Cravings....

slinky1131

My cravings were awful at the start but have calmed down a bit....until today. Man I want some grub today. And I want evil things like:
I'd like those caramel waffle biscuits And some onion rings. And a Creme egg. And some smarties. And a crunchie. And some plain walkers crinkles. And a panini with smoked chicken salad. And pancakes with butter...And some curly fries and a Thai red curry. And a special fish. And a pie from chip shop and a pie from greggs with gravy and hot caramel apple granny and ice cream....
Not that I've been thinking about it much!!!! Own worst enemy me :-(

they seem to have coincided bringing out a ton of new things with me being on this diet!!! All those new kitkat flavours to try..... Oh and today I had to rush past the cleverly-placed offer crap in Tesco (was carrying a bag of veg for me and the kids, very virtuous!) OMG- allsorts, jaffa cakes, pepsi max, choc bics, sodding jelly sweets all on offer. Could have bought maybe 1000 cals worth of stuff for the cost of my packs and veg today! Grr grr.

Perhaps I'm odd though, I tend to crave more packs all the time. Just had a choc shake and could have it again right now!

There's a big difference between actual hunger and the 'head hunger' which we get sometimes. I think that's one of the benefits of this type of diet. It takes you away from conventional food and gives you the time to recognise your relationship to it and why you eat sometimes. Are you more emotional at the moment? More content than normal? Why is it now that you want something? If you can identify that then you can recognise situtions which are likely to be challenging in the future and that is one step closer to identifying coping mechanisms which will help you keep the weight off afterwards! Basically I'm saying that this is fantastic as it lets you learn things which could help the weight loss to be for life.

MiniM - I used to really crave the packs too - particularly the bars and that really worried me. However, I found after maybe 3 months on the programme that the packs became a lot less important to me. It was quite freeing! Hoping to keep some of that when I'm back on food!

I had cravings this week. I've been on 4 packs and no veg for 7 months now and this week I've moved to 3 packs, protein and veg. On the second day I really wanted my proper meal. I had it an hour earlier than usual because I really wanted it - not because I was hungry. Even after I'd had it I still really wanted food. A couple of hours later I had a bar for supper (although it was only 7pm!). I was fine after that. I have been fine since then too. I think it's because it was so long since I'd eaten and I had so enjoyed my food the day before. I was also in on my own and was a bit bored - dangerous for me.

For me I think my major things are loneliness and boredom eating. When I'm sat at home by myself all I want to do is eat and eat. Yet when I stayed with my friend I had to be reminded to eat even though we spent most the day sat round doing nothing.

I'm a comfort eater..eat when I'm sad..eat when I'm happy..etc..etc so I can't win..lol.

Do you know what girls, everything listed in those first still posts will still be there in a few months, theyre not going anywhere...barr the kit kats (I've told my Mr to get some and hide them). Thats what I have to think of when im craving something and it does pass after a while x

I think I crave regular things when I see them- in Tesco I saw allsorts and I really really wanted them. But I left and got on with it. TBH I wouldn't have taken one if I was offered.

I dont crave unless someone is sat infront of me eating, like my partner right now eating my fave meal ever fajitas, damn him!!!! xx

I get cravings but never strong enough to make me feel close to breaking. I guess to a point it helps that I have been around food so much since starting. There are some things that cause serious salivation though!

I also have a little list of things I want to have during my break week. Help's as I'm not saying I can't have it just that I have to wait a while and I've already mentally reduced the portion size.

I'm hoping mine wont get to the point i feel like caving!! I'd say no as im desperate to lose weight so only time will tell :)

When are you taking a break hun? After how long? x

Taking a break on week 16 so 11th to 17th April. You're meant to take one after week 12 however I've shuffled mine back as that's when I'm going to be home with my parents and they don't know I'm doing this diet so need to be eating normally! I did do a day off last week though as a special thing with my friend which was really weird as I struggled to eat anything. The tiniest portion and I felt like exploding.

Ohhh i wasnt aware you need to take a break. Will have to have a good think about that in a couple of months.

Ahhh i bet you was!! Im suppose to be having 2 meals in one day :O (my birthday) on the 27th.. I may just be cancelling them, not sure if i fancy going through ketosis again so quickly after! xx

I don't think the break needs to be totally back onto food. If you have a look in the FAQ thread there's a thingy about it with suggestions you can do if you don't want to go totally back onto food.

Basically I think it's to help boost your metabolism again and the break after 12 weeks is NICE (health advice) guidelines.

Thanks. I'll have a look. I'm on wk 6 now and I have lost 2 stone. (bar 1lb!) my target weight is 2st 5lbs away now so I'm hoping I will reach my target before I need to break. I'd like to start maintaining as my intro to food. I agree with the mental hunger thing but I am usually needing a pack when I crave....also I used to eat when I was happy/sad/tired/elated/bored/excited. ANYTHING and EVERYTHING!!! It's hard to say goodby to the thing that's been both your best friend and enemy for a looooong time

I'm a comfort eater2...doing this diet is like letting go of an old friend, lol.

Back