Crazy life of Chilli

My daughter and I clash at times, but knowing and understanding more about ADHD has been transformative for us. I used to take things so personally but I have learned not to and largely we get on really well now. She was only diagnosed 3 years ago.

I do the same now with the kids treats, since a couple of weeks ago, I let them choose their rations when I shop then at home they now each have a box. I know I won't eat what I see as theirs, but when we had a generic family snack box I was always in it lol.

I've not used my slow cooker in a couple of years I think, I just dragged it out again for today, I've just been making soup on the hob.

I'm having a nice bowl of my soup, as it's low calorie, despite the doughnut, my calories today are still only 782, and still only 66.3g carbs (allegedly, I never 100% trust the apps) but in my defence I had little carbs at lunch.

So today I've had a banana, a piece of dark choc, A CUSTARD DOUGHNUT!!!, some chicken with chunks of cheese and salad cream, and chicken and lentil soup.

I'm really poor on having high fat...38g and 43%? I should have fried the onions and garlic really in olive oil before adding to the slow cooker, but I'm lazy.

Although I'm also not lazy cos me and the dog just had a 6.7km walk :) I really like being out at twilight, but have to time it that I'm out of the woods before it gets too dark. I could have done with being 15 mins earlier tonight but I love it anyway. I don't get the chance often with the kids in. Once they are back at school most walks are in school hours.

Oopsie on the dougnut but they do always look so fabulous, don't they...

Well done on the walk, that's a goodly bit of exercise!

I was about to say they same re the bananas, banana bread and freeze. Or sometimes if I don't have enough I just chop the banana and freeze that on it's own until I have enough. Or whizz a banana and an egg together and make little pancakes and again freeze as snacks for your daughter. But to be honest I don't see a problem in having an odd banana especially if it's counted as part of your daily total. I'm the same with wasted food,I hate the idea of it. I now but slightly less than I need weekly knowing I have home made prepared meals in the freezer as backup. But husband and son are huge food wasters and I'm forever throwing almost out of date meat into the freezer for them. And soup from every vegetable is the norm here, I have a pressure cooker though rather than a slow cooker

Yes ds can be brutal at times. He has made me cry this lockdown but on the whole is he a very loving and kind person.The one thing I had to learn was no matter what do not yell back. If I do it escalates into total chaos with him getting really upset. We are both very sensitive.

I used to keep yum yums as we call them in the fridge in a drawer...bad move. I was always in it lol. I've an instant pot I use more nowadays and it has a slow cook option on it. It's handy when am at work all day. Not that I've been at work all day for a long time now. Back 18th may tho. I can't wait.

hello people! I've heard a lot of people talking about instant pots, I do like gadgets but for the moment I can't afford to be tempted into buying any! perhaps later in the year if things go to plan.

I've been so lazy these past couple of days other than walking the dog I've not done any of the clearing out I planned, I think I've just been enjoying the actual hours of alone time. I'm sure it sounds terrible I love my kids and I don't wish them gone but I so miss those few hours to myself in the school day. I figure I'm allowed a couple days off as I'll be doing 5x nightshifts starting saturday anyway lol. Fingers crossed to a return to school and semi-normality from the 15th!

Today I've eaten the last banana. Next time I shop if daughter doesn't eat them I'm going to go ahead and freeze as recommended one way or another and tell her to get her own from the co-op if she wants them. I've also eaten some of yesterdays soup and frozen the rest, and eaten some pistachio's. Not sure what to have for dinner but I'm browsing the diet doctor (someone here mentioned it) and they have so many recipes I think I will try something new.

I will report back later.

Why don't you try Keto Diet. Believe me girls I was trying almost all diets. This is the only one that really works. Try it for yourself
Hi Maria, sorry I didn't see your post it may have been lost in the admin moderating. I am mostly doing keto based ideas, but I genuinely hate the taste of fat so it's difficult for me to get a high fat percentage in my diet, nonetheless I'm eating less carbs and more fat than I did.

Morning all, so last night I wanted to make something with mince but it wasn't properly defrosted so I ended up just having a frittata type thing, fried bacon and onions then added eggs and cheese and baked under the grill. I couldn't eat it all.

Morning weigh in as it's friday shows stay the same, but I've lost an inch on my waist and hips Bust 44", waist 37" and hips 49"

All things considered I'll call it a win, and carry on!

yeah I know this kind of thing happens so I deliberately measured at the start, it all helps to stay on track.

