Attack Cravings?

Pumpkin31

I just wanted to ask if any of you experience carb cravings on this diet? I'm not hungry (had fat free yoghurt and oatbran for brekkie) but I'd rip somebodies arm off for a slice of toast (bread has always been my weakness). Any tips would be greatly appreciated. Or even if you did experience these and they went after a while? Least I'd know there was light at the end of the tunnel? Ta x

Are you on attack?! If not, see the BLT recipe below which involves making a little Dukan Bread, but the whole process takes 5 mins including cooking and it is a much needed substitute for 'normal' bread. I loved it, not sure how often I can have it but just knowing it's a possibility is great! :)

Yep, I'm on day 3 of 7 day attack :-( was just reading the blt thingy actually. Think that will be my brekkie on Wednesday. Will just try not to think a bout it until then. X

Oh you're only on day 3! Don't worry, the carb cravings should subside for you tomorrow-ish x Keep drinking lots of water and maybe fill in your stats so people can see your current weight, goal weight etc and can get a better idea of your needs...makes it easier for advice x

Welcome to Dukan

Hello :) welcome to Dukan!!
I'm on week 9 now and have lost 23lbs. I did 5 days of attack although should only have done 2!!
The biggest boost for me was the immediate super quick weight lost. Everytime I felt like reaching for the chocolate I just remembered how much weight I'd lost and how I didn't want to spoil it. I weigh up the 'how much will I enjoy this' with 'will I still have enjoyed it when I'm 1-2lb heavier tomorrow'?
You need to remember that this diet isn't forever. Once you are at your goal weight you will be able to have bread again. By following the plan to the letter you'll get to your goal quicker and then, be able to have the bread. If you keep slipping it'll take even longer.
Have a look at the recipe thread I've created for some yummy recipes to see you through.
Good luck with your journey and let me know if I can help.
The cravings will pass but still crop up every so often :)

Good advice ladymahayla.

ps congrats on your fab weight loss!

it will pass

Agree with the others, the cravings will pass especially as you get into the habit of not eating carbs (if you know what I mean) I'm just going into wk 3 now and feeling fab, you will too if you keep it up x

ps my favourite predictive text change is when I type in Mens and it comes up oder!!!!!
Love it! x

Thank you all for your support but I really dont think dukkan and me mix well.

So for now I'm hanging up my Dukan book (well putting back on my shelf) and just going to try healthy eating and seriously upping my exercise. Although I can say I've learnt the importance of protein on this diet, something I've got to continue with.

Thank you all for your support and words of wisdom. Good luck! X

Back