcome to Dukan

Hello :) welcome to Dukan!!
    I'm on week 9 now and have lost 23lbs. I did 5 days of attack although should only have done 2!!
    The biggest boost for me was the immediate super quick weight lost. Everytime I felt like reaching for the chocolate I just remembered how much weight I'd lost and how I didn't want to spoil it. I weigh up the 'how much will I enjoy this' with 'will I still have enjoyed it when I'm 1-2lb heavier tomorrow'?
    You need to remember that this diet isn't forever. Once you are at your goal weight you will be able to have bread again. By following the plan to the letter you'll get to your goal quicker and then, be able to have the bread. If you keep slipping it'll take even longer.
    Have a look at the recipe thread I've created for some yummy recipes to see you through.
    Good luck with your journey and let me know if I can help.
    The cravings will pass but still crop up every so often :)

10. stmcalee01

stmcalee01 Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st2lb
    Current Weight:
    13st2lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st4lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Clean eating
    Good advice ladymahayla.

ps congrats on your fab weight loss!

11. unsupersizeme

unsupersizeme Member

Start Weight:
    12st3.5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st11.5lb(14.87%)
    Diet:
    dukan
    it will pass

Agree with the others, the cravings will pass especially as you get into the habit of not eating carbs (if you know what I mean) I'm just going into wk 3 now and feeling fab, you will too if you keep it up x

ps my favourite predictive text change is when I type in Mens and it comes up oder!!!!!
    Love it! x

12. Pumpkin31

Pumpkin31 Full Member

Thank you all for your support but I really dont think dukkan and me mix well.

So for now I'm hanging up my Dukan book (well putting back on my shelf) and just going to try healthy eating and seriously upping my exercise. Although I can say I've learnt the importance of protein on this diet, something I've got to continue with.

Thank you all for your support and words of wisdom. Good luck! X

13. dukandebut

dukandebut Goat herder(ess)

Start Weight:
    10st0lb
    Current Weight:
    7st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    8st1lb
    Lost(%):
    2st4lb(22.86%)
    Diet:
    Dukan
    Hope the healthy eating works well for you, Pumpkin. I'm a great believer in exercise, too. As you say, maybe some of what you've learnt on Dukan might also help.

Good luck, and please drop by to let us know how you get on. :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.