I think I've decided I will do this for 8 weeks (this is week 3 starting) then I will probably not worry about counting calories but just keep on trying to keep carbs lower and fats higher, continue with intermittent fasting including perhaps a 24-48 hour fast (inspired by Jason Fung)

ADHD brain means that my plan is open to change lol.

food today has been...
1 satsuma, some pistachios, a can of lentil and bacon soup (warmed up for daughter but she didn't like it, I don't often eat canned soup) some ritz crackers, for dinner some bolognaise (made with mince, onion, garlic, passata, chilli, olive oil) arranged in oven dish with 2 holes 2 eggs cracked into the holes and baked in the oven, was actually very nice

I'm on 814 calories, 52g carbs, 46g fat, 26% carb, 51% fat

and a nice 3.5km walk with son and dog, longest I've been able to talk son into walking for ages!

I loved catching up with your diary ChilliQueen. I’ve learned a few things along the way too - I never would have guessed a cheese twist would be 350 calories!! I have a toddler and it probably would have been something I’d have bought for her lunch box, but now I’m reminded to go back to reading labels. I will check out the Jason Fung book you’ve been listening to, it sounds very interesting. If only there wasn’t so many conflicting messages when it comes to food and diets. Like you I also have PCOS and now I‘m in my 40s only low carbing seems to work for me, possibly something to do with the insulin resistance. Anyway, I may try the recipe you shared the chicken and chick pea one and you’ve inspired me to experiment a bit in the kitchen. I used to make a lot of cloud breads and flaxseed breads. Need to get my mojo back. In this for the long haul. Well done on the inch down :D

The meal sounds lovely! What sort of plan are you following, is it a Fast 800 style thing?
yes, I read the blood sugar diet a few years ago which is pretty much the fast 800, I lost quite a lot of weight on it last time but off course allowed myself to go off course. In my defence life was a bit upside down for a while so I've forgiven myself. I'm not following things 100% but doing not too badly I'm rarely over 800 and am gradually becoming better at having the right types of food.

I loved catching up with your diary ChilliQueen. I’ve learned a few things along the way too - I never would have guessed a cheese twist would be 350 calories!! I have a toddler and it probably would have been something I’d have bought for her lunch box, but now I’m reminded to go back to reading labels. I will check out the Jason Fung book you’ve been listening to, it sounds very interesting. If only there wasn’t so many conflicting messages when it comes to food and diets. Like you I also have PCOS and now I‘m in my 40s only low carbing seems to work for me, possibly something to do with the insulin resistance. Anyway, I may try the recipe you shared the chicken and chick pea one and you’ve inspired me to experiment a bit in the kitchen. I used to make a lot of cloud breads and flaxseed breads. Need to get my mojo back. In this for the long haul. Well done on the inch down :D

Lisa-Ann if I'm allowed to post youtube links, the above will take you to a talk by Jason Fung and one of his colleagues, who describe the effects of controlling insulin on PCOS. I really recommend the Obesity code book.

I really enjoyed the chicken and chick peas recipe, sadly I also really enjoyed the cheese twist! it is shocking how calorific they are I had to check several sources to convince myself i couldn't quite believe it!

I've been browsing the diet doctor site and they have several lower carb recipe's for bread type products, no idea about the calories but certainly better on the carbs, I am tempted to try cloud bread and may do soon. They also have a recipe that can be made into cheese twists if we really crave them lol. I like crackers, pan cakes and something to dunk in my soup so hopefully I will find things that suit.

Morning to all, had the best sleep I've had in ages, a nice hot shower and sat drinking tea.

Todays plan is sitting outside catching up with a neighbour hopefully in a short while, dog walk and then just chill in advance of the beginning of 5 nights of nightshift. Not sure about food, I have no real plan but may have another browse of the diet doctor. I caved and bought some almond flour, more expensive but more recipes appeal to me that have it in it, or a mix of coconut too. Need to have a little faith I can make my car balloon payment in July 😄 I've been trying not to spend but we're always running out of something. Today it's cheese.

Hello from night shift. So yesterday I ate pistachios, hot chocolate, ritz crackers and cauli and canelini bean soup. About 700 calories.

So far on nightshift I've had some well intentioned curry I made at home with chicken breast, left over katsu curry sauce I had frozen, with onions, squash and sweetcorn. Not sure the calories but will work it out tomorrow.

I've also been terrible and eaten 2 bourbon biscuits and a piece of shortbread.

I can't say if it's connected but I feel yucky 😐

Longer term regarding intermittent fasting on days I eat between 12 noon and 8pm. When I'm on nights I'm thinking I'll just shift to 6pm- 2am. That should work OK.

And accept that 1st nights on can be a bit... ropey.

Hey chilli, we all have those days, when the carb cravings gets the better of us, but all you can do is draw a line under it and keep going. I know you've been keeping your carbs low so it might be what made you feel yucky, i've had those days when i have given in to the cravings felt the difference.
Looks good how you've worked out your IF and as you said the changeovers might be ropey, but do what works for you cos long term as long as your keeping close to your cal allowance the weight loss will follow. :)

I'm a shocker with cookies, if they are there I'll eat them, no matter how focused I feel - any way you could get rid of them?

Back