Cross with myself and my pharmacist

nerac123

GO GO GO !!
Right - rant time.:booboo:

I've eaten. there - I've said it. I have eaten 8 prepacked king prawns with garlic and parsley, and about 30g of cooked salmon. about 400 cals, 1g carbs, v.low fat.

I can honestly say I conciously went to look for something in M&S whilst looking for wellies (!), I have had a protein craving for a few days now - but today - my WI, tipped me over the edge. Lost 4lb - which is what I do :sigh:, anyway - I mentioned I was thinking of going away, and the pharmacist said, well, if you don't want to do the plan, then just eat healthily and then come back.

I asked, could I take the pack for the week and have 2 shakes and then a healthy meal ? 'Yeah why not' !! was his stupid flippant reply - I'm confident he has received no training at all.

I felt like I needed a break. I know 5 full weeks isn't long in a lot of peoples eyes, but I just needed a fix. My thinking (probably wrongly) was if I had something with very very low carbs, then I would hopefully stay in ketosis - so as you can see - totally concious decision on my part.

The good news is my protein craving has gone, and I'm glad my tastebuds still work! And I'm sorry I let myself down, and everyone who is so supportive on here.

I'm over it for now, and will continue the battle. I'm not going to have my shake for my tea - as I feel really full and bloated.:break_diet:

I need to come to terms with a 4lb loss - but I'm really struggling - I so want much more. I've only just gone down a dress size - from 20 to 18, and the 18 is still a squeeze in a lot of stuff. 23lb off and not properly a dress size:cry:. I can tell I have lost it and so can other people.

Anyway, I'm glad I came on here - rather a confessional, cathartic experience actually. :ashamed0005:

thank you guys.

oh... ps... where can I get info about refeed (not that i'm ready yet - but would be curious to know whats involved).

Ta !:wave_cry: (sorry its so long)

Why are you so down on a 4lb loss? Thats freaking amazing in one week! What other diet would you get a 4lb loss in any week????

You've just lost 4lbs of fat - equilivant to 32 sausages!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So you ate, but what you guna do? Put it behind you. I for one am not big on people eating whilst they are still on their TFR journey and i can sometimes come across as harsh so if i do i apologise but why make that concious decision to go and eat food? Ok food habits are still there, hell i even have them but TFR really is the easiest part!!

Why are you upset at your pharmicists reply? He said what you wanted to hear right? IF you are going to chose to do 2 shakes and 1 meal on holiday please make senisble choices. Avoid carbs like the plague and avoid alcohol too - this is a definate no no!

Hopefully you can get back on track :)

Thanks Summer - I really need that kick up the @ss. Thank you.

well here you go :whoopass: :giggle:

Tomorrow is another day so get straight back to 3 shakes and dont eat no more tonight!

Hiya

Dont be so hard on yourself, at least you have had a low carb meal but after reading all about ketosis and studying it the last week I spoke to my gym instructors about it and they said that if it has no carbs in it that it shouldnt knock you out of ketosis, as lots of body builders etc also work out and train hard when in Ketosis. They said that only sugar will really knock you out, kinda the same theory as the atkins.

You will obviously lose more if your not eating but I really wouldnt worry, you have still lost 4lbs so well done you.

Dont be so down and :)

4 pound is a good result and although you have eaten, at least it was something healthy and sensible and as blondie has said chances are it will not have knocked you out of ketosis.

Have a good holiday and try not worry to much about having 2 shakes and a meal, again if you are eating health (chicken/fish low carb salad/veg fruit etc) you will keep the weight off, when I went away at week 7 on LT I did the same and lost 5lb in the took weeks, good luck Jo x

well done on the 4lb loss thats great and total loss is fantastic :) chin up head down and start full tfr tommor ;)

**hugs**

I`m new to LT so can`t advise, Sorry.

Tomorrow is another day, Pick urself up and dust urself off again start anew tomorrow.

Good Luck x

4lbs really isn't anything to be disappointed about!

I know that I've lost 22lbs (probably a bit more as I have my weigh in tomorrow) & I'm really still in the same 18's I was wearing before. However, I think this might largely be down to me stretching stuff out ;-) I understand that it's a bit discouraging (I got some size 16 jeans out of the loft & they wouldn't even fit over my thighs...) but you're only taking yourself away from the potential of dropping dress sizes in the future!

