Creamy Fish Pie

sarah83

Try and try again
Continuing with my fishy week recipes...
Made this last night - Please bear in mind the fish and veg etc are interchangable - plus I was being quite economical with my fish to make it stretch, you can add as much or as little as you want (or can afford ;))
It serves 2-4 - depending on how hungry you are and what you're serving it with. I served with nothing (feeling lazy!) and it made 3 large portions.

Creamy Fish Pie
Serves 2-4 / Total recipe: 11 syns

Ingredients:
500g potatoes - mashed with salt & pepper, and a splash of HEXA milk
110g cod - deboned, skinned & cut into chunks
110g smoked haddock (same as above)
Handful raw king prawns
Bisto cheese sauce mix - 11 syns for 250ml
Mixed fresh herbs - I used lemon thyme, dill & parsley
1 leek - sliced
1 carrot - finely chopped
Half a bag of spinach
2 eggs - hard boiled and quartered

Method:
Steam the spinach, just for a minute or 2 (you can do this above the potatoes or eggs as you're cooking them). Once cooled slightly, squeeze out all of the water to get it as dry as possible.

Add to your serving dish, along with all the fish.

Saute the leek and carrot in some fry light for about 10mins until softened - add to the dish and season everything in the dish with salt & pepper. Top with the eggs

Make up the Bisto cheese sauce as directed to the 250ml mark, and stir in your fresh herbs. Pour this over your pie mix.

Top all of this with the mash, then bake in the oven - gas mark 7 for about 30mins until the top is golden.

Obviously you can alter the cheese sauce if you wish - make your own using HEXA milk and flour, or else use another packet mix. You could even make the sauce with quark or fromage frais to make it completely syn free but I've never liked sauces like this so would rather spend a few syns!

Back