Extra Easy Days Crimbo gains

Jack cooper

Thought I'd give this a go, I've just had my weigh in after the Christmas feasts and I've gained 2.5lb, I've got the new year to go yet too, as we all have so I've thought about a thread where people can talk about the gains they've had and what we can all do to get the pounds back off, I know I need advice!!

I've not gained over Xmas for the first time ever. I used to work in an office and be surrounded by treats in December. This year nothing to tempt me....
Then Christmas Day wasn't too crazy.

I have gained a baby bump but no weight to go with it yet.

I think go back on plan 100% once the holidays are done. Then it will soon drop.

I've not gained over Xmas for the first time ever. I used to work in an office and be surrounded by treats in December. This year nothing to tempt me....
Then Christmas Day wasn't too crazy.

I have gained a baby bump but no weight to go with it yet.

I think go back on plan 100% once the holidays are done. Then it will soon drop.

Well done, it must feel great, I'm glad it only gained 2.5 pound over Christmas, it could have been worse!
My wife is expecting with our second baby, that's part of my motivation to get slim.

I put on 5lbs! Had a proper week off plan. I enjoyed it, but back on it now! I'm back in work now and working over the new year so no booze for me and it's much easier to stick to while I'm back in my usual routine.

I stray more if I don't plan my meals properly, I just think sod it if I'm not in full control, but it's getting better, much better. I also struggle with sticking to plan when we've got company, which as you can imagine has been mental over Christmas. No more booze for this chap for a while.

I didn't go to my weigh in due to feeling unwell but I did step on the scales at home and I think I had a 2lb gain. I gained the previous week too (birthday) so I'm really trying to pull it back. Hopefully I can have that 2lb off before next weigh in on Tuesday.

I put on2lb over Christmas, think it will be another gain when I weigh on Tuesday. No problem though, i'vs started planning what i'm going to eat. I'm also going to get more active. Even just a walk in my lunch hour will help.

Good luck everyone x

I only put on 1lb over Christmas thankfully, I had 3 days off plan and then 4 days on. I agree with you above though I do much better when I plan and I am in routine. Looking forward to going back to work on Tuesday for that reason. It is all too easy to sit and pick when you're at home surrounded by it all x

Weigh-in for me tomorrow, first time since 19th December, as my next weigh day fell on Boxing Day.

Not too sure how I will get on to be honest. Stayed on plan until Christmas and the days I knew I would be off plan I tried to use MFP, and track calories rather than syns, just to give me a bit more freedom i.e. some white bread if I wanted it, desert etc... Will see tomorrow how well that worked out for me! :D

I was definitely a lot more relaxed than normal - didn't count syns like I normally do, allowed myself extra treats, the normal Christmas mindset for most of us.

Felt absolutely dreadful last Tuesday night. Monday and Tuesday went to bed with severe headaches which I rarely get. Woke up on Wednesday morning and went straight to Tesco for a shop, get some good foods back in the house to snack on.

Water and speed uptake was low and white bread and chocolate intake high, so expecting a gain that will set me back 1-2 weeks!

Weigh-in for me tomorrow, first time since 19th December, as my next weigh day fell on Boxing Day.

Not too sure how I will get on to be honest. Stayed on plan until Christmas and the days I knew I would be off plan I tried to use MFP, and track calories rather than syns, just to give me a bit more freedom i.e. some white bread if I wanted it, desert etc... Will see tomorrow how well that worked out for me! :D

I was definitely a lot more relaxed than normal - didn't count syns like I normally do, allowed myself extra treats, the normal Christmas mindset for most of us.

Felt absolutely dreadful last Tuesday night. Monday and Tuesday went to bed with severe headaches which I rarely get. Woke up on Wednesday morning and went straight to Tesco for a shop, get some good foods back in the house to snack on.

Water and speed uptake was low and white bread and chocolate intake high, so expecting a gain that will set me back 1-2 weeks!

Not as bad as expected - a 1lb gain which I hope to have off next week.

I think going back on plan last Wednesday played a bit part in the low gain.

I must admit that I haven't been very good on my diet for several weeks before Christmas so the fact that I stayed the same isn't much of a surprise .. apart from the fact that at least I haven't put anything on. I did get down to 13st 6lb August 2015 but I'm now back to 14st 13lbs which is a blinkin' nuisance!
Must do better!

I gained 4lb over Christmas and have not been back on plan yet. Back to work tomorrow though and weigh in on Thursday night.. hoping for a maintain at the worst so I'm properly back on it tomorrow. Need to get back into exercise too as that stopped over the festive period. :oops:

7lb gain when I weighed on Monday and that was over 2 weeks as my weigh in fell on Boxing Day so I didn't go. I'll get it off though

Back