Crazy life of Chilli

Thanks @tipperary I'm an overthinker lol, and a rambler but it all helps me work things out one way or another.

I'm the same with my weight loss plan and am doing it also due to all the family health issues. My parents and my younger brother and sister all have type 2 diabetes. I had 2 aunt's who both died of heart attacks at the exact age I am. I want to be able to walk comfortabley and not think of pain or unfitness. I want to go on holiday (when we are allowed) and be able to walk or climb or swim as much as I want. And if I can get that from a bit of willpower I will. I don't want to be miserable and hungry in order to lose weight but a bit of selfcontrol won't do me any harm.

I'm the same with my weight loss plan and am doing it also due to all the family health issues. My parents and my younger brother and sister all have type 2 diabetes. I had 2 aunt's who both died of heart attacks at the exact age I am. I want to be able to walk comfortabley and not think of pain or unfitness. I want to go on holiday (when we are allowed) and be able to walk or climb or swim as much as I want. And if I can get that from a bit of willpower I will. I don't want to be miserable and hungry in order to lose weight but a bit of selfcontrol won't do me any harm.
we can do it Tipperary! So much to enjoy and live for

yesterday I had my italian chicken, yoghurt, cheese, a banana (how naughty) and some chocolate (how very very naughty) but then I actually was not hungry later in the day and didn't have another meal, and my calories were still under 800.

Today starts my Dementia UK dog walking challenge, working with people with dementia means any charity for it is close to my heart. the challenge is 100km dog walking in March but I'd do that anyway so I'm aiming for at least 150, we did just over 5km this morning, and will get longer walks this week weds and thurs when son is away at his Dad's possibly even Friday if I get up early enough as son isn't back until 11am that day. We will see how things work out.

So far today I've eaten a yoghurt.

I plan to have the rest of the italian chicken for lunch, and roast chicken for dinner later (if the chicken is defrosted), although there is also gammon from yesterday that we didn't eat, probably 2-3 portions. I may just pop them in the freezer.

I finished listening to the Obesity code, and I think I will listen to the whole thing again, even aside from my weight issues I'm a bit of a geek and found it fascinating.

I may start to incorporate some 24-48 hour fasts, but I'll keep doing what I'm doing for the moment.

Happy Mondays all.

Yes, i found the sciwnce in it fascinating. I think there is a Netflix documentary about keto eating too but can remember the name. Part if it involves the trial ofva doctor who advocated for eating less carbs.

I don't know the documentary, but would that be the australian doctor?

Was part of ir in Australia with Aboriginal community but for some reason i thought the doctor in court was south African

maybe it was NZ, their accent and SA is quite similar sounding at times. I'll try and find it as it sounds interesting to watch.

I had the last of my italian chicken for lunch, and am having stuffed butternut squash for dinner. It isn't proper ratattouie as I've just used what I had in the house and improvised. I fried onion and chilli, chopped courgette, 2 slices bacon and 3 tomatoes. I stole a few chips from kids dinner 😁 but only a few, I really already have a much reduced appetite which is fabulous.

regarding the much reduced appetite. I forgot to have my dinner last night and ended up eating it at 10pm, much later than usual so didn't do my usual fast for 16 hours if I eat at my usual 12-1300.

I had a midweek weigh in and it shows sts but as I say it's rare I eat that late unless I'm working. Not going to worry about it just having a cuppa and heading out with my dog soon.

regarding the much reduced appetite. I forgot to have my dinner last night and ended up eating it at 10pm, much later than usual so didn't do my usual fast for 16 hours if I eat at my usual 12-1300.

I had a midweek weigh in and it shows sts but as I say it's rare I eat that late unless I'm working. Not going to worry about it just having a cuppa and heading out with my dog soon.
Yes it is great when that appetite reduction kicks in and anything over 12 hours is good fast wise so your well over that.. still time for a whoosh fingers crossed. your doing great!:)

Thanks @DeeOne_UK still time for a loss for sure! I'm not going to stress, stressing leads to giving up and although I may change my approach over the months ahead there will be simply no giving up!

@tipperary was the netflix thing perhaps The Magic Pill? it's no longer on Netflix as it's contract ended but it's on youtube. The Doctor mentioned I think is Tim Noakes and you're right he lives in SA and the court case was there too. The maker of the documentary is under fire at the moment because of his attitude and behaviour around coronavirus (claiming it's a hoax and encouraging people not to wear masks) which is a bit sad. However I am mindful that a person can be right with something and wrong with something else and vice versa. I actually have a lot of 'trust' in Jason Fung though as I like how he lays out all of the evidence properly and clearly. I may search out more of his work.

Why is it so difficult to find yoghurt that ISN'T fat free? seriously at my local co-op it's all either low fat or zero and same when I look online at tesco.

sooo I've had around 6km dog walks today, eaten yoghurt, chocolate, stuffed squash, roast chicken and veg and an experimental raspberry shake made with almond milk, yoghurt and raspberries (it was ok) and hot choc all for just under 800 calories.

My kids are away from 10am for around 48 hours tomorrow, so I'll get a few longer dog walks I expect over the next couple of days, and some catching up done, as well as only having myself to sort out for meals. I'm listening to a different audible book and once done I'll go back and listen to The Obesity Code again. I think to listen to it again straight away is too much so a wee break then another complete listen and I think I'll take more in.

Night Night all.

