creamy syn free mashed potato

simple trick, get a potato ricer. they are about £8 from tescos, made mash tonight with it, and added a splash of milk from my allowance with some salt and pepper. was the best mash i'd ever made. highly recommended. gonna make shepherds pie tomorrow night. yummy!!!

I use my electric mixer to "mash" my potatoes. I smash the potatoes first with the mixer bits whilst it's turned off and then mix away. Been doing them like that for years and they are lovely.

they always went sticky when i did them that way, must've whisked them for too long. lol, silly me!!!

Oooh, I love creamy mash, going to get myself a ricer next shop.

My OH brought me a ricer for xmas, thought I would never use it, well was i wrong, i have never had a lumpy mash since and it is so light and fluffy, if i have a hex a over i sometimes put gratted cheese or even better a laughing cow triangle or2 scrummy!!! :8855:

I ♥ my ricer too, so good tip!
I use a good spoon of FF fromage frais in place of milk, so totally free and creamy, too.

Mine always went like wallpaper paste using my electric whisk, and I refuse to put all the effort of mashing by hand in, if I'm not adding butter and cream! hahaha

Back