Crisps..

d14

In the few months before SW I was eating 2 packets a day, sometimes more. I would also get the big bags of kettle chips and eat them in one day!! They were just so easy to snack on in between meals and I love the taste. Anyways since starting SW I have managed to cut back on crisps and have been eating velvet crunch instead, but in the past week i've had a bag of velvet crunch on 5 out of 7 days :mad: theyre only 4 syns a bag and i kept well below my syns during the week (1, 7, 4, 10, 1, 6) but i still feel guilty about eating them so often. Its not because im hungry or anything like that (although today it was..trying not to eat too much before weigh in) i just love the taste....any advice :confused::(

If having a pkt of these every day (within your syns) keeps you on the straight & narrow they stop feeling guilty.
Your syns are there for you to eat what you want.
Some have a curly wurly every day so why is this any different.

If having a pkt of these every day (within your syns) keeps you on the straight & narrow they stop feeling guilty.
Your syns are there for you to eat what you want.
Some have a curly wurly every day so why is this any different.

Thank you, im just afraid theyre going to hinder my weight loss. Im not a chocolate person at all, much prefer a bag of crisps, I feel like an addict that I find it so hard to stay away from them!

I don't think you need advice at all - this is exactly why we have Syns! In reality, you could have 3 packets a day and still have 3 Syns left! Don't feel guilty about it. If a packet of Velvet Crunch each day helps you to stick to plan, then keep it up! :)

If they're within your syns for the day, then by all means enjoy them! That's what your syns are there for :)I have a packet of Quavers most days, hasn't done me any harm :) xx

If they're within your syns for the day, then by all means enjoy them! That's what your syns are there for :)I have a packet of Quavers most days, hasn't done me any harm :) xx

Ooh i'm glad to know someone is having crisps and still losing weight! makes me feel less guilty! I think i'll definitely try to cut back, but ive already put myself through a massive change in the last week since I joined SW (completely changed my diet and started exercising) so I dont want to give them up just yet!

I'm with slimmbysummer - I think the syns are there to be used so that in the long run you actually stick to the plan, I don't think they are there to torture you with in a 'the less i use the better i've been' way! I use them to help me make choices, as in I want cake today so perhaps i wont also have a peanut butter laden toast fest before i go to bed! lol! Don't be so hard on yourself - i could easily scoff a giant bag of kettle chips to myself before tea (and did!) and i dont want to even think about the syns in that so 4 for a packet of velvet crunch is a bargin! xx

There's no need to give them up at all. Slimming World gives us Syns so we have flexibility, and can still enjoy the foods we used to love, just in moderation. The more you cut something out, the more you will crave it, so my suggestion is to carry on with the crisps (as long as you're within your Syns allowance) and see how you get on :) I see no reason to cut them out.

Thank you, im just afraid theyre going to hinder my weight loss. Im not a chocolate person at all, much prefer a bag of crisps, I feel like an addict that I find it so hard to stay away from them!

It's always good to mix up what you're eating as our bodies can get stuck in a rut if we eat the same things all the time. But one packet of crisps a day isn't bad at all. Syns are there to be used so don't feel guilty. Maybe cut down to a packet every other day & see if you feel better about it?

Dont cut them out! Especially if they help you to stay on plan! I have 6 packets of Velvet crunch every week (one each day with my lunch at work). They havent hindered my weight loss at all. I still cant believe they are only 4syns. They are yummy : )

When I do SW I always struggle to have my syns as well as the HEX A and B as I feel so full but I am a crisp addict and I do feel like I need crisp everyday to keep me on track, or at least something cruncy like snack a jacks or crackers etc, but like others have said the syns are there to use so it shouldnt matter whether they are used on chocolate, butter or crisps as long as you stay within the allowance. Good luck with your weight loss x

Hey everyone thanks SO much for the replies! I got weighed tonight and lost 5 1/2 pounds so I'm not feeling too bad about having crisps now. I will cut back on them eventually (just for my own health, there's a lot of sugar in velvet crunch) but for now they are definitely filling the void and keeping me on plan. Other diets never worked for me because I never allowed myself anything bad - chips, crisps, peanuts, chocolate, etc. on SW I can have all of those so long as I syn them (and SW chips are syn free!) it's wonderful :)

nettie said:
When I do SW I always struggle to have my syns as well as the HEX A and B as I feel so full but I am a crisp addict and I do feel like I need crisp everyday to keep me on track, or at least something cruncy like snack a jacks or crackers etc, but like others have said the syns are there to use so it shouldnt matter whether they are used on chocolate, butter or crisps as long as you stay within the allowance. Good luck with your weight loss x

In exactly the same!!

I have an ice cream Mars or Snickers every night. 7 stone gone so far! Enjoy your syns without guilt.

I have an ice cream Mars or Snickers every night. 7 stone gone so far! Enjoy your syns without guilt.

Oh yum!! :drool: How many Syns in those, can I ask?

Agree if crisps are what you enjoy then no harm in eating them. Infact you are way under syns and should really be using closer to 15 each day especially if you are just starting out. Know it's wierd being able to eat so much but it really does work :) x

Agree if crisps are what you enjoy then no harm in eating them. Infact you are way under syns and should really be using closer to 15 each day especially if you are just starting out. Know it's wierd being able to eat so much but it really does work :) x

Apart from my crisps (which are usually just a snack to fill a craving, rather than hunger) I always feel full, so I don't want to just eat for the sake of it, you know? If there is a time when I want to use my syns on something else, I will..but so far the main things I use them on are my crisps, Quorn sausages and when I have to add sugar or something similar to a dish i'm making!

Apart from my crisps (which are usually just a snack to fill a craving, rather than hunger) I always feel full, so I don't want to just eat for the sake of it, you know? If there is a time when I want to use my syns on something else, I will..but so far the main things I use them on are my crisps, Quorn sausages and when I have to add sugar or something similar to a dish i'm making!

Do you do a diary on here so can get an idea of what you are eating generally?

Back