Cross with myself

Mumoftwo

Why did I weigh myself at home EVERY day last week??? I was thrilled as my scale registered a 1.5lbs loss for 3 days running before my weigh in. I confidently stepped on the scales at class and I had stayed the same!:cry:

I have been on plan, made lots of homemade soup and sw recipes and was feeling motivated as I thought I had a loss and now I am in a funk of my own making. :sigh:

Yesterday because I felt like a failure I had a piece of cheesecake which took my syn total to 20.5 for the day. I know it's not a huge total and I can reduce syns until my next weigh in but I want you guys to give me a good kick up the rear and tell me not to be so stupid ever, ever, ever again!

This is my second time of doing sw, I know all this stuff, what is wrong with me, aaarrrrgggghhhh!!!!!

This just goes to prove the point that our weight fluctuates on a daily basis and you should not weigh yourself every day!
I understand that you are gutted that you STS at WI but don't let it deter you, keep doing what you are doing and the official scales will soon catch up.
If you do have to get weighed at home, just do it once before you go to WI. If you are sticking to plan why do you need to get weighed at home? What do you do if the scales at home don't move? Just keep on with it and you'll be fine!

Ok, so we all get told that we shouldn't SP (sneek peak - but we do)! My C said last week that if you can't avoid SPing then after your official SW WI go home and weigh on your own scales and make sure they are weighing the same and if not, calibrate them. She'd obviously prefer us not to do this but if she can't stop us, she said she can at least prevent us from being disappointed each week at WI if two different scales weigh us differently. I'm terrible at SPs (each morning) but they do help me stay on track! HTH? x

I know it's not a popular view, but I weigh daily, have done for as long as I can remember, and I love it. Some days I'm up, some I'm done, some the same.

The way I see it, there should be no rule one way or another. If it works for you, if it helps you, do it. If it doesn't help, if it hinders, don't do it.

I will continue to do it, until such time as I find it doesn't help me, then I will stop.

If in hindsight you find the STS was made to feel negative BECAUSE of your daily weigh ins, then I would suggest you don't risk the daily weighs again. If on the other hand, you were just disappointed because you STS and were also surprised due to your daily weigh ins, then I see no home in carrying on.

This is your personal journey, and you can choose the method of transport :)

Awww hun sorry WI went differently to how you had hoped. Have your OH hide the scales xxx

Thanks guys, you always have good advice. My hubby is working away this week when he gets back I'll get him to hide those pesky scales! Hopefully I won't be begging him to get them back out for me too soon. They're irrisitable :p

Don't know why the scales at WI normally say I am 3 lbs heavier than my one at home (which is a new digital one). Only thing is I don't know which one is actually right? Nonetheless happy that I'm still losing.

I lost almost 4 stone last time weighing daily (well more like 4 or 5 times a day towards the end!) It became far too obsessive so this time, I have no scales in the house and it feels strangely liberating. I don't have that complacency anymore and it certainly makes WI a lot more exciting / terrifying as I haven't a clue what the scales will say!

Back