Crazy life of Chilli

the freebie sofa I got from friend has several threads showing it's done battle with a passing cat @ladyfelsham, animals are wonderful companions but the do have their down side, I've not had a cat for a long time, just the dog and tortoise.

Day took a slight downturn, daughter was having chicken curry pies for her lunch and announced she can't really taste or smell them, so we've been along for a drive thru test, hoping she is negative as I hate letting my colleagues down at work, but can't be too careful with coronavirus especially as I work with very vulnerable people.

I don't know if it's the power of suggestion, because I felt totally fine but on the way home I felt quite dry and a little sore in my throat and a headache, so I might be back for a test for me depending on her results! I'm feeling ok again now I'm home just a bit tired.

I've eaten some nuts, cauli hash browns and bolognese for lunch.

the freebie sofa I got from friend has several threads showing it's done battle with a passing cat @ladyfelsham, animals are wonderful companions but the do have their down side, I've not had a cat for a long time, just the dog and tortoise.

Day took a slight downturn, daughter was having chicken curry pies for her lunch and announced she can't really taste or smell them, so we've been along for a drive thru test, hoping she is negative as I hate letting my colleagues down at work, but can't be too careful with coronavirus especially as I work with very vulnerable people.

I don't know if it's the power of suggestion, because I felt totally fine but on the way home I felt quite dry and a little sore in my throat and a headache, so I might be back for a test for me depending on her results! I'm feeling ok again now I'm home just a bit tired.

I've eaten some nuts, cauli hash browns and bolognese for lunch.
I hope your daughter doesn't have covid.. I don't believe your letting work colleagues down. I think your trying your best to protect them. You cant be too careful in my opinion.

I know you are right, I would never take chances with them and covid. It's just we are so often short staffed although I do believe we have 2 staff now added to our night shift rota so hopefully things will improve on that score. It's just the timing. I start a run of 6 shifts so I'd have to isolate for the whole run of them, that's a lot of cover to find, but I know my guys will understand as I'm never off usually. Everyone is doing their best to keep our residents safe. Hopefully it will be nothing though! fingers crossed and all that.

Wonderful to be looking for the finances to come through - and be able to manage now. Sorry about the possible Covid.

So glad you got the loan sorted and can start getting his fixed and debts paid off. Finances really have a way of taking over and controlling our lives and can make us totally miserable.
I really hope your daughter is ok, we have a huge outbreak here and it's having such a knock-on impact on everything and everyone. I hope you are all ok.
One of my previous teaching jobs was training healthcare support workers and in one very rural and remote area the majority of the staff were between 18 and 22 and they were totally amazing. It was unusual all right but is something more care homes should look at.

I know you can understand Tipperary, with your recent step forwards too, makes such a difference. And yes I think people of all ages can do a good job if they have the right attitude, we shouldn't judge on age. So much can be learned if a person is willing.

Thankfully the result text arrived midmorning -negative. As daughter has felt well since I've sent both her and her brother back to school this afternoon, so that's all good and I can head to work as usual on friday night conscience clear.

I've been able to see the mortgage on a few accounts, still to show on one anyway. I've had a small spending spree including walking shoes, a new microwave and a set of pots, and a few things for the kids. I've booked my car in for an overdue service and a couple of tyres. Finally I can start to plan ahead.

This morning my scales were down a pound, so that's 1.5 so far this week. Hopefully it will stick or more by friday.

I am so pleased for you that you and your family are covid free. A worry off your mind. My sister brother in law and 4 neices all contracted covid. But all my neices are frontline workers. They are all nurses in different fields from elderly, children and adult learning difficulties . I know how worried I was. Thankfully they only had it mild in comparison to some poor souls ending up on ventilators.

It must be nice to have a few little bits after months of tightening the belt and no luxuries. Eventually light at the end of a tunnel..

I hope the scales behave themselves by official weigh day. I hopped on scales today for a mid week weigh in nothing lost but nothing gained either. I have 3 busy days Thursday/Friday and Saturday so hopefully the exercise from housework and shopping will show on scales.Well a girl can dream lol

yes we are relieved, I've been really fortunate as the care home I work in has managed to stay covid free through the whole pandemic. There has been a couple off staff members had it, but we've not had an 'outbreak' and no residents at all affected.

We think that my ex and his girlfriend had it, but that was earlier on before you could get tested, when only people in hospitals were testing. My family in general has been unaffected a few people have had it but nothing too bad. I have an elderly uncle who has now been one of the few to have it twice, I'm quite amazed at his resilience. Yet I also know friends who have lost loved ones and a normally fit friend who was in intensive care so I've seen how awful it can be too.

Your uncle had it twice! Poor man, pleased he came through ok both times. I found out this afternoon that the old guy two doors up passed away from it, I didn't know him well but he seemed a nice old chap.

Can't believe that some people think everything is all fine - saw a chap in B&M without a mask, wandering around without a care in the world, and it made me feel really uneasy, so I went down a different aisle - and he followed me! :D. By accident not design, but I had trouble shaking him off! He got to the checkout next to the one I was waiting in and got soundly told off, but just shrugged his shoulders, left his stuff on the conveyer belt and left. Extraordinary.

yes there are many people just don't seem to care, it's sad. How little regard many have for others.

