*creeps in*

yo-yo-dieter

Silver Member
Hello....I'm new!

Well, not new to the site

...and not new to Slimming World..

But I am new to this part of Minimins. I don't think I have been in here before.

Started SW again on Thursday, it's probably about three years since I last did SW.

I've done all kinds of diets but the truth of the matter is that I like my grub, and I eat when I'm bored. I'm also not in the right frame of mind for keeping track of points or calories or weighing stuff, so thought SW would be ideal for me.

I desperately need to lose about four stone (although I would be happy with three) and I've also got a black Tie Xmas dinner coming up on 5th December, so I would like to try and drop a dress size for that.

I'd also like to be able to zip my winter coat up without being short of breath and feeling like I'm wearing a straight jacket (it was too big for me last winter, and I could fit lots of layers under it, now it's only anything of t-shirt thickness that fits)

And I want to be able to get my knee-high zip-up boots all the way up my legs again.

I'm Ann-Marie, aged 33 and from Bradford, thanks for listening!

Welcome!
I'm not on SW, but thought I'd say hi anyway!
Good luck with your re-start, I'm sure you'll do it this time....:vibes: here are some positive vibes!
(sorry, I've only recently discovered smilies and I can't help slipping them in everywhere I can..... :))

Hello and :welcome:, I'm relatively new to minimins and slimming world but I'm enjoying both so far, everyone on here is very friendly! I think slimming worlds great for anyone who likes their grub (enjoying listening to my mum complain about how little she can eat on her diet while I'm tucking in to a big plate full of food lol) Well done for rejoining and goodluck with the weight loss! I'm sure you WILL do it this time!

hello ha and welcome xxx

No need to creep, we are a friendly bunch here! Welcome to the SW corner of the forum, SW is great especially if you like to eat! Good luck with it x

Hi
Welcome - we are a really friendly bunch here.:D
I to eat when I am bored and weekends are a problem for me. I am really trying to get my head round them so I can be better.
Had a new start on SW 10 days ago and have had 2 'big blips' up to now - the main thing I have learnt since starting SW is that after a bad day draw a line under it - I used to have a bad day followed by a bad week.:eek:
Speak soon.
Irene

Hi Ann-Marie

Welcome to our little bit of Minis! I'm sure you'll have realised by now that this site is really helpful in many different ways. I had a similar amount to lose as you... and I'm about half way there - so hopefully that proves that it can work if you stick to it!

I have a feeling it'll be keeping it off that's more difficult than loosing it - but I'll cross that bridge when I come to it!

Are you doing SW at a class, or online, or just by yourself? Whichever way, I'm sure you'll find this board helpful as you get used to things. There have been a few threads recently on changes to SW that you might find useful as you've done it before.

Also, it might be worth having a nosey through the Food diaries - I've picked up lots of great ideas from noseying at what people are eating every day!

Good luck with everything and be sure to let us know how you are getting on.

Take care,
Ste
x

Hey Ann-Marie (Cool name btw:D)

This site has been a godsend for me over the past three weeks since joinning SW (first time for me) I've three stone to loose (at least).

I love my food, and like others eat when I'm bored. But love SW as for the first time ever I am able to draw a line under it when I am naughty whereas before my attitude was might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb.:party0051:For the past three weeks I have used flexi syns once... its been great so far!

Good luck on your journey and holla if you need anything at all.

Anne-Marie

well done in coming back to sw it does work!!!!HONEST,im a target member, and would like to be able to find a pair of knee high boot that actually do up!!!!lol good luck honey xx

:welcome: and well done for rejoining SW and joining us here i am going into week 4 and at the moment loving it

Hi and welcome to the group - very supportive and lots of really tasty recipes to try. Lots of great advice from friendly people. Vx

Hey, thanks everyone for the nice messages! I'm still going strong (lol, mind you it is only day 3). It was nice to go to bed yesterday not feeling a) starving, despite having eaten all my cals or b) over-stuffed from having an "i've blown it anyway, so might as well be hung for a sheep as a lamb" day.

As suspected because I was stuck in all day and bored, I did scoff, but I made sure it was on nice fruit

Hi Ann-Marie
Are you doing SW at a class, or online, or just by yourself?

x

I joined a class on Thursday, I felt I needed to make it "official" to myself, not to mention being able to get the online password legitimately!

Back