@tipperary was the netflix thing perhaps The Magic Pill? it's no longer on Netflix as it's contract ended but it's on youtube. The Doctor mentioned I think is Tim Noakes and you're right he lives in SA

Why is it so difficult to find yoghurt that ISN'T fat free? seriously at my local co-op it's all either low fat or zero and same when I look online at tesco.
Yep, that's the one. It was really interesting to watch. I would love to find a GP here that would support a keto diet and properly analyse my cholesterol and thyroid issues rather than to tell me to stop eating eggs and take statins.
With the yougurt we are no just buying full fat greek yogurt. Tesco do one in their finest range and Lidl have one too.

Thanks Tipperary, I'll look out for that in my next shop. I must have missed it on the tesco list. I do like shopping online but it is sometimes easier to notice things when you can actually just look at the aisle of food, definitely nothing full fat in the local co-op anyway.

Well I have a couple of days to myself which is rare, with lockdown and the kids being home most of the time, and although son see's his Dad most weeks for 1 or 2 nights, my daughter rarely goes. This time she decided to go though and I have to say I do miss having some hours of genuine alone-ness. I don't mind her staying home obviously I don't want her going anywhere unless she wants to, but normally I have a few hours when they are at school at least, my hours alone have been extremely diminished over the past year. I'm going to head out soon and take my dog a walkie then I'll probably have lunch and chill for a while, then I really need to tidy up my sons room and do a bit of clearing out. Maybe a little painting or sewing.

I have paint to paint the living room and hall, and every time son is away I think... should I get stuck in? and then I just think... nah. I'll wait till he's back in school, which is now hopefully soon!

Does anyone else feel compelled to eat stuff rather than allowing it to be binned? My daughter asked for bananas and I've ended up eating them mostly. I've warned her next shop if she asks for bananas and doesn't eat them I won't be ordering them again for some time. She is 16 and should know better lol, but then... this is an ADHD household after all. We both jump from idea to idea.

I find that I spent a lifetime trying to battle that, whereas now I just let it happen. I work and bills are paid etc there is freedom in not fixing every plan in stone. why paint today if I feel like sewing? why sew if I feel like painting? why walk in the woods if I feel like the beach? why have chicken if I feel like pork? why indeed anything at all!

So far today I've eaten a banana and I know those aren't best for me, but theres only one left!

No idea what else I will eat, but there is plenty in the kitchen to decide later.

have a lovely day all.

Hello :)

I've been around years ago but lost my log in details, typical serial dieter really. I managed to lose lots a long time ago with a VLC and my body just doesn't seem to respond to slimming world etc because I think they are too free with carbs.

Whenever I've tried losing weight the only thing that seems to work is lower carb so I'm going to try mostly following the fast 800, However I need to accept I'm in this for the long haul so if I need a break now and then that's fine just aim not to regain. I've also signed up for a dog walk fundraiser that will run for March so that's something to get me active. Keeping a diary also seemed to help so... here we are lol.

I've cut myself a lot of slack the past couple of years, having gone through a marriage breakup and now all this covid stuff ongoing but I think it's time for me to start to take care of myself and create a healthier future. I have 2 kids, a dog and work so life is a bit busy! I'm 45 and feel so old and unfit at times I want that to change.

I will weigh in properly and measure everything tomorrow, would like to have as much motivation as possible going forwards so if the scales aren't doing it the inches might. I probably need to lose about 65lb's to be properly healthy but for now I'm going to take it in small chunks. Any loss means I'm healthier than I am right now after all.

I don't mind my progress being slow, so long as I'm doing something, even 2 or 3lbs a month is going to mount up isn't it?

Chilli
Why don't you try Keto Diet. Believe me girls I was trying almost all diets. This is the only one that really works. Try it for yourself

My son has adhd too and if he doesn't eat the bananas I make banana bread and freeze it. It keeps it out of my mouth lol

Last edited:
I have stepped in to the minimins confessional in order to confess to having eaten

drum roll please

a custard doughnut!

@#&*

It was my daughters fault, she bought them yesterday, I know they'd be off by the time she comes home in a couple days. In my defence I ate one and threw the other one away!

To attempt to scrape back my reputation I have filled my slow cooker with soup - left over chicken from yesterday, lentils, butter beans, onions, squash, garlic, chilli's and chicken stock. Probably higher carb mind you but very clean.

And I'm away out with the dog 😄

My son has adhd too and if he doesn't eat the bananas I made banana bread and freeze it. It keeps it out of my mouth lol
I actually love ADHD, my daughter definitely has it and looking at how alike we respond to things I am sure I am too. Son may or may not be. I actually have come to embrace it rather than seeing it as negative. That's a good idea to make things the kids will eat and freeze them.

I may also try making some lower carb versions that I can have in moderation.

I deffo have ADHD. I was diagnosed with it when I was seen on an unrelated matter as an adult. I have calmed a bit over the years but me and my son are so alike we clash a lot. He was diagnosed when he was 5. I throw a lot of temptation into the freezer. I bought 4 Chelsea buns yesterday and put the other 3 in.I've mince pies from Christmas in there too. I freeze my sourdough bread so I a m not tempted to eat it all in one sitting. ADHD son is also a type 1 diabetic which means I have to have snacks in for him. I have a cupboard in the living room with their snacks and any naughties in them. I won't touch their stuff so it keeps me off the biscuits and crisps. They did eat 15 creme eggs in 36 hours tho and they are both like sticks, No justice.

The soup sounds delicious. I do a few different ones in my slow cooker too. I love soup when it is cold weather.

Last edited:
Back