I've had a yoghurt, some nuts, some soup, slices of cheese with sliced tomato and ham. My appetite if anything seems reduced. Although my daughter was drinking some pepsi max earlier and I had an unusual craving for it, so I had a glass. It's rare I drink fizzy juice but I just really felt like it. I figure if it's not a regular craving no need to curb it. Sure a glass of pepsi max now and then will do no harm.

I've managed to get a few things done today, along with my little spending spree, so it's been fairly productive. Hopefully tomorrow will be the same, less the spending spree haha, although I do still plan to buy a rug.

Snap, I've got a thing for Diet Cola at the moment too - haven't drunk it for years...I bought 6 Asda cans, and it does hit the spot in the afternoon. I also love their apple and raspberry sparkling water, chilled, absolutely delish.

apple and raspberry sounds nice.

Well so far today I've eaten 3 boiled eggs mixed with cheese and salad cream and half a can of rattatouie, some nuts and drank a hot chocolate.

scales still sitting at 1.5lb's down :)

I had a short walk with doggo this morning, waiting in for deliveries otherwise, watching Monsters Inc on my tv. It's nostalgic for me, when my daughter was born before she was sleeping all night I used to go to bed early and watch movies and doze. I had this on VHS, I was shocked to realise it was made 20 years ago. Time sure does fly. My daughter is 16 now off course. That time in my life those first two years of her life were among my happiest, everything felt so safe, secure and right. We had no idea everything would be upended when she was 2 when her Dad died. I've been happy off and on since, I'd say I'm happy now, but I don't think I've ever had that level of comfort, security, love - perhaps naivety, since. I think I'm probably about as close as I'm going to get.

not meant as a sombre post, it's nice to remember.

I agree with Ladyfelsham you never know what's around the corner. To reminisce is lovely looking back at happy occasions during our lives

oh don't get me wrong, I'm happiest that I've been in years even before the mortgage happened. It isn't that I think I'll never have love again. It's more that the innocent trust that nothing like that would ever happen to me is gone and no one will be able to bring that back. People die. Some people lie. People have little control over the former which is therefore much more forgivable (altho not easy to live through). I have discovered my resilience to live through both so it isn't that I'm afraid to have a relationship again. I'll be much less tolerant mind you 😄 . I guess I've become an idealistic realist...

I think although the mortgage has been a positive thing, it's sparked some unfounded and irrational anxiety. I have a much bigger mortgage and my head is panicking a little, but I have no more debt than I had 2 weeks ago, it's just rearranged in a more manageable way. I've been busy with my spreadsheets and I'll be totally fine. I'll be fine if the interest rate rises, I'll be fine when daughter leaves education and my universal credit and parental support drops a bit. I'll be fine when son leaves school as well, that's 10 years away. The numbers on the screen show me I will be 100% fine. I also now have complete critical illness and life cover, so I know my kids will also be fine if anything happens to me. Everything is fine. My body is just refusing to accept it yet. I think I've spent so long in survival mode it might take a while to properly settle, I think I've been so focussed on making it through each month I didn't realise how utterly consuming it all was. I feel like I'm still caught in the jaws with the shark about to snap, even though clearly... I've made it to shore. That shark can't get me now, but I'm still standing, trying to catch my breath and get over the fear of being eaten alive. Yes I'm in an odd mood, but I like to explore how I feel and why. I know it will pass.

It probably doesn't help my daughter made me sit through the movie 'Clouds' with her. Oh man, I blubbed, such an amazing but sad story. That's all I'll say so as not to spoil it if anyone is going to watch it. Make sure you have tissues.

I've managed to get a bit more done in the house and also my craft room today, really another half hour in there and a bin bag for rubbish and there's no reason I can't start to make or paint stuff.

My new microwave is happily settled in the corner, the old one, along with a bunch of boxes and other rubbish is in my car, I have a skip run booked for tomorrow.

In addition to my lunch recorded earlier, I had cauliflower hash browns and chicken curry.

Time for bed I think, night all.

Morning all :) well my scales have shown me 2lb's down so I'm now 12.5lb's down from when I started woohoo. I measured too as I haven't done for a while but I can't actually remember what my last measurements were so I'd need to search back, but for now I'm 43, 36, 48. I think bust and hips are probably the same but waist is down, but I don't trust my memory 100%

Son is off to school and I'm just back, having a quick cuppa, then I'm adding a few more things to the car for the skip run, then go empty it at the recycle centre. Stepping forward slowly.

Plan after skip run is to take the dog for walkies, then do a bit more tidying, perhaps a teeny bit sewing and then I've a friend popping round to sit in garden for a cuppa at 1400.

Work tonight :rolleyes: o_O:eek:

I understand what you mean about how consuming making it through every month is. I basically live on my overdraft and juggle money all the time. Trying to save for the endless covid tests we need to leave the country and come back in now too. Despite being fully vaccinated. The tax credits ending when the boys were 20 was like dropping off a financial cliff. Am glad you feel more secure now xx

Back