Cravings

teambailz

Hi guys both me and my wife started slimming world yesterday and although i have really enjoyed the food we have eaten and i am not hungry i am craving sweet food and this is totally new to me as i not really got a sweet tooth lol any ideas to get me through this stage please share

many thanks Neil

Your best bet is fruit! It's full of natural sugars and completely free on plan. Also free on plan are Muller Lights, they might help to kick that sweet craving.

Other sweet stuff that are low in Syns are:
- Pink'n'Whites (wafers & marshmallow): 2.5 Syns each
- HiFi Light / Alpen Light bars: 3 Syns each
- Freddo: 5 Syns each
- 2 finger KitKat's: 5.5 Syns each
- Curly Wurly: 6 Syns each

I tend to have either an alpen light summer fruits bar or Kallo (a thin rice cake with a layer of dark choc(2syns)goes well with a coffee =)

If you've never had a sweet tooth before, and are suddenly craving sweet things... could it be your own mind that's trying to scupper your efforts?

I crave sweet things at night and either have a curly (6 syns) or a weetabix bar (the toffee ones are really sweet! They are 4.5 syns or a healthy b). Or if I crave biscuits a few Rich teas (2 syns each) with a cup of tea!

If you've never had a sweet tooth before, and are suddenly craving sweet things... could it be your own mind that's trying to scupper your efforts?

Hi yes i think it could be my mind lol its bit mad as i wud usually have a can of beer or two with my evening meal which i thought wud be my big craving but thats not bothered me as yet (touching wood) so i bought loads of youghurts and fruit today froze a cpl of the yoghurts see how we go but cant believe how full i feel and how much i enjoying the meals. just need to start exercising tomo lol

many thanks Neil

Just remembered, werthers originals sugar free sweets are half a syn each. 1 in each side of ya gob and it's a perfect sweet hit for just 1 syn ;)

I have 1/2 a tub of quark with some sweetener (Splenda for me) stirred through for a syn free sweet fix. It tastes so sweet that it really takes your sweet craving away once you've eaten it

Back