Hopefully you're not out of ketosis & won't have done too much damage. Stick with it! :)

Hannah

Just gots to get back on it 4lb is a nice loss to be fair

Many make slip ups and recover well so am sure you will be fine

Best of luck

Oh I could rant and rave at you for givng in, but I wont...Tanya gave you a good ticking off - which you took very graciously...... ;-) ;-)

Thanks for your post; honest, to the point and basically no beating about the bush! So, you have that in you and I know you will pick yourself up and start again.

Listen, when I started, no one noticed the weight loss, and it could have been so easy for me to feel down about it, but I just carried on. You will eventually see the difference in clothes...but remember, a size 18 in one shop, could be a size 16 in another..dont get hung up with the clothes issue. You are losing and it is fat and 4lbs!!! Good loss...actually, a very good loss at that.

You are probably getting into the frustration stage where you want it to happen now! You know that aint gonna happen; it still takes time, even although it is quick, you still need to be patient and wait for the results. They will come around quicker on LT than anywhere else.

I personally would say, dont re-feed, if you can. If you are going on a week's hol, then that might be different, but if you are just going away for the weekend, etc...then try and stay on TFR..is it do-able.

Come on Nerac, dont let the side down ;-) Us Highpeakers need to stick together....

On a serious note though.....what is done is done; it happens to the best of us, now just move on and learn from it. You need to know if this is what you want or whether you want to go and do healthy eating. There is no shame in that.....

Hang in there, and again, 4lbs sweetie is good and you are doing so well!!

Have a good day.

Thank you everyone for your superb and fabulous ongoing support. New day - 3 shakes today, didn't have anything else yesterday - I'm over it.
Bring on the next 4lb or whatever it will be.

Han Han - makes me feel better its not just my body that is stubborn ! Ta :p

Nicholas & Yorkshire adam - I'm on it !

Scared silence - thank you - support is appreciated always :)

Blondie and scamp - I'm going to stay with TFR. No more breaks - not even on holiday - mind made up.

Scotsmist - as always, thank you. If only I had this forum whilst in m&s ! ;) HighPeakers on track :D

The postive me is back.....WOOP WOOP! :D

Thank you everyone for your superb and fabulous ongoing support. New day - 3 shakes today, didn't have anything else yesterday - I'm over it.
Bring on the next 4lb or whatever it will be.

Han Han - makes me feel better its not just my body that is stubborn ! Ta :p

Nicholas & Yorkshire adam - I'm on it !

Scared silence - thank you - support is appreciated always :)

Blondie and scamp - I'm going to stay with TFR. No more breaks - not even on holiday - mind made up.

Scotsmist - as always, thank you. If only I had this forum whilst in m&s ! ;) HighPeakers on track :D

The postive me is back.....WOOP WOOP! :D

Excellent!!!!!!!!! See, we are all here for one another; just a blip in the life of us LTrimmers.....you will get there :)

Hey there, i started off in size20/22 jeans and can now fit a 16, but that has taken over 4 stone to do, we all lose weight in different places and clothes from different shops are almost all different sizes, you slipped up, most of us have, beating an addiction with food is one of the hardest things you will ever have to do but it is do able, it just takes time and if you take someone who has lost a lot of weight on LT and work out their average loss every week it is more likely to be 4-5lb rather than 8-9 over the entire journey, you are on week 5 the losses do slow as you have less to lose, dont get discouraged we are all there for you:gen126::gen126::gen126:

Yup, im with scots - really dont get hung up on clothes sizes, just look at your overall weight loss - every shop is different and being a 18 in one you might be a 16 in another. Whilst i was on TFR i went to sainsburys and got clothes there as the weight came off, stick to one shop somewhere cheap so your not spending a fortune and then even if you dont buy anything go in now and again and try something on in a smaller size :)

Hi Nerac,
very well done on your weight loss and so glad you are back on the LT train after your slip up. It has all been said so I will just offer my support and remind you to look at your ticker and see that you have completed a third of your LT journey, so doing well. Have a great week.
Doirin

Thanks Doirin,
the observation of the 1/3 of the way there is real motivation - thank you for noticing! Continued wishes to you too ! :)

Caren

Back