cravings...

curlylow

are any of you feeling this;

you're just sitting there, relaxing, watchin the TV or what ever, not particulary hungry, and then suddenly get a vivid taste/smell of a certain food?? Its driving me nuts!!

will it stop? ppppppppplllllllllllleeeeeeaaaaaasssssssssseeeeeee

i've been really lucky so far and i'm not craving anything! But i suppose only being on day 2 there is plenty of time for cravings yet

At work on Friday I was sat at my desk, suer as day I could taste cheese on toast! I am having very vivid cravings - I know I'm not hungry and I don't feel especially hungry but I miss food. I can't remember thinking about food so much before starting LT - but maybe it was just less conciously then. I'm writing down all my cravings at the moment - not actively trying to think of food but if KFC or roast potatoes or butterscotch Angel Delight pops into my head I'm writing it down in my scrap book (which also has lots of reasons why I want to do this and a photo of me that I like that is a lot slimmer than I am now. Putting it down on paper seems quite therapeutic and I can rationalise what I want - roast potatoes for 5 minutes or a slim me by the end of the year and a new approach to food that will help me to never be in this situation again. And that helps put the roast potatoes to bed until the next craving pops up. :rolleyes:

I'm hoping that eventually I will also be able to see less and less cravings but at the moment even the cat food smells nice!!!! :eek::eek::eek::(

I've been craving chips with loadsa salt and vinegar cos it's the last thing i had before starting(and a kebeb mmm), plus my house mate ordered some earlier:(
BUT earlier on I was craving the strawberry shake like mad!!
Don't ask why but I ad the chocolate instead-maybe to decipline myself, who knows!
But more than anything right then i wanted that strawberry shake with loadsa ice!!???
WEIRD!!

today i had my first proper craving! Mashed pototoe, with cabbage bacon and cheese! Drank coffee and got busy at work!

I'm on day 83 of CD - and the cravings in the first couple of weeks used to drive to absolute distraction some days. I dunno what it is, maybe your mind playing tricks on you to get you to eat again?

But I can tell you (for me personally) whenever I had the cravings I used to just say to myself 'you're not having xxxxx (fill in the blanks!) because you want to be slimmer' and then just tried to put the thought out of my mind. Thank goodness for Minimins because it really helped to distract me in some weaker moments - keeping busy is the key.

Eventually as my mind accepted that there would be no real food (and I got further into the diet) the cravings all but subsided, and now its a rare thing for me to experience them out of the blue.

This one is weird salmon with potato and mushrooms mashed up in a bowl.

Also lettuce and tomato in a brown bread sandwich.(i don't even like tomato)

I'm craving healthy food now not bad food.strange eh?

This one is weird salmon with potato and mushrooms mashed up in a bowl.

Also lettuce and tomato in a brown bread sandwich.(i don't even like tomato)

I'm craving healthy food now not bad food.strange eh?

Im really craving healthy food now I dont crave anything bad just things like Prawn salad, Grilled chicken sweerers and some samon with new potatoes and asparagus

Its bizzare!!

The best thing about it is I have been able to distingush between my emotional hunger and physical hunger I think I want it but I dont really!

Im actually a little bit scared about AAM as I'm scared to have food again as im not actually hungry!

Hey Lynseylou,

Yeah i used to comfort eat a lot in my room i'd hide junk food in my bag and go upstairs to my room(never told anyone that). I now am starting to appreciate the real value of good food. Usually on a diet your craving bad food crisps,fizzy drinks etc so this is good i don't want any of that stuff anymore. I hope when i go back eating i won't go back to my old habits.

Stupid question whats AAM?

Add a Meal on Cambridge xx

Just read your message, I could smell fried onions on Saturday and kept asking if anyone else could smell them!! they couldn't! Now I know I am in good company

Sarah Lou

oh god cravings!!!!! i did lipotrim over christmas and my god its amazing just how great our imaginations are cuz i swear i could actually taste the turkey and stuffing just by thinking about christmas!!!but was told before by a friend that our imagination is far greater than anything and in fact our minds actually make something out to be a whole lot more outstanding than it actually is so thinking about the fact i could ruin it all just by eating something that isnt all the great really makes me keep on going!!

When I was on LT before I used to drive my bf crazy cos whenever he was eating something really nice, or if he ordered anything new from a menu..... I'd have to smell it! But it actually stopped me craving it. Weird. I could sit with him and not be bothered so long as I had had a good deep sniff of it first!!

I am having such a bad day today with cravings for food, the one now is toast with cheese or just toast dripping with butter, oh I just want toast. It is day 12 for me and I think this must be the worse day yet, I have been thinking about food all day and I just keep saying to myself, no can't do it. BUT I IS SO PAINFUL TODAY. So I empathise with everyone else.
Gina, I too have been thinking a bit more about the value of food and I keep telling myself that when I go through refeeding etc I will taste and love my healthy food and appreciate it for what it does - fuelling me. I used to shovel loads of stuff in without tasting any. If it was there I would eat it.
I'm tired, I'm miserable, I'm going to go to bed now - ah my two pleasures at present bath and bed and I have so much time now to do both because I don't spend any time eating.
Good night all
Miserable but still Mrs Committment

Night night Mrs C - hope you feel better tomorrow. :)

I've been having dreams about toast dripping in butter too - even dreams of just licking the butter off because the toast is bad! :eek:

Good night Julie, I am still here messing about feeling sorry for myself. I fantasise that I gobble everything up butter, toast and all. At least you content yourself with just eating the butter.
I am up tomorrow at 6.15am so I had better get off to bed.
I drea

Same as that Mrs. C, I find that I have soooo much time in the evenings, all because I'm not eating. It really makes me think about how much of my time was consumed by 'food'. Finally took down the decorations on Mon, and every inch of my flat is so clean! I have time to look after myself with manicures and just time to think.

When u're having really bad cravings mayb try to plan a new way of making the shakes r soup. Use one of the suggestions on the forums and experiment with coffee r ice? Then u will have something new to look forward to.

I find if I get real hungry r craving something tht really strong peppermint tea helps. Well, works for me anyway.

Back